Hershey's Baking Chips Sugar Free Dark Chocolate uploaded by Dana R.

BY HERSHEY'S #32 in Baking Chips, Nuts & Bars

Hershey's sugar free semi-sweet chocolate chips are a great way to get semi-sweet taste without the sugar! Make desserts & treats that everyone can enjoy.

Ingredient:

Maltitol, Chocolate Processed With Alkali*, Cocoa Butter, Contains 2% Or Less Of, Lecithin, Vanilla Extract, Milk

Hershey's Baking Chips Sugar Free Dark Chocolate
  • "The flavor of them was pretty good, but as a baker and using them for a specific task I was kind of disappointed that they didn't work the same way as regular chocolate chips when melted." in 2 reviews
  • "I would highly recommend if making sweet treats." in 1 review
Mary H.
Huntsville
I love the rich dark chocolate flavor this product has.  I use it in a lot of my baking recipes.  I am on the keto diet and this product allows me to stay on it.  It's reasonably priced and taste quality is the best.  I recommend it to all my friends and family members.
Samantha F.
Orem, UT
I was diagnosed with sugar intolerant and had to go off sugar all together. My advice is get 100% clean from sugar, takes about three months, then introduce the sugar free items. Just because they are sugar free doesn't mean you shouldn't treat them like any other sweet treat, moderation is the key. I love putting these in the freezer and having them as rewards here and there. Because they are sugar free you really can't eat a lot at one time because all sugar free items cause gas and tooting every where you go is no fun!

Sugar free treats taste great but only if you are 100% sugar free, I love the taste of these and love love love putting them on my pancakes, waffles, into my SF ice cream and of course chocolate chip cookies :)

I would highly recommend these and alway have at least 2 bags on hand for those chocolate emergency!!
Arnell H.
Grand Blanc, MI
If you are trying to stay as low carb as possible but have a raging sweet tooth, like me, these are a great option. I think they taste great. I've melted them to make a dip for berries and I've put them in a low carb baking mix for chocolate chip muffins. I'm sure I will be expanding my low sugar chocolate chip repertoire because you really can use these as a replacement for the full sugar product.
Jean L.
If you can't do sugar, these are pretty good. No, they don't taste just like the real thing, but when you stop eating sugar, your tastes change and you get used to a different taste...and you will like these. One thing...thanks to the sugar alcohols, don't eat too many or you will find yourself in "gastric distress". Yes, gas or even trips to the bathroom!
Persefani D.
Garland, TX
Used these to coat some vanilla sugar free cake balls and after I dipped them in the melted chips they didn't firm back up around the cake ball, even when it was cold. The flavor of them was pretty good, but as a baker and using them for a specific task I was kind of disappointed that they didn't work the same way as regular chocolate chips when melted.
Dana R.
N Tonawanda, NY
These chips are excellent for low carb baking or just for a snack. They taste very similar to regular semi-sweet chips, in my opinion. The Maltitol used to replace the sugar may cause some ill effects if you eat too many, so it's a great deterrent. :-)
Keri H.
Windsor , NY
Sweet Tooth Expert Level 1
Hershey's has yet to make a chocolate that doesn't please the taste buds. I love these for cookies or even chocolate chip pancakes. They have the good Hershey's flavor and mix well into what your making. Price is not to off the wall. All around great product.
Kathleen S.
Elma, NY
These are great, and really, you can't tell the difference from the regular chocolate chips. They're not super sweet, but just right if you're looking for something to make for someone who can't handle a lot of sugar. Price is more, but you're paying for a 'specialty' item - so it's understandable.
Alicia M.
WOONSOCKET, RI
If I am using Hershey's to bake I'm gping to use milk chocolate chips, but for a healthier/low sugar option these are good. Tastes just like a regular semi-sweet chip
Jasmine h.
I bake chocolate chip cookies with these all the time and they always come out delicious. They have the perfect taste because they are not super sweet. I would highly recommend if making sweet treats.
Alondra F.
Los Angeles, CA
Are this cookies good . ?
Amy Y.
Shoal lake , Manitoba
Do they taste similar to the regular ones?
Melanie B.
Cheektowaga, NY
Do these chips have the artificial flavor associated with other sugar free products?
Alison F.
Victoria, BC
Do they taste the same in cookies as the sugar ones do?