Lapis Lazuli, a favorite stone of ancient Egypt, is known for its gorgeous deep blue color. Lapis Facial Oil is named for the precious blue oil it contains, Blue Tansy. This oil holds a component called Azulene which aids in soothing dry irritated skin, reducing appearance of redness and balancing skin. Formulated for combination, oily, and blemish-prone skin types or any skin in need of balancing hydration.

Facial Oil for Oily Skin? Often times when we over-wash our skin and do not moisturize thoroughly, it overcompensates by producing more oil and sebum leading to oilier skin and clogged pores. Our facial oils are made with truly natural plant oils that will thoroughly hydrate your skin without clogging pores so that it can stop producing excess oil and find the balance it needs. In short, yes, oily skin needs moisture too and is often dehydrated, leading to dry patches and the overcompensation of oil and sebum.

Concentrated Moisture.

In contrast to traditional cream moisturizers and lotions, which tend to be high in water and emulsifying agents but low in effective ingredients, our facial oils contain no fillers and are formulated with only truly natural ingredients. They absorb easily to get moisture, vitamins, fatty acids, and antioxidants into your skin. Additionally, they form a natural barrier to lock moisture in.

Truly Natural. Vegan. Cruelty Free.

Herbivore products are truly natural, vegan, and cruelty-free. They contain no synthetic ingredients— this includes no dyes, no fragrances, and no synthetic preservatives. Additionally, they are concentrated blends containing no fillers and using the minimum amount of ingredients necessary to achieve the maximum results.

Directions: Apply 3–10 drops to cleansed and toned skin morning and night. Massage in and allow to absorb for 1–3 minutes before applying makeup. Store at room temperature and out of direct sunlight.

Due to natural ingredients, color of oil may vary.

1.7 oz | 50 mL glass bottle with dropper

K E Y   I N G R E D I E N T S

Blue Tansy: High in Azulene, which is a deep, inky-blue color naturally. Azulene helps to soothe dry irritated skin, reduce appearance of redness and balance oily skin.

Kukui Nut Oil: Naturally high in linoleic acid to balance oily and combination skin. Absorbs quickly into skin for hydration and nourishment at a deep level.

Jojoba Oil: Jojoba is an incredible natural moisturizer and is able to penetrate deeply into the skin due to similarities to our skin's own natural sebum.

Squalane: Our Squalane is derived from olives. Squalane has excellent emollient properties and acts as a light protective barrier to lock moisture in the skin. It also protects the skin against appearance of hyper-pigmentation and premature aging.

Jasmine Sambac Oil: Comes from the night blooming variety of Jasmine. It is a sweet and exquisite oil that has been used in skincare and perfumery for centuries with good reason — the scent is intoxicating and the oil itself works to increase the skin's moisture content and boost elasticity.

Full List of Ingredients:  Olive Squalane Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Capric Triglycerides (Fractionated Coconut Oil), Aleurites Moluccana (Kukui) Nut Oil, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Tanacetum annuum (Blue Tansy) Leaf Oil, Jasminum Sambac (Jasmine) Absolute, Rosa Damascena (Moroccan Rose) Absolute

*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

What is the best face oil for oily skin?
Is this worth the price? I'm curious about it!
Start your review of Herbivore Botanicals Lapis Facial Oil!
How would you rate this product?
Product Highlights
“...really improved my over all skin tone! Great for combo/oily skin! Very hydrating, yet effective to reduce oiling and improved the appearance of redness ! Will repurchase! ” in 28 reviews
“this brand has never done me wrong. it's natural and non-irritating to my acne rosacea, sensitive, dry skin. this oil in particular helps calm my skin in a way i have never seen before! i like using it alongside a traditional moisturizer for the added hydration. p.s. on their website they give discounts more frequently than the sephora website :)” in 18 reviews
Louisville
I love this lightweight facial oil! This lapis version is anti bacterial, which is good for my more acne prone skin. It sinks right in and really gets the job done for moisturizing. I put some in my hands and just pat it onto my face, neck, and chest. I love to wear it under makeup to get a dewier look.
Atlanta, GA
Purchased at: Sephora
This oil is perfection. My main skin concern is redness and this oil tackles it like no other. Not only is my redness almost gone, my reactive skin is left deeply calmed. I am in my mid 30s and have felt fine leaving the house bare faced after using this. It also works beautifully under makeup! Win win.
Sioux Falls
Oily people rejoice because this is the oil for you. It is a miracle in a blue disguise the likes of which I have never encountered. The blue tansy in this is something everyone should have In their routine if you deal with oiliness, acne, redness, or inflammation. It is a life saver.
Warren, RI
Love this oil. I add 3 drops to my night moisturizer. I feel like it has helped a lot with clearing up my skin and improving my hormonal acne.  It absorbs very quickly into the skin and a little goes a long way.  I would highly recommend if you are prone to acne.
Olney, MD
Purchased at: Sephora
I’m conflicted. I love facial oils (I have combination-oily skin) and I struggle with acne. I can’t stand the smell of this product, it’s so strong. However, I do feel like it’s effective as a spot treatment. I’ll continue to use what I have but I’m not sure if I’ll repurchase.
Eudora, KS
I love this oil for my sensitive, bump prone skin. It calms bumps in just a day or two. I do not like it for daily use as it's a heavier oil than i prefer to put on my face, particularly under makeup. I would recommend it, but if your skin tends to be oily, use it sparingly.
Los Angeles, CA
I love this oil! It took me a while to try this because I had a bad experience with some face oils in the past but I fell in love with this one. The smell is divine and it goes on smoothly and your face feels great after! This oil calms my skin and gives me a glow!
Memphis, TN
This oil is pricey, but lasts a few months. I Lee ally like the dropper and the glass jar! The smell of this particular oil is ahhhhmazinggg. You just instantly feel refreshed after applying to your face! I love that it helps balance oil and moisture as well
Falls Church, VA
I am 100% in love with this Lapis facial oil! It works amazingly when paired with the Herbivore Blue Tansy AHA + BHA Resurfacing Clarity Mask! I use the mask 2 times per week and apply the oil almost daily. The oils are a fantastic value because you only need to apply a small amount for it to cover your entire face. I love seeing my pores tighten and acne fade away with the use of these products. I cannot recommend them enough, get out there and buy Herbivore!
Jonesborough
Got a little sample of this when I bought the prism mask and even though the sample was tiny it was enough for me to decide I needed a big bottle. Makes my face feel amazing and I like the smell too. Plus it feels so good to put it on after thier mask.
Ask a question to the Influenster community...