Hero Blackberry Preserve, 12oz

by Hero

All Natural Ingredients. No Preservatives. No Artificial Flavors or Colors. Product of Switzerland. Kosher.

No one has asked a question yet! Be the first!
+ Ask a question
Start your review of Hero Blackberry Preserve, 12oz!
Chuck
I want to agree with Chris T on the new jar/recipe for Hero preserves. They are now a classic jam instead. More sugar and less fruit. They used to taste like fruit. Now they taste like many of the other mass market jelly/jam products and are way too expensive for the current product quality.I have been a loyal customer of their products for many years (well over 10 or 15 years) and I have stopped purchasing their products because of the change.
Christina K.
Austin, TX
Purchased at: Safeway
Update: after trying other brands of jam after the change in sugar content, this is the best jam. Original: This is my husband favorite flavor of this jam. This brand is incredible, but I noticed in the last couple of months that the jar has changed. The original package the jam is incredible. The jam contained whole chucks of blackberries and then texture was wonderful. It was not too sweet, just perfect. BUT, the new jar seen here with this review, the jam has one extra gram of sugar. I know that is not much, but also the berries are almost nonexistent in the jam. My husband asked me if I was giving him grape jam with this toast in the morning. Hero is too expensive to be confused with cheap grape jelly. If you see the new bottle, the recipe has changed. I will not buy this anymore in the new jar. The picture shows the new jar of Blackberry jam versus old jar of red raspberry jam.

Looking for your answer?