BY KENNY ORTEGA #1 in Movies

Hollywood superstar Bette Midler (Beaches) joins Sarah Jessica Parker (Honeymoon in Vegas) and Kathy Najimy (Sister Act) as three outlandishly wild witches who return from 17th Century Salem for a night of zany fun and comic chaos. After they're accidentally conjured up by some unsuspecting pranksters, the tricky 300-year-old trio sets out to cast a spell on the town and reclaim their youth - but first they must outwit three pesky kids who are determined to foil their scheme! Loaded with bewitching laughs and magical special effects, "Hocus Pocus" is an outrageous comedy that's sure to entertain everyone.

• Who else loved this and Halloween town movies ? 🙋🏽36 Answers
  • Does anyone else watch this even when it isn't Halloween?33 Answers
  • Who else is binge watching this? Brings back childhood me...2 Answers
Hocus Pocus
  • "its a halloween tradition to watch this every year, i love this movie i know it word for word but it never gets old!" in 14 reviews
  • "This is one of my favorite Disney movies and my all time favorite halloween movie they need to make #2 !!!" in 12 reviews
  • "I think the reason being is that this is probably one of the last Halloween movies made where it shows kids out on Halloween night going door-to-door getting candy and it really shows what Halloween USED to be like in its glory." in 11 reviews
  • "I love this movie so much and I make sure I never miss it when it comes on television.It was always a tradition to watch it when I was little.Now I watch the movie every Halloween with my sisters.Also my whole family watches it together.I love it. " in 6 reviews
  • "This is my all time favorite Halloween movie it shows a fun and scary dinamic." in 6 reviews
Sam S.
O Fallon, MO
This is probably my favorite Halloween movie. I try to catch it every year when it plays, at least once. Surprisingly, I do not own this movie. I would grow up watching it on Disney. I love the story and the movie holds a special place in my heart. I love all the characters in the movie and even the one song. Even though it is a short movie, it doesn't skip over important moments and gets to them without forgetting mention all the details. Of course, I'll continue to watch it. After all, I'm pretty sure it is a cult classic at this point.
Brittney W.
California
I know it’s past Halloween but hocus pocus is the greatest Halloween movie of all time no doubt about it! Halloween, my favorite holiday, is never complete without watching this movie . I’ve been a fan since it came out when I was a small child. It’s good for a family film and not too scary for kids. It has become a cult classic and a must have in your movie collection.
Cristina R.
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
when i think about Halloween i instantly want to grab this movie. the music, the feel, the celebration and action in this movie is so entertaining that you will love singing along with the villain. i love the characters. my favorite are the witches of course and the cat. i am  cat fanatic and i loved everything about this movie. i can watch this every time and i will never get tired of watching this movie. this is such an original movie that you just want to pass this movie on to your kids.
Skylar S.
La Crosse, WI
Pop Culture Expert Level 3
As most adults my age I watched this over and over as a kid. I honestly loved Sara Jessica Parker in this she was phenomenal as the ditsy blonde witch. I was always freaked out by the dead guy that popped up at the end to help the kids but overall this is a classic and was a must watch for me when I was a kiddo.
Michelle B.
Rome, GA
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
Yes this is my all time favorite movie and a must watch in my house every single year around Halloween.  I'm not really sure why I love it so much...I just do.  I love the Sanderson sisters and the character story line of each of them.  Such a great movie...
Samantha C.
Dover, DE
I think this is one of the classic and good movies of the season of Halloween.  The witches are funny and kind of remind me of the three stooges in a way.  The children are typical, but smart in a way that makes them different.  This movie keeps you on your feet and its very unexpected.  GREAT for Halloween and the whole family.
Alyssa S.
Chicago
God I LOVE this movie. I watch it every year around Halloween and even other times during the year. It’s so nostalgic for me since I’ve been in love with it since I was a kid. Bette Midler is so great - all the witches are hilarious. Just a feel good movie.
Athena A.
Spokane , WA
Hocus Pocus is an oldie but a goodie. Bette Middler, Kathy Najimy, and Sarah Jessica Parker give an outstanding performance, and even though they’re villains, you can’t help but love them! It’s a movie you can watch year around without feeling guilty because it’s not Halloween anymore. Don’t deprive yourself or your children of this Cult Favorite
Heather A.
Vermont
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
I remember when this for came out I was almost ten and granny had told me to go to bed I was so quiet because I had wanted to stay up a nd watch this movie ever since I watch it ever year this was a part of my childhood i loved it I still watch it every y ear with my granny.
Kierianne L.
Falls church, VA
Apparently this movie was a dud when it came out (my dad mentioned). But it has now turned into a modern classic. I always look forward to watching this around Halloween. I sometimes even watch it months before or after! A movie you won’t regret seeing or buying.
Nida S.
Pop Culture Expert Level 3
In all honesty, I have never seen this one. I love watching Halloween Family Classics. Is this one of them? Is it appropriate for young children?
Tabetha B.
Barboursville, WV
I've never seen this ....
Holly S.
Byhalia, MS
Who else watches this every halloween? 😍
Emily M.
Louisville, KY
i have never seen this movie. is it a good one?
Rachel D.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Ok, who else considers this a classic?!