BY HERBAL ESSENCES #43 in Hair Gel

It's scrunch time! Herbal Essences Totally Twisted Curl Scrunching Gel for curly hair tames frizz, frees your waves, and locks in those spiraling, weightless curls you've always wanted. Herbal Essences Totally Twisted Curl Scrunching Gel:

• Scrunching curl enhancing gel that helps keep curls in place
  • Gel for curly hair scented with Mixed Berry essences
  • High on hold, not on stickiness
  • Locks in waves and curls with no frizz.
  • Level 3 hold strong
  • One 6 fl oz bottle

Ingredients :

Water/Eau, Pvp, Laureth-23, Fragrance/Parfum, Vp/Dimethylaminoethyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Triisopropanolamine, Carbomer, Peg-12 Dimethicone, Methylparaben, Dmdm Hydantoin, Propylparaben, Disodium Edta

Shanda H.
This stuff makes your hair hold curl, but it makes it crunchy if you use too much. I love the smell, it smells fruity and girly. I used to use this when I was younger for my hard to curl hair. I’d put a big ol glob in and call it a day. It held my curl, but it didn’t look natural at all. Haha. It might work for those who have curly hair and only need a small amount of product. It’ll definitely hold up and help with frizz.
Krystal S.
Howell, NJ
I like this gel. I don't use it all the time. But when I want to scrunch my hair, this is what I like to use. It's one of those gels that make your hair hard. The smell is fine and the price is fine. If you need a gel that is flexible, this is not the gel for you. It has a strong hold and stays hard.
Taylor G.
London, OH
I’ve switch back and forth between this hair gel and that hair mousse but this gel seems to be the best drug store gel I have found and worked with my hair. Only thing is that it will sometimes get crunchy if you accidentally use to much and then the hair will tangle.
Meghan L.
Lynchburg, VA
It is not entirely awful nor excellent. I'd say that if I'm completely out of my normal product and this was laying around, I wouldn't complain about using it.

I am not crazy about the texture of my hair after applying. It is definitely more of a crunchy/sticky sort of feel. Though, it definitely keeps your curls locked! I feel like using my diffuser helps with the crunch, making it more soft.

It gives my hair freedom to be voluminous. It holds curl. I just don't like how sticky it is.
Mckayla B.
This hair gel is everything you could ask in a gel. It’s very cheap and easy to find at your local drug store. I always get mine at Walmart when shopping for groceries. It is easy to apply I just apply mine with my fingers but you can use a brush as well.
Bailey B.
Marshfield, MO
Holds my waves all day and smells great for a hair gel. It does a ‘crunch’ if you add too much. I find it drys my hair out just a little but nothing a good conditioner can’t fix. It also does a good job keeping my sons very short hair in place all day.
Whitley B.
Idaho Falls, ID
This stuff is okay. You have to be careful that you don't use too much or it gets crunchy REALLY fast and makes my hair look greasy. But if you use a smaller amount, while your hair is still wet, it does the trick. And it's cheap.
Brynn T.
Seattle, WA
My favorite product for enhancing curls. After I braid my hair overnight, I apply this by scrunching it into my hair. The trick is to only use a little so it doesn't become crunchy when it dries.
Autumn L.
Temecula, CA
I don’t think hair gel is good. But this guys pretty fine if you mix it with the leave in conditioner it gives your hair some bounce and hold it specially if you’re in the south and it’s humid
Jenna K.
Hollywood, FL
I have curly, thick, frizzy hair and unfortunately this product did nothing for me. It felt extremely sticky, but when it dried it was as if i put nothing in my hair. I also found the smell way too overpowering and actually nauseating. I returned this product and purchased my HG garnier clean gel instead.
Whitney C.
I am looking for hair gel that doesn't flake. Will my hair get flakey with this product.
Nicole B.
Copley , OH
If I have straights hair will this make my hair more wavy? or can girls with curly hair only use it?