Hill's® Prescription Diet® Metabolic Feline

by Hill's Pet Nutrition

Weight Management

I used this for my car but he just stayed the same. I really need him to lose weight!! What can I do?
Start your review of Hill's® Prescription Diet® Metabolic Feline!
Marlton, NJ
My cats are competitive eaters and got a little bit overweight and while this food did its job, I am not happy that it is so expensive and made with grain/corn gluten meal and byproducts.
Hill's® Prescription Diet® Metabolic Feline uploaded by Hunter Z.
My cat lost over 10 pounds in a year being on this food! as long as you feed according to the weight loss amount on the bag and don't free feed your cat they'll lose weight. this food has been such a blessing for me and my cat, she went from being obese at 22 pounds to being 10-11 pounds now! it's added years on to her life I'm sure and I'm so thankful for that. now if only they had a product for her extra skin!
Vancouver, WA
It can be challenging keeping my cats’ weight down since they live indoors. This is the food that their vet recommended and it works well for both cats, one of which has a sensitive stomach and the other one is prone to skin allergies. This is the only dry food cat brand that works for both cats while keeping their weight down.
Pembroke, MA
Hill's® Prescription Diet® Metabolic Feline uploaded by Lindsey B.
Helped my baby lose the weight the vet wanted and he loved it it is pricey as it is a prescription but Hill's® Prescription Diet® Metabolic Feline is worth it if you have a kitty that is over weight and needs to lose it just remember it doesn’t work overnight
Was recommended this for our cat to prevent him from getting diabetes. He weighed 17 lbs and they wanted to get him down. We were able to get him down two pounds. It doesn’t seem to be his favorite but he does eat it.
Denver, CO
My kitty loves these kibbles! I switched my 5 year old cat to Orijen because I wanted to give her the best food possible. She was raised by her former family on Cat Chow. When I got her she was already overweight but the vet told me that the richness of the Orijen might have caused her to gain even more. The vet prescribed her the Hill's Prescription Diet Metabolic food to help her get down from 17 lbs to her ideal 12 lbs. I am happy to report that it is working! She is down to 14 lbs after about a year. I would love to feed her a wet food diet but it is so expensive and she loves the kibbles. I am hoping that the progress continues and she lives a long and healthy life! In addition to the food I also bought her the CatIt food tree maze to help with speedy eating and I have also made sure to excercise her at least twice a day. I believe these are all contributing factors to the success of her weightloss, not just the food alone. -Side note: If you have a prescription from the vet then Chewy.com will ship the food to you once you verify it with them. It's cheaper through them online and super convenient!
Saint Louis, MO
This food has changed my poor kitty's life. I usually only use organic treats and food for my cat but when the vet said he needed this food I was devastated. He was so sick that I finally broke down and got it for him. I'm really grateful that I did switch into it because after a couple of weeks his life has changed completely it was like he was a new cat again so I highly recommend it. .
Grayson, GA
Hill's® Prescription Diet® Metabolic Feline uploaded by Jada E.
After a few months of wondering if this diet was really going to work for my 17 pound, overweight cat, I am happy to report that YES, it is working!! My vet prescribes it for our oldest cat, Gandalf, who is 5 years old and constantly hungry. We started in December, and FINALLY now in May, he's lost 1 and 1/2 pounds. Doesn't seem like a lot, but that's almost 10% of his previous body weight! We are definitely going to stick with this product until he loses another 2 pounds, and then we can re-evaluate. This product is a bit spendy at $40 for an 8 pound bag, but I recently did a B1G1F rebate, which was greatly appreciated!
Irondequoit
My older cat loves this! It has helped him lose about 2lbs and keep it off. I work in the field and think this an amazing brand.
Valdosta
This food really works wonders if your pet is struggling with weight issues, but you have to feed per directed to see results.