Hershey's Sugar Free Semi-Sweet Baking Chips uploaded by Dana R.

BY HERSHEY'S #18 in Baking Chips & Bars

Perfect for Semi-Sweet Chocolate Recipes Enjoy the taste of hershey s chocolate chips in your favorite recipes, without the sugar. ~1-1/3 cups. see more...

Buy on Walmart
  • "The flavor of them was pretty good, but as a baker and using them for a specific task I was kind of disappointed that they didn't work the same way as regular chocolate chips when melted." in 2 reviews
  • "I would highly recommend if making sweet treats." in 1 review
Samantha F.
Samantha F.
Orem, UT
I was diagnosed with sugar intolerant and had to go off sugar all together. My advice is get 100% clean from sugar, takes about three months, then introduce the sugar free items. Just because they are sugar free doesn't mean you shouldn't treat them like any other sweet treat, moderation is the key. I love putting these in the freezer and having them as rewards here and there. Because they are sugar free you really can't eat a lot at one time because all sugar free items cause gas and tooting every where you go is no fun!

Sugar free treats taste great but only if you are 100% sugar free, I love the taste of these and love love love putting them on my pancakes, waffles, into my SF ice cream and of course chocolate chip cookies :)

I would highly recommend these and alway have at least 2 bags on hand for those chocolate emergency!!
Arnell H.
Arnell H.
Grand Blanc, MI
Foodie Expert
If you are trying to stay as low carb as possible but have a raging sweet tooth, like me, these are a great option. I think they taste great. I've melted them to make a dip for berries and I've put them in a low carb baking mix for chocolate chip muffins. I'm sure I will be expanding my low sugar chocolate chip repertoire because you really can use these as a replacement for the full sugar product.
Dana R.
Dana R.
N Tonawanda, NY
These chips are excellent for low carb baking or just for a snack. They taste very similar to regular semi-sweet chips, in my opinion. The Maltitol used to replace the sugar may cause some ill effects if you eat too many, so it's a great deterrent. :-)
BreAnne H.
BreAnne H.
Foodie Expert
These are great if you're on a no sugar diet! They are not perfect, but they are tasty in oat bran cookies or oat bran muffins!
Liseth C.
Liseth C.
I love Hershey's Semi-Sweet Sugar Free Baking Chips. I love their chocolates. Is very good. Very rich. If you would recommend
Kathleen S.
Kathleen S.
Attica, NY
These are great, and really, you can't tell the difference from the regular chocolate chips. They're not super sweet, but just right if you're looking for something to make for someone who can't handle a lot of sugar. Price is more, but you're paying for a 'specialty' item - so it's understandable.
Kimberly M.
Kimberly M.
Kalispell, MT
I love these chocolate chips. I love sweets and it's hard for my to say no. But with these making a good low sugar treat is so easy
Julie H.
Julie H.
P C Beach, FL
Foodie Expert
I love these! Our family uses these to add to our sugar free desserts! Perfect amount of sweet!!
Jean L.
Jean L.
Foodie Expert
If you can't do sugar, these are pretty good. No, they don't taste just like the real thing, but when you stop eating sugar, your tastes change and you get used to a different taste...and you will like these. One thing...thanks to the sugar alcohols, don't eat too many or you will find yourself in "gastric distress". Yes, gas or even trips to the bathroom!
✿celeste n.
✿celeste n.
Haines City, FL
Foodie Expert
These are absolutely delicious. They melt in your mouth and you can taste every chocolate chip.
Alondra F.
Alondra F.
Los Angeles, CA
Are this cookies good . ?
Amy Y.
Amy Y.
Shoal lake , Manitoba
Do they taste similar to the regular ones?
Melanie B.
Melanie B.
Cheektowaga, NY
Foodie Expert
Do these chips have the artificial flavor associated with other sugar free products?
Alison F.
Alison F.
Victoria , BC
Foodie Expert
Do they taste the same in cookies as the sugar ones do?