Hinge uploaded by Kristin H.

BY HINGE

Donna A.
Scotch Plains, NJ
Even though, Hinge is one of my favorite apps to tell introduce people to because of the concept of easily starting conversation behind it. Unfortunately, the app has MANY glitches. For example: If I wanted to respond to a guy after seeing his response on my notifications, I'd go to respond and his message wouldn't load in the app. Sometimes this would take days for it to load, regardless of the notification I got on my iPhone dashboard. Another thing that stinks is you have to pay after four months. I like to have the positive outweigh the negative though, if you're over the tinder, bumble, swiping phenomenon- go for hinge. I think it brings out the best of the millennial generation
Shreha J.
san francisco, CA
Hinge is an app that pairs you up with potential dates that have a mutual friend with you. I was unsure of this because I like to keep my dating life private. However, I felt like this experience may benefit others.

Pros:
Seems safer since you have mutual friends.
You can get them ahead of time by asking your mutual friend about them.
You are starting off with something or someone in common.

Cons:
If you would like to be private about dating or using apps, this would not be for you.
Your dates may have a pre conceived notion about you.
Jo W.
Philadelphia, PA
I used this before they revamped it, and it was still free. I liked the concept of friends of friends, although that means you may be slightly more limited in your options, but my options did tend to have more of the qualities I was interested in (stable job, education, etc). I didn't have any dating luck while I was on it, but my roommate met her current boyfriend on it and will be moving in with him soon. I will be interested to see the direction they take the app after relaunch.
Kelsey N.
macomb, MI
I used Hinge a couple times a little over a year ago. One of my coworkers recommended it to me as she had met a really guy on there. She explained that it was almost like a LinkedIn but for dating as you were shown people you had mutual friends with. I gave it a chance but it did not seem to have many users, at least not in my age group. I really like the concept because it adds a connection to the person instead of them being a complete stranger but unfortunately, this app did not work out for me.
Kara T.
Austin, TX
I totally appreciate what Hinge is trying to do by requiring x amount of photos, providing question prompts, limiting the number of "swipes," etc. It's also relatively easy to use. That being said, because it's not as popular as other apps, the pool of available people is slim and to be honest, not impressive. I haven't found anyone on there yet that I would realistically ever go out with. I'll keep trying though!
Andrea F.
Phoenix , AZ
Great concept for a dating app. I liked how I never got truly 'random' people. The app synced with my Facebook account and pulled matches for me that I had mutual friends with, so there was always a common denominator in the relationship. It is a much more adamant app, compared to other dating apps such as Tinder.
Anne K.
Raleigh, NC
I haven't ever met anyone off of Hinge. The "people of people" you may know has never resulted in folks that are similar to me. It might also be that there aren't as many people on the app in general.

One thing I do like is that there is a limited number of people each day so you aren't swiping nonstop.
Courtney B.
Hinge is an interesting app because it's based on the premise that connections will be more meaningful if you have friends in common. This premise makes sense in theory -- similar social circles mean you probably have more in common -- but I find that it just means I end up getting connected to a lot of jerks who know people I went to school with.
Kelsey F.
Gainesville, FL
I like the user experience on this dating app, but for some reason I connect with less people on this app than other apps. Maybe it is because there is a limited amount of text on people's profiles, so you are basing it more on looks that personality. I'm sure if you upgrade to the paid version there are more features, but for me, the free version isn't a win.
Liz B.
Milwaukee, WI
This was one of the better App dating sites that I have been on. I did have some issues where the same individuals would keep popping up and I wasn't able to refresh. The app is free and unlike some of its competitors you actually have some sort of connection to the person which is a great conversation starter.