BY HEROES

Personnel: Bobby Terry (acoustic guitar, electric guitar); Buddy Cannon (acoustic guitar, background vocals); Lukas Nelson (electric guitar); Mike Johnson (steel guitar); Mickey Raphael (harmonica); Jim "Moose" Brown (piano, Hammond b-3 organ, Wurlitzer organ); Paul Shaffer (Hammond b-3 organ); Butch Carr (synthesizer); Steve Brewster, Tony Creasman (drums); Lance Miller, Kris Kristofferson, Melonie Cannon (background vocals).Audio Mixer: Butch Carr. Recording information: Big Gassed Studios; Blackbird Studios, Nashville, TN; Brewbeat Studio, Nashville, TN; Cannon Productions; DSR, Hollywood, CA; Eastwood Studios; Henson Studios, Hollywood, CA; Hicksville Studio; Merle Haggard's Talley Studio, Palo Cedro, CA; Ocean Way Hollywood; Pedernales Recording Studios, Austin, TX; Sound Emporium Recording Studios, Nashville, TN; The Moose Lodge; Vibe 56 Recording Studio. Photographers: David McClister; Frank Harkins. Returning to the Columbia/Sony family after nearly two decades away, Willie Nelson once again tries to be everything to everybody on 2012's Heroes, an appealingly misshapen collection of classics, contemporaries, and originals. Heroes - its title signifying no great concept - is roughly divided into quarters, with part of the album devoted to the Western swing and Texas country he's always loved to sing, part consisting of new songs from Willie, part originals from his son Lukas, and part covers of newer, rock-oriented tunes from the likes of Tom Waits, Eddie Vedder, and Chris Martin. Each of these categories is a bit hit-or-miss, either succumbing to cutesy novelty (the dope-smoking anthem "Roll Me Up and Smoke Me When I Die," complete with country cadences from a non-rapping Snoop Dogg) or laziness, and there's a wee bit too much Lukas Nelson scattered throughout the record, with the son of the father singing on no less than nine of the album's 14 songs. This can be too much of a strong spice, obscuring the overall flavor of the music, but Lukas contribut. see more...

• Have you seen the characters in this show in other series...3 Answers
Adam K.
Fall Branch, TN
1000 WOWS! Willie Nelson is an American treasure. This album showcasing his amazing heroes and duet partners is one of his finest works. This is a must have for the Willie Fan!
Angela S.
Pop Culture Expert Level 3
I loved Heroes! They really took the concept of superhuman abilities to a new level. There are only 4 seasons, which didn't tie everything up. It was cancelled and the talk of a series finale movie never happened. Heroes has to be watched from the very first episode. You have to or you'll get confused. There are many characters with their own story lines and back stories, and sometimes these lines intersect. And you never know what could happen because there are characters who can teleport...so watch from the very beginning.
Cassandra B.
Spring Hill, FL
This show is not unlike X-Men. Characters with special powers team up and try to decide how they should be handled. The characters are great and the story lines are really interesting. If you like X-Men you will like this. Season 1 and Season 4 are the strongest in my opinion as the middle seasons do a lot of messing with time travel that is confusing and boring. Overall this show is really compelling and very creative, and sometimes totally creepy. I loved it.
Lillian G.
I loved this show! By the time it came to an end it had gotten a little out of hand, but it was still good. This is a fun show - and perk: if you binge watch it you will probably start having dreams that you have super powers... I did at least, and they were some of the coolest dreams I've ever had!
I heard they are bringing back the show for 13 episodes - but it might not be the same characters or something like that .. so, we'll see. It could be cool!
Gladys A.
SAN FRANCISCO, CA
This show had so me potential until that season 1 finale and then I have no idea what happened. I don't think the writers knew what happened either. The first and second season are worth a watch. The third season went downhill and I don't remember the fourth one at all and I think they even went to a fifth. I think they did.
Claire B.
Corvallis, OR
The beginning of the show was pretty good - it felt interesting and new, but then once it got in a few seasons the plot became so jumbled. It is very difficult to follow what is going on, and a lot of the characters lost what I had liked about them. Just too much going on.
Paige S.
I'll be completely honest about Heroes; I lost interest after the second season. I really thought the show got cancelled. Maybe that show just isn't my cup of tea, but personally I really lost interest in the storyline and characters.
Heather N.
Burleson, TX
Heroes was one of my all time favorite shows, but it definitely took a strange turn & became hard to follow all the new story lines. I was disappointed in season 3 & stopped watching, but the first 2 seasons were excellent.
Sara R.
Port Arthur, TX
I loved this show. I couldn't get enough from the heros. It was a great script but some scenes where kinda out of place but overall it was awesome. Can't wait for them to come up with season 5 this year.
Jessica F.
Racine , WI
I just started watching this show on Netflix, Mostly because of Zachary Quinto, but I had watched the first episode when it first came on tv. I'm enjoying that there is so much background into each character. Its fascinating all the different powers people in this show have.
Carolyn G.
Huntersville, NC
Have you seen the characters in this show in other series or movies?