BY HERTZ #2 in Rental Car Companies

• I have family that is going to Florida in a month or so a...4 Answers
  • How are their prices?? Do they have good prices ?7 Answers
  • How do I sign up for the rewards program?13 Answers
Hertz
  • "I called customer service and 2 hours later after I had been transferred from about 10 people who listened to my story and the told me it wasn't their problem, I found someone who told me to get the car fixed and they would reimburse me." in 17 reviews
  • "One time the brakes on my rental car were not working right I took the car right back and got a new one and they also cage me $100.00 credit for my next rental." in 10 reviews
  • "My company's preferred rental company is Hertz, and so I've always rented from them and collected points." in 8 reviews
  • "Their service is great and you can pay an underage fee if you are under 21 to rent a vehicle, unlike other car rental services." in 5 reviews
Jason B.
Webster, MA
If I could give this company less than one star I would! We reserved a rental online that stated in the paperwork a certain price at pick up, this price was supposed to include the daily insurance and the daily EZPass charges. We get to the counter and it is told to us that they would be holding $200 more than the quoted price and also that the stated online price was going to be $200 more when we dropped the car off.... BUT WAIT THERES MORE

We wait around for another hour, because the car we reserved, they didnt bother making sure they had one available. So finally he tells us that someone dropped of a Yukon XL and that it would be ready in a few minutes. So we get the keys and head home. The next day we pick up our friends and embark on our trip only to find out, that the third row seating and all the back windows were covered with foot and shoe prints, and the arm rests and floor were covered in sand....... THERES MORE!!!!

Half way to our destination (A 9 hour drive from MA to VA) the oil light started coming on saying there was only 17% life left in the oil. SO WAIT, we tell the guy at the counter that we were using the vehicle for a road trip from Worcester, MA to Richmond, VA, and they didnt bother making sure that it would make it the whole way to VA? And then upon calling to find out what we could do to fix it, we were greeted with numerous people that not only wanted to talk down to us like we did something wrong, one lady actually thought it was cute to yell at me.

So never ever ever again will I rent from Hertz!
Olivia A.
Peralta , NM
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
Zero stars if I could. These idiots left me stranded in a city three hours away from home because their rental car was not properly maintained mechanically and it broke down on me... they left me to fend for myself in a creepy town without any guidance, assistance, or help on how to resolve the problem. They couldn’t offer me a tow till following morning and said “you’ll just have to wait till the AM”... then proceeded to tell me I might be too far out to get towed... I was scared and had nowhere to go. They didn’t care. I called and talked to over 10 people trying to get help and NO ONE offered any help or compassion to my situation. I could go on and on about how Hertz failed in all aspects of being a reliable car service. If your car breaks down or gives you problems, they will not help you. They don’t give a damn about you. When they ask “are you in a safe location?” When you call roadside assistance, I told them no and they didn’t have a response or a solution to me saying no. Then when I finally made it back home (no thanks to Hertz), and tried to get a refund on my rental that broke down three hours into my trip, they gave me such a hard time. I was in tears because of how terrible they treated me. I will NEVER EVER use hertz again nor will I ever recommend them to anyone. Do yourself a favor and use enterprise or budget for your car rental needs. I’m still haunted by my terrible experience with Hertz... I pray this never happens to anyone else. Like I said, use enterprise or budget...
Vanessa V.
Battle Creek, MI
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
I reserved a vehicle on 8/13/17, to be picked up at the OKC Airport around 11 am, for 4 adults and 2 children for $371.50. Two adults were flying in from JAX and the other 2 adults and 2 children were flying in from GRR. We were all supposed to arrive with 20 minutes of each other. The flight from GRR was cancelled, so I didn't pick up the vehicle but rather had my daughter and her family pick it up. They did not get into OKC until around 11 pm that night. Went to pick up the vehicle, it was very busy at the counter, with only one attendant that seemed to be more interested in telling my daughter how beautiful her children were and asking their ages, etc., which was very nice, but they were all exhausted with two small children, and in a strange place late at night.The attendant asked if they wanted insurance, and they asked how much, and she said that it was $89. Never in a million years did they think she meant "per day", because they would never had agreed to that. My daughter was charged $1,053.36 for the rental. Needless to say, we were furious! I called to discuss the situation, and they agreed to give her a credit of $308.78, again very nice, but we wound up paying twice the original amount. My daughter had never rented a car before, and I feel they were taken advantage of and misled. She was also charged $30+ for tolls, which she has disputed because they paid every toll they went through. I am very disappointed in Hertz, which, until now, I thought was a reputable company.
Candy H.
Las Vegas, NV
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
I recently rented a car from Hertz located inside the Rio Casino in Las Vegas. To say it was a pain would be a complete understatement. I paid almost twice as much as other places quoted, because it was supposedly going to be convenient as we were staying at that hotel. Boy was I wrong! They had no interest in making the drop off easy or convenient. I had to carry my baby, luggage etc across the entire casino because drop off is on the opposite side as the hertz desk. And when I picked up they informed me that I could drop off at valet near the desk. But when I arrived they said never mind because their guy left early and no one could help me. And to top it off they were extremely rude! I will never rent from them again!
Angela J.
Hendersonville
I enjoyed my rental with hertz. I’ve rented many vehicles and I was actually a little disappointed that I reserved the vehicle for when the location opened, but surprisingly the manager was not there yet to open the store. After speaking with an employee that works there I discovered this was not uncommon. His 30 minute delay threw off my whole timeline and set me back hours. I do not recommend this company. Another concern was the camera inside the car on the “Never Lost”. It made me feel uncomfortable like someone was watching me. I didn’t even ask for this device to be in the car but I was told it would be free. I’m suppose so they could monitor me. I felt very violated.
DèJánique H.
Albion
Prices vary; I say that because depending on who is working you may be not be charged one thing one time and then go back again and get the charges you haven’t gotten in the past. For example: rented a car 2 years ago wasn’t charged extra for having an underage driver, get a car earlier this year wasn’t charged for an underage driver, get a car couple months later was charged for underaged driver (same driver that’s been driving the other times), and finally rented from them again and had to jump through multiple hoops to not be charged an underage driver fee.
Sonya S.
Hertz is pretty good with rental cars. They usually have a good selection at reasonable rates. My main complaint would be regarding the adding a second driver option. Spouses, domestic partners, and coworkers are allowed to be added for free but children/parents are not. And the rate for adding other secondaries is not the same from state to state, which is due to legal reasons but finding out that information required a phone call and was not written phone anywhere (and most in person employees did not know about the existence of a state to state discrepancy).
Rebecca S.
Temple, TX
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
After using hurts twice in the past six months our experience was subpar. With her first experience we were told that it would be a luxury large sedan. While the car was a infinity it was a very small sedan with no room for two car seats and they were not willing to adjust the reservation for us. our second experience of hurts was very very poor is the first vehicle he received is incredibly dirty and had a smell to it. This was all after having to wait 45 minutes to an hour at the location when we were the only customers in the location for the car to be evidently clean which we don't believe it ever was and for them to figure out how to charge a card. We were required to have to bring it back on our own cost of gas the next day to exchange it and while the car that it was exchanged for was clean however the seals around the trunk and some of the doors were not properly sealed so if it had started raining I'm all of our items to get wet so we had to wait again in this location to get another vehicle where we were finally given a minivan that suited our needs however that whole process took two hours or so hours.
Jaimie H.
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
My experience with Hertz was an absolute nightmare. I traveled to seek post-graduate job opportunities and relied on Hertz to accommodate me. I booked online and assumed that everything had been taken care of. When I arrived from the airport, I learned that there was another $500 in fees to receive the car and I ended up losing money for weeks until they reimbursed a partial amount of what I originally paid!!! I ended up going to Enterprise and experienced MUCH better treatment and was taken care of. I will NEVER book with Hertz again.
Kirsten C.
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
I am a Hertz Presidents circle member, so I travelled and rented cars a lot from various places. I would give 5 stars but they are inconsistent with their service and overall, their customer service is pretty terrible. Even if you are at the top tier Hertz member. Airports are the best for rentals, big selection and cars are cleaned well. Local editions are very spotty and generally don't give good service or they get super busy and run out of cars. Always book ahead online, you'll get ripped off booking at the counter. And be careful of hidden fees and insurance add ons
Alana R.
Dallas, TX
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
Is Hertz worth the price?
natasha h.
Gladewater, TX
How was your experience with the representatives at Hertz?
Jennifer Z.
Spencer , IN
Globetrotter Expert Level 3
Has anyone earned a free rental with the rewards program?
Katelyn F.
Salem, WV
Worth the price?
Casey R.
Jackson, TN
How do I sign up for the rewards program?