BY KENNY ORTEGA #5 in Movies

Hollywood superstar Bette Midler (Beaches) joins Sarah Jessica Parker (Honeymoon in Vegas) and Kathy Najimy (Sister Act) as three outlandishly wild witches who return from 17th Century Salem for a night of zany fun and comic chaos. After they're accidentally conjured up by some unsuspecting pranksters, the tricky 300-year-old trio sets out to cast a spell on the town and reclaim their youth - but first they must outwit three pesky kids who are determined to foil their scheme! Loaded with bewitching laughs and magical special effects, "Hocus Pocus" is an outrageous comedy that's sure to entertain everyone.

• Who else loved this and Halloween town movies ? ūüôčūüŹĹ36 Answers
  • Does anyone else watch this even when it isn't Halloween?31 Answers
  • Who else agrees this was one of the best childrens Halloween films?6 Answers
Hocus Pocus
  • "its a halloween tradition to watch this every year, i love this movie i know it word for word but it never gets old!" in 14 reviews
  • "This is one of my favorite Disney movies and my all time favorite halloween movie they need to make #2 !!!" in 12 reviews
  • "I think the reason being is that this is probably one of the last Halloween movies made where it shows kids out on Halloween night going door-to-door getting candy and it really shows what Halloween USED to be like in its glory." in 11 reviews
  • "I love this movie so much and I make sure I never miss it when it comes on television.It was always a tradition to watch it when I was little.Now I watch the movie every Halloween with my sisters.Also my whole family watches it together.I love it. " in 6 reviews
  • "This is my all time favorite Halloween movie it shows a fun and scary dinamic." in 6 reviews
Nicole S.
Nicole S.
Eastlake, OH
Pop Culture Expert
This is a family favorite and we have watched it easily 50 or more times. We watch it multiple times per year, not just around Halloween. The casting is beyond perfect! Bette Middler, Kathy Najimy and Sarah Jessica Parker play their roles perfectly! Every scene with the sisters is hysterical. One of my favorite scenes is where they go trick or treating and when they go to Allisons house. I also like the scene where they go to the town hall dance. The costumes they created for those scenes are inventive and creative and gives some great ideas to make yourself! The soundtrack is memorable, familiar and the songs are upbeat and fun. Its a must see for anyone... guaranteed to be one you will add to your collection! We own it on both dvd and blu ray. We watch it every time it shows on TV and thoroughly enjoy it every single time!
Rachelle D.
Rachelle D.
Phoenix
Another one of my favorites its perfect for Halloween and isn't scarey so its good for all ages. its set back In salem at the start and then fast forward into the 1990s. it follows the tail of two teenagers and a littler sister bringing back the sanderson sisters. and the 3 have to try and warn everyone before the take the souls of the children in town to be able to stay alive and not die at dawn. the 3 have to try and save the night with the help of a talking cat who is my personal favorite character.
Emily H.
Emily H.
Dover, DE
Watch this in October! Such a great story line and fun for the whole family! My favorite scene is when Sarah Jessica Parker sings her song to all the children. This is a must watch for Halloween along with Halloween town and many other children's classics. My favorite line from this movie is "Sistahssss". My friends would say it all the time around Halloween. The Hocus Pocus witches would also be a great idea for a group Halloween costume! Male or Female. Male would be hilarious!
Christina S.
Christina S.
Merrick, NY
Uh oh! It's October again! hat means I'll be watching this movie at least 10 times. It is an absolute cult classic for 90's kids. Hocus Pocus is synonymous with Halloween for 90's kids. I look forward to watching this movie every year. It has everything you need in a cute Halloween movie--a great story line, a little romance and a few jump scares all with great acting none the less. Perfect children's movie but great for adults too! It's no wonder why this movie is legendary!
Mari Y.
Mari Y.
Cumb Foreside, ME
This is literally the best halloween movie EVER. I can't even count how many times I've seen it because it never gets old. Its SO 90s I love it and the main character is so damn cute! Obviously Bette Middler is HILARIOUS in it along with SJP! And the little sister is super cute. I watch this movie every year and its one of the only movies I can rewatch over and over, even when it's not halloween. Honestly I might go watch it right now, now that I'm writing this...
Amber B.
Amber B.
Raceland, LA
This movie is a classic. We have a tradition of watching it every year for Halloween. Every year I'm still just as entertained as the first time I watched it. The witches are frightfully hilarious and quite lovable despite the fact that they are evil. Great movie for children of all ages. It keeps the attention of all 6 of my children and has since a very young age. I would highly recommend watching Hocus Pocus if you have not seen it yet.
Jamie W.
Jamie W.
Pop Culture Expert
One of my favorites to watch during October because of halloween. I love when ABC family plays this during the month of October and reruns it during some days during October. My favorite scene was when the witches comes across this house on halloween and sees this old man dressed as a devil and they praise him when it's just a costume. It's so funny! I have this on dvd and I still watch it even when it's not October.
Anna R.
Anna R.
Fort Wayne, IN
LOVE this movie! Was my favorite movie as a child and I still get all nostalgic when I watch it as an adult. I make it a tradition to watch it every Halloween. It has excitement, humor and a family message which is what makes it all great plus more! It's not super scary, so all ages can watch and enjoy this film and the acting is cheesy, but in a good way that you fall in love with the characters.
Kassie B.
Kassie B.
Aurora, IL
Pop Culture Expert
I watched this movie so many times growing up! I'm not sure If I've ever watched it on Halloween because this movie was good for any day. I wanted to watch it this year but wasn't willing to spend so much money to rent or own it digital or actual dvd. But this is such a classic Disney Halloween movie and Halloween family favorite! The cast is perfect for the movie and has lots of funny parts.
Rachel B.
Rachel B.
Pop Culture Expert
What a great Halloween movie that never gets old! I watch this every Halloween to get me into the spirit (no pun intended)! This movie is honestly good for all ages, kids will love it and want to watch it over and over. The three witches all have their own personalities that makes the movie funny! Sometimes it can get a little stale but that doesn't stop me from watching it every year!
Nida S.
Nida S.
Pop Culture Expert
In all honesty, I have never seen this one. I love watching Halloween Family Classics. Is this one of them? Is it appropriate for young children?
Tabetha B.
Tabetha B.
Huntington, WV
I've never seen this ....
Emily M.
Emily M.
Louisville, KY
i have never seen this movie. is it a good one?
Rachel D.
Rachel D.
Pop Culture Expert
Ok, who else considers this a classic?!
Holly S.
Holly S.
Byhalia, MS
Who else watches this every halloween? ūüėć