BY HOLLYWOOD

The 2004 film A CINDERELLA STORY is a modern-day retelling of the classic fairy tale, featuring rising superstar Hilary Duff in the role of the maltreated waif. The movie is a simple, sweet tale, and the accompanying soundtrack is chock full of confectionery pop befitting the joyful yarn. Since Duff is both a popular actress and a platinum-selling recording artist, a good portion of the record presents the appealing performer both rocking hard and crooning fetchingly. Duff's best moment comes when she teams up with her sister Haylie on an engaging re-working of the Go-Gos' classic "Our Lips Are Sealed." Young popster Jesse McCartney gets a chance to shine on two tracks, while much of the remaining album consists of well-chosen pop, including Edwin McCain's "I'll Be" and Mya's "Fallen." Cinderella's travails are timeless, hence A CINDERELLA STORY should expand that appeal to a new generation of wishing, hopeful kids (as well as nostalgic adults), and the music within furthers the honeyed allure. see more...

Hollywood A Cinderella Story [ECD] - Original Soundtrack - CD
  • "This movie was funny while at the same time I felt it taught teens a valuable lesson on life." in 1 review
  • "I am a huge Hillary Duff fan always have been since i was little i love this movie i watch it every time i catch it on t.v she is a really great actress and this movie shows how great she can be .. will always be the best movie or hers to me" in 1 review
  • "Was a really cute family movie, my girls really liked it!" in 1 review
Dana S.
Pop Culture Expert Level 5
This was one of my favorite movies when I was younger and I still enjoy watching it. The soundtrack is a great combination of Hilary Duff songs as well as popular songs from the time the movie came out. It is a cute movie which combines the fairytale essence with a modern twist.
Cora B.
Lexington, NC
Trinity G.
Silver Spring, MD
I really enjoyed this movie along with the music played in it. The movie is like a dream come true for younger girls. Although it might seem similar to other movies, it has its orginial twists and turns. I recommend both watching the movie and listening to the music.
PAULITH R.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Best mariachi ever! My husband always played his music in the car:-) We always watched his music videos too and always complimented on how well dressed and approached he is. Always a favorite! it every time i catch it on t.v she is a really great actress and this movie shows how great she can be ..
Pearl M.
New Bedford, MA
This movie was funny while at the same time I felt it taught teens a valuable lesson on life. Stars Hillary Duff and Channing Tatum... Perfect Cinderella and Prince combination.
Nikki C.
Rock hill , South carolina
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
It's a cute movie I've seen a couple of times from when I was younger. It's not bad overall but of course it has that kind of childish cheesiness to it. Still a cute movie
Dayna C.
Painesville, OH
LOVE LOVE LOVE this movie! Super cute and age appropriate for most kids. Hilary Duff is such a great actress in this movie. This does seem like it is realistic and can really hit home for those who have similar situations. So cute! Definitely watch.. and we have ourselves a chad michael murry...need i say more?
Courtney S.
Binghamton , NY
Pop Culture Expert Level 4
This is a very cute movie, and modern twist on the classic Cinderella story.... wasn't sure I would like this revamp at first, but I was pleasantly surprised!!
Dayana G.
Bakersfield, CA
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
This was my favorite movie growing up and it still is! I love the actors and it isn't the same as others. I see it on TV and I just can't get enough!
#nerdygirl ..
This movie to cheesy. After watching it again ( now that I'm older ) it's just bad. Its great for little kids, but is a bad movie for teens.
Alyssa B.
E Brunswick, NJ
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
Who is your favorite character?