Hoegaarden Beer uploaded by Aydin A.Hoegaarden Beer uploaded by Mercedez L.Hoegaarden Beer uploaded by Olenka B.

BY HOEGAARDEN #50 in Beer

Naturally cloudy white fresh and light bodied, seasoned with coriander and curacao orange peel, with spicy Belguim yeast aroma, fruity sweetness and citrus flavors and a soft, spicy dry finish. see more...

• how is this for a patio beer??1 Answers
  • How does it taste.. How much of a buzz do you get 5 Answers
  • Have you ever mixed this with orange juice? If you haven't you NE...9 Answers
Andra D.
Andra D.
New Prt Rchy, FL
Beer typical of Belgium weizen bier. Slight fruity, banana taste but not overwhelming. Great head and smooth taste served with a wedge of lemon (not orange) in a true tall Weizen bier glass. This is one of my favorite beers. I have tried numerous wits after this one, and always use this one as the standard of judging.

Appearance: Hazy yellow with fluffy head...amazing retention. It looks extremely appetizing.

Smell: Soft citrus notes, coriander and wheat.

Taste: Goes down very smooth. Its creamy and the citrus is rather gentle, balancing well with the coriander spices and the wheat. Light and refreshing.

Mouthfeel: Creamy, I usually swirl this around in my mouth for a little bit to get all the flavors.

Overall a very drinkable beer, but its much more than that. The mouth feel and taste are excellent and it goes down very smooth. I know some bars put a wedge of lemon in it, but I usually have mine straight up. And if you get it in a bottle, pour it. Drinking it from a bottle is just not as good.
Frances V.
Frances V.
Fountain Vly, CA
I discovered this beer the first time I went to NYC and I fell in love. It has a little bit of a banana flavor and isn't quite as sweet as most wheat beers. It's hearty but not super overwhelming. I usually can't drink too much wheat beer because it fills me up really quick but this one tastes lighter than most.
Stephanie H.
Stephanie H.
Alta Loma, CA
Hoegaarden is a light, consistent, and tasteful beer. Usually I only drink it whenI'm at a bar because it is often one of the only decent beers sold at bars and nightclubs. It's always a joy to see that a new place has Hoegaarden, then I know I'll be able to have something good to drink.
Julee S.
Julee S.
Ventura, CA
With just the right amount of wheat flavor, this is a beer that even die-hard hefeweizen lovers can get into. I had the pleasure of having this in Europe, but if you can't be there to have it on draft then the bottle is the next best thing! Decent price for a little taste of Europe!
Kiani C.
Kiani C.
Fullerton, CA
MY FAVORITE BEER. Hoegaarden is one of the best white pale ale beers out there. It's super easy to drink because of how low the alcohol content is, so you can easily kick a few back. It's pretty white and cloudy which is exactly the type of beer I love. I definitely recommend this!
Tiffany H.
Tiffany H.
This beer is like blue moons older sister. You get that clean zest without it being too hoppy! I personally live to stick it in the freezer on a hot day and let it chill for 30-40 minutes grab a frosty cold glass and pour the beer to reveal a yummy beer slush full of citrus flavor.
Erica S.
Erica S.
Colorado Spgs, CO
Such a great flavorful Belgian white beer. this beer is perfect for mixing with other beers for a little more flavor. I typically like to mix it with a cider or something else a little sweet. I highly recommend this beer for adventurous beer drinkers looking to mix up their palate
Michaela M.
Michaela M.
Monroe, LA
Not my favorite beer but good for a hot day. Very light flavor. I've only tasted this beer on draft so I can't confirm that the bottle his good. Typically draft is always better Bc it's served in a glass designed by the brewery to heighten the experience and flavor of the beer.
Cynthia W.
Cynthia W.
Syracuse, NY
I have a special fondness in my heart for this beer. It tastes pretty good and has a lovely flavor profile, but my connection comes from silly college days...so I think that my opinion on this beer is kind of a wash. Not my favorite to drink, but nice to have around.
Caitlin E.
Caitlin E.
Olney, MD
Great light wheat German beer! Hoegaarden is perfect for an inexperienced beer drinker, or someone who is looking for something with a lighter feel surrounded by hearty craft options. Gorgeous yellow coloring, light thin mouth feel, this beer doesn't disappoint.
Sarah H.
Sarah H.
Have you ever mixed this with orange juice? If you haven't you NEED to try it!
Erica C.
Erica C.
Tustin, CA
What a name
brionna g.
brionna g.
Would you recommend this beer to a occasional beer drinker?
Darienne T.
Darienne T.
Miami Gardens, FL
How does it taste.. How much of a buzz do you get
Meg V.
Meg V.
Vancouver , BC
how is this for a patio beer??