BY HERSHEY'S

Naturally unsweetened yet just as tasty as a Hershey's Milk Chocolate bar, Hershey's Cocoa is a great way to relax. Make yourself a cup, slip on something comfortable and curl up in front of the telly or with a good book. Bliss! see more...

• Hershey's Natural Unsweetened Cocoa . Is this good ?2 Answers
  • Powder or syrup, what's your fav?6 Answers
  • I love making me a cup of cocoa with this do you ?59 Answers
Hershey's Natural Unsweetened Cocoa
  • "I have used it to make homemade hot chocolate mix for gifts with fantastic results, and I have used it for several baked and non-baked recipes with no complaints. " in 24 reviews
  • "i love this i have been baking for years and when i need cocoa that's not strong i always use herdheys brand ice worked at many bakeries and they have used this As well " in 9 reviews
  • "Hershey is a really good chocolate brand it gives more flavors in baking such as chocolate cake and good for some hot chocolate in the winter" in 9 reviews
  • "I mix this with my brownie mix to get that extra chocolate taste and I love it when I make chocolate milk, and my son just loves it too." in 6 reviews
  • "I also use this when I butter a cake pan for chocolate cake, I dust the bottom of the cake with this so it is chocolate and not a white flower, blends in excellent. " in 5 reviews
Alex R.
Hockessin, DE
Environmentalist Expert
My moms made this for me since I was a little girl, and now I make it myself. I enjoy that it's unsweetened. It's way better for ones health opposed to the microwaveable packages with the little marshmallows. This has no unnecessary ingredients, and really reminds you of what cocoa is supposed to taste like.
The packages are pretty big, considering that you don't have to use much powder for each cups worth of cocoa.
I forget what real chocolate really tastes like until I try something more pure, like this cocoa.

Tip: add this to your coffee & cream. It will taste better than Starbucks.
Katy A.
Doral, FL
Environmentalist Expert
I make some pretty killer brownies, that always draw requests for the recipe whenever I make them. A little while back I tried making them with Hershey's Special Dark cocoa and it really pushed my brownies to a decadent level. Ever since I finished my last container, I've been scouring the local groceries in search of some more, and had just about giving up on ever finding it again. What a surprise to find it on Amazon--I'm thrilled!
Melissa T.
Atmore, AL
Environmentalist Expert
This had been a favorite since I was a kid and my mom used it! Now today, even with my kids grown and having kids of their own, I still use it! It doesn't matter what I'm doing with it, making hot chocolate or baking, the whole house smells amazing! I also love that's it's not overly sweet, just perfect! My grandson is only 15 months old, but as he is able to, my daughter will introduce him to this family tradition as well!
Neith J.
Hershey's Unsweetened Cocoa is such a classic! I remember having a school bake sale as a child when my mother was out of town... I quickly found a recipe for chocolate cake on the tub and gave it a whirl, decorated with powdered sugar through a doily and it was the most popular treat there! Moist and full of flavor! Now my own kids love experimenting with it for baking or homemade hot cocoa with a dash of vanilla!
Andrea B.
Blacksburg, VA
This is the only brand of cocoa I will buy. I've tried so many other brands of baking cocoa and they they all are coarse enough that they sink to the bottom of the mug very quickly, forming a gritty soup when I use them for hot cocoa. While Hershey's cocoa will sink to the bottom of the mug if left long enough, it is never gritty and stays suspended in the liquid much longer than other brands of cocoa.
Cherry O.
Bellflower, CA
Environmentalist Expert
I have used this natural unsweetened cocoa powder for baking chocolate cakes and cupcakes as well as for making hot cocoa. The recipe on the back for the chocolate cake is AMAZING! The only thing I would really like is that Hershey's start buying fair trade and sustainable cocoa beans. I would feel better and not have to want to buy another brand because this brand is not fair trade.
Julie N.
Tonawanda, NY
Hershey's cocoa is a staple in my house. Not only is it great for baking from scratch, but I will use it to give a add a little something extra to semi homemade items (frosting, ice cream). The unsweetened cocoa goes great in vanilla protein shakes as well. I had a brand that was not to friendly on the taste buds, and a spoonful of Hershey's cocoa made my shake a special treat!!
amber e.
South Gate, CA
I really like this product I like to mix this with caramel to make a caramel chocolate sauce for fruits like bananas apples raspberries Blackberries and any other fruit you can dip in chocolate sometimes you can find a good deal and It can be affordable I would recommend this to people who want to create different types of foods you don't have to be a chef to use this product
Sarah G.
We have this in our cabinet right now and I just used it to make some double chocolate oatmeal. I believe we got this on sale and I don't remember the price so sadly I can't speak for affordability in my area but this stuff is great for use anytime cocoa powder is called for in a recipe and I know we've used it for homemade hot chocolate/cocoa mix and it is delicious.
Rose C.
My go to recipe for the best five star award winning prize winning chocolate cake recipe is on the back of the Hersey's unsweetened Cocoa.
Don't need fancy ingredients, easy to make. I bake my cake in two 8 inch round pans and out my daughter in law's recipe for mascarpone frosting then top w fresh sweet strawberries!!!
Now we're talking !!!!
Kayla O.
Cabot, AR
What's your favorite item to make with this cocoa?
Joanna r.
Fort Worth, TX
Does it actually taste like cocoa?
Deborah A.
Is this for drinks only?
Stephanie J.
Ontario, OR
Is it good for baking?
Chellsie V.
What's your favorite recipe to use with this?