Add a Photo

By HOEGAARDEN
#24 in Beer
Naturally cloudy white fresh and light bodied, seasoned with coriander and curacao orange peel, with spicy Belguim yeast aroma, fruity sweetness and citrus flavors and a soft, spicy dry finish.
Photos (2)
Andra D.
Andra D.
New Prt Rchy, FL

Beer typical of Belgium weizen bier. Slight fruity, banana taste but not overwhelming. Great head and smooth taste served with a wedge of lemon (not orange) in a true tall Weizen bier glass. This is one of my favorite beers. I have tried numerous wits after this one, and always use this one as the standard of judging.

Appearance: Hazy yellow with fluffy head...amazing retention. It looks extremely appetizing.

Smell: Soft citrus notes, coriander and wheat.

Taste: Goes down very smooth. Its creamy and the citrus is rather gentle, balancing well with the coriander spices and the wheat. Light and refreshing.

Mouthfeel: Creamy, I usually swirl this around in my mouth for a little bit to get all the flavors.

Overall a very drinkable beer, but its much more than that. The mouth feel and taste are excellent and it goes down very smooth. I know some bars put a wedge of lemon in it, but I usually have mine straight up. And if you get it in a bottle, pour it. Drinking it from a bottle is just not as good.
Brooke H.
Brooke H.
Santa Barbara, CA

I was at a bar sometime ago, couldn't decide what beer to drink and a bartender suggested Hoegaarden. I had never heard of it or had it. Said what the hell lets do it. There was weird lighting in the bar and it made the beer like a neon color so i was really sketchy about trying it but I did and it was great. Very similar for a Hef. but you don't necessarily need to add a lemon wedge. Took me forever to remember the name and find it beside that bar. Now I see it all over the place. I got my husband drinking it.
Amanda S.
Amanda S.
Vienna, Va

I love Hoegaarden, especially in the summer! If you are not a huge beer fan you can mix it with framboise and get a fruity beer drink that is delicious (ordered as a Dirty Hoe if you are at a bar) which I highly recommended regardless of your beer preference! The only downfall (and reason for 4 stars) is that Hoegaarden has a good amount of calories compared to other beers.
Danielle R.
Danielle R.

I remember when I first had a Hoegaarden. I told my boyfriend that I sort of kind of hated beer but I could tolerate a Blue Moon. He came home with this and told me "it's like blue moon, if blue moon didn't suck." And well, quite frankly he was right! I'm not a beer guru so my beer explaining really isn't great, but he pretty much hit the nail on the head with that.
Cyprian T.
Cyprian T.
Summerville, SC

I love a good wheat beer. I just think it is refreshing and pairs well with everything. I love the shape of the bottle, the price isn't high and I do like it more then the standard more common wheats - Blue Moon and Shocktop. You can often find it at World Market and also at ABC stores (the beer side of them - if your state separates them).
Frances V.
Frances V.
Los Angeles, CA

I discovered this beer the first time I went to NYC and I fell in love. It has a little bit of a banana flavor and isn't quite as sweet as most wheat beers. It's hearty but not super overwhelming. I usually can't drink too much wheat beer because it fills me up really quick but this one tastes lighter than most.
Stephanie H.
Stephanie H.
Alta Loma, CA

Hoegaarden is a light, consistent, and tasteful beer. Usually I only drink it whenI'm at a bar because it is often one of the only decent beers sold at bars and nightclubs. It's always a joy to see that a new place has Hoegaarden, then I know I'll be able to have something good to drink.
Julee S.
Julee S.
Ventura, CA

With just the right amount of wheat flavor, this is a beer that even die-hard hefeweizen lovers can get into. I had the pleasure of having this in Europe, but if you can't be there to have it on draft then the bottle is the next best thing! Decent price for a little taste of Europe!
Tiffany H.
Tiffany H.

This beer is like blue moons older sister. You get that clean zest without it being too hoppy! I personally live to stick it in the freezer on a hot day and let it chill for 30-40 minutes grab a frosty cold glass and pour the beer to reveal a yummy beer slush full of citrus flavor.
Kiani C.
Kiani C.
Fullerton, CA

MY FAVORITE BEER. Hoegaarden is one of the best white pale ale beers out there. It's super easy to drink because of how low the alcohol content is, so you can easily kick a few back. It's pretty white and cloudy which is exactly the type of beer I love. I definitely recommend this!
Sarah H.
Sarah H.

Have you ever mixed this with orange juice? If you haven't you NEED to try it!
Erica C.
Erica C.
Tustin, CA

What a name
brionna g.
brionna g.

Would you recommend this beer to a occasional beer drinker?
Darienne T.
Darienne T.
Miami Gardens, FL

How does it taste.. How much of a buzz do you get
Meg V.
Meg V.
Vancouver , BC

how is this for a patio beer??

Join Now