Hidden Figures (Blu-ray + Dvd + Digital) uploaded by Shannon B.

BY SONY

Hidden Figures (Blu-ray + Dvd + Digital) see more...

member-85606
member-85606
It was interesting watching my mother watch this movie. She grew up in the time these events were happening, but in a country where the rose-colored glasses about America were strong. This movie changed her. She had no idea that things in the US were this bad for people of color in a time when the US's cultural capital abraod was so strong -- the land of golden opportunities. It saddened and enraged her to learn more about American realities, and how they impact us today. It also changed how she feels about black people, which surprised me and makes me believe that anything is possible. She is much more aware of how others (and herself! as an immigrant) are treated in society now, and we talk about it often. I have watched it multiple times and find it enjoyable and enriching. Bravura film.
Shannon B.
Shannon B.
Lexington, SC
Absolutely phenomenal story and probably the most inspiring movie I've seen in a long time. I was captivated the whole time and extremely impressed with the casts' portrayal of such strong individuals. I only hate that I didn't take the time to see this in theaters! Kudos to those intelligent minds that changed the course of the United States and the actors that made it real for those of us who came from a different era.
Erin G.
Erin G.
Loved it.
Learning such an interesting part of space exploration and how so many women were able to make it happen all while having to show they are just as good as the men!

This is going to be a movie I will watch over and over again.
Jill H.
Jill H.
This is a wonderful movie, and was a great story originally. I love the way the story followed the characters without over-saturating them or romanticizing their struggles both as African-Americans and as women. It is very real, but also inspiring, my entire family loved this film, beautiful.