BY HOLLYWOOD

The 2004 film A CINDERELLA STORY is a modern-day retelling of the classic fairy tale, featuring rising superstar Hilary Duff in the role of the maltreated waif. The movie is a simple, sweet tale, and the accompanying soundtrack is chock full of confectionery pop befitting the joyful yarn. Since Duff is both a popular actress and a platinum-selling recording artist, a good portion of the record presents the appealing performer both rocking hard and crooning fetchingly. Duff's best moment comes when she teams up with her sister Haylie on an engaging re-working of the Go-Gos' classic "Our Lips Are Sealed." Young popster Jesse McCartney gets a chance to shine on two tracks, while much of the remaining album consists of well-chosen pop, including Edwin McCain's "I'll Be" and Mya's "Fallen." Cinderella's travails are timeless, hence A CINDERELLA STORY should expand that appeal to a new generation of wishing, hopeful kids (as well as nostalgic adults), and the music within furthers the honeyed allure. see more...

Hollywood A Cinderella Story [ECD] - Original Soundtrack - CD
  • "I am a huge Hillary Duff fan always have been since i was little i love this movie i watch it every time i catch it on t.v she is a really great actress and this movie shows how great she can be .. will always be the best movie or hers to me" in 1 review
  • "Was a really cute family movie, my girls really liked it!" in 1 review
  • "This movie was funny while at the same time I felt it taught teens a valuable lesson on life." in 1 review
Brittany M.
Pop Culture Expert
This movie will always be one of my favorites since it came out HOW MANY YEARS AGO? I was a teenager and this sweet story with Hillary Duff and Chad Michael Murray (heartthrob) always melted my heart. It’s silly and heartwarming and a movie that can be enjoyed for years and years. The soundtrack is great as well and will bring along the same feels the movie has to offer!
Season S.
New Entrprise, PA
I am a 33 year old mother of 3 and I still make sure to watch this movie at least once a year. Yes, it's a teen movie. Yes, it has some really cheesy moments. Yes, it stars Hilary Duff...however, it's a good movie. The cast all works well together. I love the woman who plays Rhonda, she is probably my favorite..."Call me girlfriend one more time..." haha. This movie genuinely just gives me a feel good vibe when watching it. I will probably still be watching it annually 10 years from now.
Maegan P.
Stephenville, TX
I will forever give this movie 5 stars. This movie was my childhood, and always a classic. I loved the actors and her dress always made me want to get married in something like that. I've watched this movie so much that I know it word for word and have no shame.
Trinity G.
Silver Spring, MD
I really enjoyed this movie along with the music played in it. The movie is like a dream come true for younger girls. Although it might seem similar to other movies, it has its orginial twists and turns. I recommend both watching the movie and listening to the music.
Leslie m.
El Paso, TX
I was always a major Hilary Duff fan. Therefore, this is a classic to anyone who not only liked Hilary Duff like me, but loved her music as well. She was a teen idol!
Ashley F.
Pop Culture Expert
I love all of the Cinderella Story movies, but nothing compares to the original. The quote "Never let the fear of striking out, keep you from playing the game" has always rang clear with me. I am a baseball girl, but always having a reminder that I need to at least try before I give up has been really encouraging.
Dayna C.
Painesville, OH
LOVE LOVE LOVE this movie! Super cute and age appropriate for most kids. Hilary Duff is such a great actress in this movie. This does seem like it is realistic and can really hit home for those who have similar situations. So cute! Definitely watch.. and we have ourselves a chad michael murry...need i say more?
#nerdygirl ..
This movie to cheesy. After watching it again ( now that I'm older ) it's just bad. Its great for little kids, but is a bad movie for teens.
Abby D.
Pop Culture Expert
HILLARY DUFF WAS MY CHILDHOOD AND THIS MOVIE MADE MY EMOTIONS GO EVERYWHERE AS A KID. I loved this movie and still watch it here and there!
Shelby G.
Everett, WA
This movie is so cheesy but so good. Hilary Duff is the best. Come on, Jimmy Eat World - Hear You Me during the rain scene? SO ICONIC!
Alyssa B.
E Brunswick, NJ
Pop Culture Expert
Who is your favorite character?