Add a Photo

By H&M
#5 in Clothing Stores & Brands

H & M Hennes & Mauritz AB is a Swedish multinational retail-clothing company, known for its fast-fashion clothing for men, women, teenagers and children.

Photos (275)
Brian B.
Brian B.
Las Vegas, NV

'll confess I have a love-hate relationship with this store.
I love the location (close to home), the baby and children's clothes (stylish, affordable, practical, etc.) This is style heave compared to Carter's.They have a decent collection of inexpensive maternity clothes.
However, this particular store is especially poorly run - many times there are clothes all over the floor, lines are impossibly long at the register, and their staff is unhelpful and slow. Their collection is often incomplete.(missing sizes, colors, etc)
My worst experience was one day in the changing rooms. I was 9 months pregnant, huge and had some difficulty getting around. I desperately needed a winter sweater and coat so I decided to try some on in the changing room. I was really quiet in the store so I asked if I could use the family changing room so I would have a little more space to change. The attendant looked at me and said: "Mam, these are only for customers with children". I pointed at my belly and asked her what she thought was inside it. She still refused to let me use the family room. So lame.
I've now resorted to using the H&M online store, though it's a pain that they don't accept in-store returns.
Ciara L.
Ciara L.
Hayward, CA

Had a really difficult time with H&M recently. I had purchased a pair of pants for work, and I purchased them on a weekend. Literally within a few days I noticed a hole was in the crotch of the pants. Now, I washed them before wearing them, followed the directions to the T, and the crotch split at the seam... WHILE I WAS AT WORK!

I freaked out, social anxiety in full effect, so much so that my manager went with me to get another pair of pants, because I was just going to hide it and sew them at home that night.
When I explained how ridiculous it was that a new pair of pants ripped on me in 2 days, they looked perplexed and then tried to get me to buy another pair of pants and later "exchange them." The issue I had was, they would have double (or more than that) of my money, and then take 3 days for my money to appear back in my account. Now why would I purchase a new pair of pants when the rip was obviously NOT my fault, and it is something that needs to be fixed?

After spending about 15 minutes talking to several employees, only then did my manager and myself convince them to just exchange the damn pants. It took a long time, and it's obvious they aren't really interested in making the customers happy.
Ana V.
Ana V.

'll confess I have a love-hate relationship with this store.
Caitlin G.
Caitlin G.

H&M is the store I can't quit. I always say this is the last time I'm ordering from them after I have a bad experience. But I always keep going back for more because of the prices and on trend designs.

There are a couple things I loathe about H&M. There is absolutely no size consistency. I usually need to size up 2 sizes. Yet, at the same time, sometimes I have to size down too. My last package I ordered all the same size and had to go back and get a large majority of the stuff at least 2 sizes up for it to fit normally. But then there were a few items in my order that were also huge on me and I had to size down. My friend, who is a completely different body shape than me, had to size up two sizes the last time we went in store too. Another thing is that they don't sell everything online that they sell in store. And their website and app is not very good.

That being said, I still buy a ton of stuff from H&M. It's great if you want fashion forward business attire with interesting details ala Rag and Bone without the expensive price tag. Or just on trend clothing in general that's a little more grown up than a store like say Forever 21.
Lissette A.
Lissette A.

A lot of blouses are sheer. I need to buy undershirts in every freaking color because i swear 80 percent of the shirts, dresses, blouses are sheer. The thicker stuff can cost a pretty penny that I refuse to pay for foreign sweat shop clothes. Im a hypocrite, yes. I buy sweatshop clothes from h&m when it is on sale. However, I'm making a vow not to buy clothes from malls anymore. Unless its american apparel. Its expensive af, but its made in the US by people who are paid an a nice hourly wage. H&M clothes is made in Bangladesh, cambodia, china etc, so it is cheap. If you are learning about ethics in the clothing/fashion industry, you will find that a lot of clothes is made by underpaid workers whose rights are violated. This goes for many stores in shopping malls. H&M is just one of them. The price range is good for people who want to dress fashionable without paying a lot of money for it. Some people need to dress nice for work, but can't afford to pay a hefty price for clothes, so they shop here. To each their own. Just know where your clothes is coming from.
Jusmir O.
Jusmir O.

.I've only ever shopped at H&M in-store but it is probably my favourite clothing store. Here in united states  the prices are so cheap for basic must-have and trendy looking clothes. It is the perfect place to find everything cheap and well-fitting from skinny jeans to interview/office attire.
My boyfriend often comes along with me and he enjoys their clothing as well. (I've also stumbled into their children's section and their clothing looks so cute!).

I really hope H&M always stays so affordable, I fear that over the years they will eventually become more pricey like other stores have in my mall.
Elizabeth E.
Elizabeth E.
Marceline, MO

As most of us know,  H&M is always a hodge podge of deals and off-brand styles.  One would think that the quality of the clothing would suffer because of this, but I have found the opposite.  I've bought several dresses and cardigans that are nearly identical to those found in stores like Express and Christopher Banks, but at a fraction of the price.  The clothing there is good quality and lasts a long time.  One major downside to the store, however, is that since there are several brands they carry, the continuity of sizing is effected. I wear a standard size 12.  Some of the size 12 products in the store fit me perfectly, while others either drown me or squeeze the air out of my lungs.  Be careful and always try the clothing on before buying!  It'll be worth it if you do.
Rhina F.
Rhina F.

I love H&M! My favorite location is the one in Caesar's Palace Las
Vegas. It's like 3 floors of things! Overall I love this store but it is
a hit and miss. I wish stores would organize their clothing sections by
size and low to high prices. The thing with H&M is you really gotta
dig if you want to find a good regular price deal! I know they have
sale sections and all but it's always fun for me to find a great deal
find in the regular price sections. The sizes are even numbers and
sometimes fit myself and sometimes it doesn't. Like I said, it is a hit
or miss. I have a lot of cute tops and dresses from here along with a
handful of accessories. Their sale sections for accessories and makeup
are always a great deal! Trendy outfits and accessories for a super
cheap to decent pricing.
Xuan C.
Xuan C.

I love H&M! My favorite location is the one in Caesar's Palace Las Vegas. It's like 3 floors of things! Overall I love this store but it is a hit and miss. I wish stores would organize their clothing sections by size and low to high prices. The thing with H&M is you really gotta dig if you want to find a good regular price deal! I know they have sale sections and all but it's always fun for me to find a great deal find in the regular price sections. The sizes are even numbers and sometimes fit myself and sometimes it doesn't. Like I said, it is a hit or miss. I have a lot of cute tops and dresses from here along with a handful of accessories. Their sale sections for accessories and makeup are always a great deal! Trendy outfits and accessories for a super cheap to decent pricing.
Jessica C.
Jessica C.
MAPLE VALLEY, WA

I've purchased multiple pairs of sweat pants, tops and a wind breaker for my 10 year old son @ H&M.  He is average sized, SUPER active and goes through clothes quickly due to wear and tear OR because of growth spurts.  H&M has fashionable, moderately durable clothing that works well for my son.  I feel the quality and price are a step up from Old Navy and the style has more of an international / European flair - which is not surprising since this is a Swedish brand.  I was first introduced to H&M in Canada - so now having shops in my area makes it easier to purchase locally.  The only con is that their jeans would not stand up to my son's daily habits.  But then again, my son is extreme, we have to get him iron knee jeans - so this may just be an issue for us.
Michelle L.
Michelle L.
Pittsburgh, PA

H&M or forever 21?
Gabriella V.
Gabriella V.
Holland, MI

Has anyone ever noticed their prices or ever ridiculously cheap, or scary expensive??
monica d.
monica d.
Culver City, CA

H&M or old navy?
Malika T.
Malika T.
Philadelphia, PA

What are your favorite items to buy at H&M? Do you think the quality matches the price?
Carol B.
Carol B.
Schenectady, NY

H&M Or Charlotte Ruse? Which would you shop for school? Someone on a budget?