BY HERSHEY'S #4 in Baking Chips, Nuts & Bars

Mildly sweet and richly dark, these chocolate chips are perfect for when only decadent will do for your recipes and desserts. They're perfect for baking!

Sugar Chocolate Cocoa Butter Cocoa Processed With Alkali Milk Fat Contains 2% or Less of: Lecithin Natural Flavors Milk

Hershey's Dark Mildly Sweet Chocolate Chips
  • "I love baking with these chips, really I love baking with any of hersheys chips but dark chocolate are probably my favorite, especially when paired with their dark chocolate cocoa powder." in 3 reviews
  • "Being a dark chocolate lover, I enjoyed putting these in my dessert recipes such as brownies and chocolate chip cookies." in 3 reviews
  • "Being able to use these to make chocolate chip cookies is a dream come true." in 1 review
  • "This chocolate has a really good quality." in 1 review
Jaydie T.
Sioux Falls
Sweet Tooth Expert Level 1
These are my go-to chocolate chips. As a frequent baker, I love that these are affordable and easy to find. I prefer dark chocolate over any other, and other brands I've found to still be too sweet. I haven't tried the Ghirardelli ones yet, but I'm so attached to these! They melt perfect, they bake in perfect, and they taste perfect! They make killer ganache and add the best gooey taste to cookies and brownies.
Jennifer M.
Odessa, FL
Sweet Tooth Expert Level 3
Oh my! These are my favorite of all the morsels that you can buy on the market. They're super delicious I love dark chocolate it's the best for you and it tastes so good it adds to any recipe you add it to when you use it for muffins or chocolate chip cookies the taste of them brings out the deliciousness it's definitely worth it and you should so buy it
Amber C.
Jamestown, TN
Hershey’s Special Dark chocolate chips are a staple in my house, particularly during the holidays. Whenever I make a candy or baking recipe that calls for semi-sweet or milk chocolate, I substitute these chips. They have a slight bitterness like most dark chocolate, but they’re also much smoother. They make all candy taste rich and sweet. I’m very selective about the chocolate that I use because I think many brands and flavors taste like plastic. But not these. These chips elevate the flavor of everything I add them to.

They’re also perfect to snack on with almonds when you need an energy boost.

*I wrote this review as part of the #InfluensterEats #contest.*
Lauren A.
Mount Vernon, IA
Sweet Tooth Expert Level 2
These make some delicious cookies! If you’re a fan of dark chocolate these are a must for cookies. They have an amazing indulgent flavor that’s sweet and chocolaty and wonderful. And they’re so good to eat straight from the bag as well.
Brianna N.
Fort Worth, TX
Sweet Tooth Expert Level 1
I used these for the first time the other day when I decided to make chocolate chip cookies! They were actually a really good substitute. I traded out my normal chips for these special dark ones and I enjoys the flavor they added
d-nelle J.
Doylestown
i love baking with these. I'm not a fan of milk chocolate at all. absolutely love dark chocolate.

i use these in muffins & brownies. gives it an extra kick of flavor.

also like to eat straight out of the bag when I'm feeling rebellious (;
Caroline O.
Hershey’s dark chocolate is just gross. It tastes like wax and very cheap. Nestle chips are the same price and just so much better. I would rather have literally any other chocolate than these. Do not recommend.
Miranda V.
I love pretty much all of Hershey’s products I have ever tried. They never fail to disappoint! The chocolate is so creamy and soft and the flavors are always just perfect! Rite aid and CVS always have a great selection of Hershey and really good prices too!
Julie M.
Some of my favorites! I usually end up almost eating the whole bag while baking. They melt wonderfully in cookies and add a depth to frosting and cakes. You can find them in most grocery stores
Angel F.
Sweet Tooth Expert Level 2
My husband and I purchased a fondue set. We had it last year of thanksgiving and wanted to give it a try so we got this as to try with fruits and marshmallows, and it was okay. I love dark chocolates, but it didnt go well with the fruits as we were expecting it to be.
Jenni E.
Anaheim, CA
Where do you guys get this? I never seen it
Sajid J.
Is this taste sweet or sour?
Lyndsey K.
Vernon, AL
Does this work well for cookie making?
Rob K.
Staff
What is the difference between Hershey's special dark and their other chocolates? Do they source the cocoa from a different place or is it just a higher percentage of cocoa?
Jaime G.
Gilmanton, NH
Do these make a good Ganache?

back