BY HERBIVORE BOTANICALS #10 in Face Oil

A facial oil that provides balanced moisture without clogging pores. This facial oil offers balanced hydration to combination and oily skin. It also reduces redness and clarifies the complexion with the power of azulene-rich natural blue oils. It absorbs deeply and effectively into the skin without clogging pores for balanced overall hydration. It is formulated Without: - Parabens - Sulfates - Phthalates This product contains absolutely no artificial ingredients, fillers, alcohol, animal ingredients, fragrances, artificial colors, or unnatural preservatives. Each ingredient is included for a therapeutic reason. No animal testing is conducted on Herbivore's products or ingredients. see more...

• Has anyone used this and seen a significant impact on the...1 Answers
  • Is this product good for cystic acne and scarring? Thank...1 Answers
  • I haven't figured out when to use a facial oil. Is at nig...5 Answers
Buy on Sephora
  • "Love the packaging and scent of the product! A little goes a long way! Has an earthy fresh scent to it. Had really improved my over all skin tone! Great for combo/oily skin! Very hydrating, yet effective to reduce oiling and improved the appearance of redness ! Will repurchase! " in 28 reviews
  • "this brand has never done me wrong. it's natural and non-irritating to my acne rosacea, sensitive, dry skin. this oil in particular helps calm my skin in a way i have never seen before! i like using it alongside a traditional moisturizer for the added hydration. p.s. on their website they give discounts more frequently than the sephora website :)" in 18 reviews
Steph O.
Brooklyn, NY
Review for: Balancing more...
Lapis Oil is advertised be a solution for redness, blemishes, and acne. Before buying this product I read many reviews on it. A lot people swear by it, saying that it’s the only skincare product that was able to help them with their acne. With praises like that, I didn’t have to think too long before buying it. I used the product for more than a month, and during that time, I saw zero improvement in my skin. For the first 2-3 weeks, I used it day and night, but then I decided to use it at night only. My acne did not clear up. It was acting just as before, coming and going throughout the week. Judging by the pictures I took before and after using the oil, my skin looked worse after a month of using the oil. Few weeks ago, I stopped using it, and slowly but surely my skin started to clear up. It has not become crystal clear, but I don’t get as many breakouts as I used to while using the oil. Since this oil worked for so many people, I don’t think that that the problem is with the product. Probably something in it just doesn’t work with my skin. Make sure you always read carefully through the ingredients and search through a lot of review before buying this oil, or any other product in the market that seem to work for everyone.
Emily R.
Deer Park, IL
Review for: All Natural more...
I bought this because one of the main ingredients, Blue Tansy, is known for helping sooth and relieve skin of redness. And this certainly does! I love #Herbivore and their #allNatural ingredients because I know no matter what, I’m not going to be putting anything on my skin that really shouldn’t be there.
I like to use this at night as a last step in my Korean skin care routine. I use about 1-1 1/2 droppers full per application. It is an oil, so yes it does feel oily, but I have combination skin and have not had any breakouts due to this product.
I know some people complain about the smell but I think it’s beautiful!
The glass bottle with the deep blue oil inside looks beautiful displayed on my counter as well!
Frankie E.
Maplewood, MN
Ok
so lapis is the best face oil I’ve ever used.
I’ve spent a fortune trying different oils that don't irritate my sensitive, dry, hormonal
acne ridden, iritated
skin. This stuff is not greasy in the slightest and absorbs really
quickly. It
calms any redness I may have and I have experienced
far
fewer breakouts since beginning this regimen. Any pimples
that I do get now heal super quickly. I
love the use of squalane for skin miniaturization. It manages to
hydrate without feeling sticky or oily. I’m a huge fan of this
product and have been repurchasing for several years. Is it pricey?
Yes, it hurts my wallet every time I purchase. But to be honest, I
haven’t found ANYTHING on the market that compares to the results
this oil gives me. It actually works for my dry skin and prevents
breakouts before they even begin. For anyone with hormonal acne this
is a life-saving face oil.
Shermeen A.
Houston , TX
Current fave! I'm a huge fan of the Sunday Riley Luna night oil and came for realize blue tansy works well with my skin so once I ran out of it, I researched into the Lapis oil. The 1.7oz for $72 might seem a bit outrageous but a few drops are enough, plus you get double the amount for less compared to the Luna. It's a balancing oil if you tend to have tiny break outs or irritation. You can also use this during the day and night. It's been great for my skin during winter time because it gives me the perfect hydration my skin needs under my moisturizer and gives me a subtle dewy look without looking greasy. Highly recommend!
Tiffany Y.
Austin, TX
Review for: Balancing more...
I love the way this oil smells. I mix it in with my moisturizer in the morning to try to cut down my 10 step routine into a 3 step routine... I think it’s really great for skin that is somewhat inflamed, etc., although one thing I find kind of suspect about it is the fact that you can see the color change from deep blue to a lighter/greener color a couple of months after opening it. It still seems to work, and I like that herbivore doesn’t use too many preservatives in their products, but you should probably keep it in the fridge/use it up quickly to retain the potency that it has when you first open it.
Stephanie B.
Austin, TX
Review for: All Natural more...
I've been using this face oil for 2 weeks now and consider this a good value.  It's cleared up the healing acne that I had and kept new spots from forming.  It seems to be quite gentle to my sensitive skin.  This is my first time using this product but I have used other Herbivore face oils.  I will definitely be re-purchasing.  I only use it at night and on my full face (not eye area) I use other face oils for eyes and neck... But this is amazing and works perfectly on my sensitive combination skin.
Aqsa M.
Sugar Land, TX
Review for: Balancing, All Natural more...
Wow. I've been using it for about 2 weeks, as well as the Blue Tansy mask (also from Herbivore), and the two products together have completely changed my skin. My existing breakouts have cleared up, I haven't had a new blemish pop up since I started using them, and some of the hyper pigmentation from past breakouts has even started fading. The Lapis oil is pricey, but worth every penny. This will be a permanent part of my skincare routine.
Thalita B.
Sultan, WA
This product is a complete game changer and I can’t say enough great things about it. Let me just say it is pricey, but totally worth it! I’ve used it for about 30 days now and I’m so happy with it. The results are immediate. After just one use I could tell my skin was glowing, hydrated, rejuvenated and the natural oils seemed more balanced than ever. My skin has great bounce and looks super healthy! I totally love this product.
Laura B.
Review for: Balancing more...
Best. Oil. Ever. I always used cream moisturizers then one I turned to gel, never looked back. Then I got this, but you know the one that comes with the blue tansy mask. So it went quickly. After using this oil as my moisturizer now I will never look back to gel. It left my skin beautifully moisturized. The price sets me back from getting it but as soon as I have the means I’m going straight to Sephora to pick one up.
Kaitlyn B.
Review for: Balancing, All Natural more...
There is at least one dupe of this (Acure Blue Tansy Oil) that has exactly the same ingredients in the same order. For some inexplicable reason though, the Herbivore one is so much better. I use both, but the Lapis oil sinks in immediately, is instantly soothing and doesn't leave me looking like a greaseball. I love the slight scent and the bottle is beautiful. This is always on my shelf.
Tina L.
Worthville, KY
I haven't figured out when to use a facial oil. Is at night instead of a night cream or in the morning or whenever?
Maricarmen R.
Astoria, NY
Can this replace a night moisturizer? If not then does it go before or after a moisturizer?
Kayla C.
Los Angeles, CA
Has anyone with really sensitive skin tried out this oil? I'd love to try but feeling a little weary about breaking out with my sensitive skin.
I'm looking for an oil for my super oily skin! I really like the blue Tansy face mask, and I was wondering if this is ok to use in conjuction with this!
Teagan S.
Vancouver, BC
Is Herbivore Lapis Oil Balancing Facial Oil 1.7 oz good for people with combination skin? I'm worried an oil might make my oily spots go out of control.