Pets & AnimalsDogDog SuppliesHill's Pet Nutrition
Hill's Science Diet Adult Sensitive Stomach and Skin

Hill's® Science Diet® Adult Sensitive Stomach and Skin

by Hill's Pet Nutrition

Precisely balanced nutrition for sensitive digestive systems and to improve skin and coat health

Is the production of hills science diet sensitive skin & stomach grain free food consistent ?
My German Shepherd has severe skin allergies and has been chewing herself constantly. We’ve switched her food a few times to limited ingredient, fish/salmon blends and have added [product:pure-wild-alaskan-salmon-oil-for-dogs-&-cats-supports-joint-function-immune-&-heart-health-omega-3-liquid-food-supplement-for-pets-all-natural-epa-dha-fatty-acids-for-skin-&-coat-32-fl-oz] as well to help. We finally took her to the vet and she was put Apoquel (an immunologic) daily and I’ve seen some implement in her itching and scratching. The vet recommended a prescription diet trial if this regimen doesn’t work and I’m wondering if anyone has used this food with success? It seems to be one of the more affordable food on the market without a prescription. Any other recommendations helpful too?
I know science diet is expensive, but my fur baby deserves the best....is there something better [product:hills-science-diet-hills-science-diet-sensitive-stomach-and-skin-adult-dog-food-chicken-meal-and-barley]
Start your review of Hill's® Science Diet® Adult Sensitive Stomach and Skin!
Pahua N.
Hill's® Science Diet® Adult Sensitive Stomach and Skin uploaded by Pahua N.
My English Bulldog mixed is highly sensitive and have skin allergies along with ear infections. I started her on this for a week and I can see a difference. Her sensitive and rash areas have almost cleared up. I also haven’t seen my other dog scratch herself as much either. I will continue to buy this dog food for both of my fur babies. I highly recommend this even though it can be pricey but it’s well worth it to keep my fur babies healthy. I paid $58 at Rural King. They will also price match and also give you an additional 10 cent off if you find it cheaper at another store/site.
Julie M.
N Tonawanda, NY
Hill's® Science Diet® Adult Sensitive Stomach and Skin uploaded by Julie M.
Purchased at: Chewy.com
I've been feeding my medium sized Shetland Sheepdogs Hill's Science Diet for four years. I feed them a mix of Sensitive Stomach and Perfect Weight varieties. I also give them the Hill's Science Diet light dog treats. They are very healthy and happy doggies. I'd definitely recommend.
Michelle G.
Fife
My service dog has been on this dog food since day one and she is 15yr-old now and her vet says she is in perfect health
Jamie T.
Boerne, TX
Hill's® Science Diet® Adult Sensitive Stomach and Skin uploaded by Jamie T.
This food has done wonders for both of my cats!! My cat with the white chest - Mini was always throwing up her food. I took her to the vet & was asked to try very expensive foods for cats with allergies. None of these worked. I came across Hill’s Science Diet for Sensitive Stomachs & skin. It was all my cat needed!!! She grew & thrived without any more stomach issues. Her coat is very soft & beautiful too. Then I got Chino from a shelter & her coat was in very poor condition. After several weeks on the diet she has a beautiful long super soft coat!! I’m so happy I found this & will always feed this to my cats!!!
Brittney C.
Purchased at: Chewy.com
We were recommended to this food after one of my dogs has a terrible rash outbreak caused by seasonal allergies. My other one has a sensitive stomach. It’s not ideal to feed them two separate foods since sometimes they eat each other’s food anyways. Once we made this switch they both have seemed to do really well with this food. The packaging is great too.
Ashley  P.
Tampa, FL
Our big boy has to eat this. We tried soooo many brands and nothing was working. Our vet recommended this brand and slowly introduced it to him. And finally something worked. We use the larger breed one not this one per say they do have it with larger kibble… it’s in chewy. He’s happy so we are too! He’s a large Rhodesian ridgeback so he needs the larger ones.
Amy M.
Wichita Falls, TX
We were giving my dogs a prescription dog food for their sensitive skin. It was super pricy. We ended up running out before Our new bag was delivered and headed to our nearest pet supply store and grabbed this. My dogs took to it really really well with zero issues, and we ended up switching to this food and saving a few bucks.
Devon T.
Fenton, MI
Purchased at: Amazon
Been using this brand for about 2 years now. Only dog food that doesn’t make my pup itch! Bear weighs about 50 lbs and the bigger kibbles were a little too much for him. Switched over to this, which had medium-sized kibbles and he loves it!
Debora P.
Hill's® Science Diet® Adult Sensitive Stomach and Skin uploaded by Debora P.
My dog loves this food. It really helped her sensitive skin. It’s reasonably priced, easy to find and comes in different bag sizes.
Kaylee H.
Boston, MA
Purchased at: Chewy.com
My dog has sensitive skin and a sensitive stomach. Science diet was recommended by our vets and we won’t use anything else. Don’t be tricked by the marketing gimmicks like high protein and grain free boutique foods. Go with a food that is studied to meet the nutritional needs for your beloved pet
Ask a question to the Influenster community...
Michelle G.
Fife
il y a 3 ans
Cassie K. il y a 3 ans
Science Diet dog food is one of the best for animals! Especially ones that need special foods.