BY BOOKS ALL PUBLISHER TITLES

As further evidence of his family's bad fortune which they attribute to a curse on a distant relative, Stanley Yelnats is sent to a hellish correctional camp in the Texas desert where he finds his first real friend, a treasure, and a new sense of himself. A Newbery Award Winner. 75,000 first printing. see more...

Holes (Anniversary) (Hardcover)
  • "The movie that followed was really good also, but not quite as good as the book!" in 1 review
  • "Great story that is not focused on a love story at the heart of the plot." in 1 review
  • "This is a great young adult fiction book." in 1 review
Christina T.
Cumberland, KY
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
This is a great book to read. I remember when my 7th grade class had to read it. It has a movie too! It has great actors and actresses in it, Shia Labouf is one of the main characters.
Nicole S.
Eastlake, OH
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
This is a very well written kids book. I am in my 30's but this is one of my all time favorite movies so I wanted to give the book a read. I was pleasantly surprised to see the writing was done so well that it almost translated verbatim to the movie. The only difference in the book versus the movie was that they had Stanley start off chubby in the book. That was literally the only difference I noticed. The writer did an excellent job keeping the readers interest! I love this book as much as I love the movie!
Karen T.
Escondido, CA
great book read it in the fifth grade. gets you hooked great for children. love how it takes you back in time half the book and the other half in the present. and how it all ties up together. the movie is also great stuck true to the story in the book shia did great as stanley
Sarah P.
Augusta, GA
Ive read this book about 5 times by now & I will always love it! The movie is good but the book is so much better! I love the ending of both! And I will keep reading this book :) I always look at things differently when I read a book again
Nicole F.
Pendleton, IN
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
This is a great young adult fiction book. I remember reading it so many years ago when I was in Seventh grade that I first read it. There is a movie about it too, starring Shia Lebeouf. I will encourage my children to read this and buy the anniversary edition.
Zulay V.
Philadelphia, PA
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
A fun childhood memory. I remember reading this book more than once. When we got to read it in school I was even happier. Great story. And I loved the movie they made. Stuck to the actual story line. I would love to watch it again.
Capri S.
Decatur, GA
Pop Culture Expert Level 3
This was AWESOME. The movie and the book. The book was definitely the favorite among my class when I was in third grade. The movie was my favorite the year it came out, I'm going to have to watch it later today.
Carina O.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Loved reading this book as a kid! It really is told beautifully! I also loved when the movie came out. It'll always hold a special place in my heart. I should really buy a copy to read it to my kid.
Amy W.
Woodbridge, CA
This was one of my favorite books when I was younger! The movie that followed was really good also, but not quite as good as the book! Must read for young kids!
Alexa N.
Bronx, NY
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
I literally remember reading this in school! This book really got me in a love for reading! Every young child should a least TRY to read this great book!
TaSheka S.
Great movie....what's your thoughts
Krista c.
Philadelphia, PA
Do they still make kids read this in school?
Victoria F.
Spring Valley, CA
Pop Culture Expert Level 4
What is this about???
Blanca G.
How many of you watch this in school
Allina T.
Wshngtn Ct Hs, OH
Is the movie anything like the book?