BY HIDING IN SUNSHINE

Living lives of quiet affluence in a historic, suburban Boston town, Gavin and Lisa Brinkley had no idea how quickly and decisively their lives, and those of their two young daughters, could be upended. A series of events - a mysterious break-in at their home, some menacing tailgating on the highway from Boston, a startling visit from an F.B.I. agent warning of an imminent kidnapping attempt - leads to the family's abrupt uprooting from its comfortable existence into a terrifying new existence on the run, under new identities. This taut thriller by a father-daughter team follows the eleven-year odyssey of an American family on the run, in hiding through the mountain states of the American west, where survival skills and living off the grid are paramount, but so are friendship, cooperation, and resilience. The enemy, always lurking just out of sight, is a foreign cyber-criminal enterprise that launches breathtaking assaults on the American banking system and physical infrastructure, but the Brinkleys also know that the threat is deeply personal, reaching ever closer to them from the shadows of the past. At the same time, Gavin and Lisa discover the perils of wandering too close to the edges of the dark side, in the murky world of cyber-security. A compelling story of suspense and treachery, HIDING IN SUNSHINE is also a celebration of a family's abiding love and courage -- and a young girl's faith in the triumph of the truth. see more...

Hiding in Sunshine by John Stuart & Caitlin Stuart
  • "I really enjoyed this book..as others have said, it started off a bit slow, but really picked up and I found could not put it down!" in 7 reviews
  • "I will say that the book started out a little slow, but once it takes off, hold on tight, because I couldn’t put it down!" in 7 reviews
  • "The suspense was there, I just wish it had been a little more well written in the beginning so that people wouldn’t have lost interest." in 5 reviews
Ana C.
Ana C.
I found this a little slow in the beginning with (almost) too many details; but I enjoyed getting to know the family. When everything is turned upside down it was very intriguing to read about how well they all dealt with their new identities. I did find that it was slow in the middle with lots and lots of details, and came to a very quick conclusion that was a little to easily wrapped up with explanations in the end.
Victoria O.
Victoria O.
Ypsilanti, MI
This novel was well written with great plots and twist. The novel kept me captivated the entire time. The story line was amazing and very easy to understand. Its a must read.
Chris P.
Chris P.
Lincoln, NE
At the beginning it was a little slow, but became an epic page turner. Reminds me of the adult version of Lois Duncans book "Don't Look Behind You!" I couldn't put it down, read it all night, but the second to the last chapter bummed me out, it was like they didn't know how to end their storyline, so they just cut it off abruptly.
Carla H.
Carla H.
Hot Springs, AR
This book completely sucked me in and I could not put it down... I can not explain how great this book really is!
Linette F.
Linette F.
La Verne, CA
I received this book from Influenster, and I am very grateful for the opportunity to review such a fun, exciting romp. Written by father-daughter duo John and Caitlin Stuart, this cyber-crime thriller is poignant, timely and so well written, I could re-read it right away! With details to spare and taking place in their geographical backyard, the little nuances of writing this close to home really shine through. With a twist at the end I didn’t see coming (and no, I won’t spoil it here!), I left this literary experience satisfied and ready for more! This Stuart duo did a bang up job, putting themes like identity theft, and bank fraud at the forefront of the narrative, something we all have had some type of experience with, unfortunately. But it’s a detail that means we can immediately identify with our protagonists. I will say that the book started out a little slow, but once it takes off, hold on tight, because I couldn’t put it down! Kidnapping, suspense, and evil foreign criminal enterprise, witness protection, technological armageddon…my goodness! There’s something for everyone here, and your doing yourself a disservice not picking this up.
Holli A.
Holli A.
Independence, MO
Starts off a little slow but is a really great read overall.
Christine R.
Christine R.
Mebane, NC
Sierra G.
Sierra G.
Big stone gap, VA
I was prepared not to like this book, but it was really good!! I thought it was exciting and the characters were likeable, but not perfect.
Cora B.
Cora B.
Auburn, WA
I really like this book - very suspenseful!
Richelle D.
Richelle D.
los banos, CA
This book sounds like a must read. an activity of events starts with a father and daughter from their house being broken into, tailgating on a highway in boston to fbi visit, causes them to go on the run and change their idenities, sending them on a thrilling adventure.
Kelly T.
Kelly T.
Central , SC
Who else had a hard time getting into this book at first? and then after a few chapters it became a lot better!
Nicole D.
Nicole D.
What made you read it??
Ashley K.
Ashley K.
Aliquippa , PA
Did you get Hiding in Sunshine from Influenster?
Janis J.
Janis J.
Horseheads, NY
Did you like this book?
Kayla O.
Kayla O.
Cabot, AR
What's your favorite part?