BY HODGSON MILL #53 in Hot Cereal

Hodgson Mill® Oat Bran Hot Cereal.
Good source of iron.
Premium quality.
Since 1882.
Hodgson water mill.
All natural.
Oat bran muffin recipe on back!
Heart healthy.
Details on back.
Non GMO project verified.
nongmoproject.org. see more...

Nadia S.
Foodie Expert
I love oat bran. It's essentially all of the good stuff about oats with fewer carbs. This particular brand is always the cheapest at the grocery store and has such a great texture. I highly recommend this to people who are looking to add more fiber and protein into their diets.
Mary D.
Foodie Expert
This is a good plan oatmeal which I prefer so you can put different ingredients like fruit, honey, granola, and so many other things! This oatmeal cooks well and tastes good plain or with other ingredients! I like to use this for oatmeal cookies to! Such a great oatmeal!
Ivy D.
Foodie Expert
The only oat bran I've ever tried, but I really like it. I like that it has a bit more protein than oatmeal. The consistency is creamier too, which I prefer. It's good hot or cold too. Really good with mix ins - fruit, nuts, or chocolate chips!
Jennifer W.
Boise, ID
Foodie Expert
A really good option for hot cereal that cooks quickly. We love to have plain hot cereal on hand and Hodgson Mill has become a favorite for our kids. We make a little bowl with coconut oil and a little strawberry jam.
LEAR17679 Elizabeth L.

It is a very tasty hot cereal and is very easy to make. I am British, and I would say this is very close to the traditional British porridge. It is very easy to make in the microwave, and is very tasty if you add milk instead of water. The grains are not very large, like a little oatmeal, so it has a good uniform consistency and is not at all chewy in any way.
Bonnie L.
Foodie Expert
Great way to increase your fiber intake without sacrificing taste! I add this to oatmeal or hot cereal instead of by itself. I also add to baking recipes for a thickening agent.
Tabetha M.
Foodie Expert
Just a made these for breakfast for my family it look about 4 mins and we added some sugar nuts bananas and cranberries. It was delicious! Extremely healthy and hearty! Affordable and will be a new staple easy breakfast in our kitchen!
Evelyn M.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Foodie Expert
This one tastes a. Little bit more healthier more like wheats and grains but after all it does all good and no bad so its a win win they should include some dry fruit maybe.
Venus L.
Texarkana, TX
I love this brand because you can rely on the quality of product. It's low sugar, organic, and much better than the Quaker brand. The price is good and the taste is great! This is something I buy often.
Maggie G.
Lincoln Park, NJ
Foodie Expert
I cook it in the microwave. I don't use as much water as the box calls for; but you'll have to experiment to see what you like best. In my microwave, one serving (in an 18-oz cereal bowl) takes a bit more than 2 minutes at 50% power -- it will boil over on Hi. We usually serve it slightly sweetened, with a little butter and cinnamon. We often add blueberries.

But I have discovered that I can make "grits" with this, too -- I know, I know... grits are made from corn. Sometimes I use a 50/50 mix of oat bran and grits, but sometimes all oat bran. I cook the oat bran with less water than usual, add a little butter and salt, and it has a taste and texture similar to grits. In a 1-qt bowl, enough for 2 servings takes 3-4 minutes on Hi.