BY HOLLYWOOD

The 2004 film A CINDERELLA STORY is a modern-day retelling of the classic fairy tale, featuring rising superstar Hilary Duff in the role of the maltreated waif. The movie is a simple, sweet tale, and the accompanying soundtrack is chock full of confectionery pop befitting the joyful yarn. Since Duff is both a popular actress and a platinum-selling recording artist, a good portion of the record presents the appealing performer both rocking hard and crooning fetchingly. Duff's best moment comes when she teams up with her sister Haylie on an engaging re-working of the Go-Gos' classic "Our Lips Are Sealed." Young popster Jesse McCartney gets a chance to shine on two tracks, while much of the remaining album consists of well-chosen pop, including Edwin McCain's "I'll Be" and Mya's "Fallen." Cinderella's travails are timeless, hence A CINDERELLA STORY should expand that appeal to a new generation of wishing, hopeful kids (as well as nostalgic adults), and the music within furthers the honeyed allure. see more...

Hollywood A Cinderella Story [ECD] - Original Soundtrack - CD
  • "I am a huge Hillary Duff fan always have been since i was little i love this movie i watch it every time i catch it on t.v she is a really great actress and this movie shows how great she can be .. will always be the best movie or hers to me" in 1 review
  • "Was a really cute family movie, my girls really liked it!" in 1 review
  • "This movie was funny while at the same time I felt it taught teens a valuable lesson on life." in 1 review
Sandy M.
I don't have the soundtrack but I do have the movie. I bought it for my daughter who loves Chad Michael Murray. This is a really good movie. I have watched it many many times and the music is good as well.
Maegan P.
Stephenville, TX
I will forever give this movie 5 stars. This movie was my childhood, and always a classic. I loved the actors and her dress always made me want to get married in something like that. I've watched this movie so much that I know it word for word and have no shame.
Leslie M.
El Paso, TX
I was always a major Hilary Duff fan. Therefore, this is a classic to anyone who not only liked Hilary Duff like me, but loved her music as well. She was a teen idol!
Brittany M.
This movie will always be one of my favorites since it came out HOW MANY YEARS AGO? I was a teenager and this sweet story with Hillary Duff and Chad Michael Murray (heartthrob) always melted my heart. It’s silly and heartwarming and a movie that can be enjoyed for years and years. The soundtrack is great as well and will bring along the same feels the movie has to offer!
Season S.
New Entrprise, PA
I am a 33 year old mother of 3 and I still make sure to watch this movie at least once a year. Yes, it's a teen movie. Yes, it has some really cheesy moments. Yes, it stars Hilary Duff...however, it's a good movie. The cast all works well together. I love the woman who plays Rhonda, she is probably my favorite..."Call me girlfriend one more time..." haha. This movie genuinely just gives me a feel good vibe when watching it. I will probably still be watching it annually 10 years from now.
Natalie R.
Shoreline, WA
Wonderful movie with a wonderful soundtrack. Every song on the soundtrack is amazing and brings you back to the time of 2004, its full of nostalgia. Plus there is even some HIlary Duff music on there which really brings you back to the early 2000s. The movie is a must see and contains a beautiful lesson. One of my favorite Cinderella adaptations.
Ashley F.
I love all of the Cinderella Story movies, but nothing compares to the original. The quote "Never let the fear of striking out, keep you from playing the game" has always rang clear with me. I am a baseball girl, but always having a reminder that I need to at least try before I give up has been really encouraging.
Nicole L.
Beaverton, OR
This was an awesome family movie!
super cute story and Hilary duff is amazing!
I would recommend this movie for tweens and teens , mabey a sleepover movie?
I know me and my cousin watched it over and over for years!
I still have watched this movie a few more times in the last few years!
Chelsi B.
Movie was AMAZING. It was everything someone would want in a teen, high school love story with a familiar twist. The songs used were complimentary to each scene and really intensified the emotions (lol). I sang the songs for weeks after watching. I truly recommend watching the movie (the rain kiss scene is a CLASSIC) and if you love it as much as I do, purchase the soundtrack!
Alyssa B.
E Brunswick, NJ
LOVE LOVE LOVE this movie! Super cute and age appropriate for most kids. Hilary Duff is such a great actress in this movie. This does seem like it is realistic and can really hit home for those who have similar situations. So cute! Definitely watch
Alyssa B.
E Brunswick, NJ
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
Who is your favorite character?