BY HOLLAND HOUSE

Holland House® Sherry Cooking Wine.

Premium quality since 1887.

A select sherry prepared exclusively for cooking, seasoned with 1 1/2% salt.

Alcohol by volume 17%. see more...

• In 1938, Holland House Products incoroperated in California! Was ...1 Answers
Buy on Walmart
Cat Y.
It seems like this is one of the top rated cooking wines, so don't hate me but....it simply isn't very good. High salt content and has preservatives. You should never cook with something you wouldn't drink when it comes to cooking wines and cooking with liquors, and I for one would like to limit the salt and preservative content in my food. A bottle of 3 buck chuck from TJ's is close in price and definitely more full-bodied!
Christine C.
i love this cooking wine. i can always make the best soups with this in a pinch. it makes a really great sweet flavor. just be sure to adjust the salt to your recipe as this is salty as well.
Susan L.
This is a staple in our house, especially when it comes to seafood dishes and cream of crab soup. The soup instantly becomes better when we add the Holland House sherry! Also great to use when sautéing shrimp and chicken!
Becky W.
Love all of these cooking wines and the Sherry Wine is no exception. I use this when making a sauce for steak diane and you would never know it is not the real stuff. I had a hard time finding it at my local HEB, but thankfully, Walmart had it!
Joely S.
Topeka, KS
Not a lot to say about a cooking wine except this is the brand I buy to make my lobster bisque and you simply can not make a lobster bisque without it. Great, now I want lobster bisque. Uggg
chyonne h.
I love the cooking wines. You will never find my cupboards without it. I live in New England and love to use them for my seafood recipes. The sherry wine is fantastic for a red clam Zappa.
Jan L.
I use this in some of my beef recipes to give it that extra rich full flavor needed when making a great dish. This is perfect if you don't have sherry at home or a full rich red bodied wine
Jamie P.
Boynton beach, FL
Pretty good flavor for cooking, love using this to make a chicken stove too recipe I came up with. Also, for chicken piccata, this wine adds great flavor.
Amy D.
Lake Mary, FL
I like this brand. It is good quality for the low price. I use it in a lot of my cooking. I have never been disapointed. I buy it at Publix.
Beth F.
Hinsdale, NH
Happy Hour Expert Level 3
My go to! I'm not a big wine drinker so when a recipe calls for Sherry or wine I reach for Holland House. Its always in my cabinet.
In 1938, Holland House Products incoroperated in California! Was that for the grapes?