BY HERBAL ESSENCES #5 in Curl Enhancing

Be a Bouncing Babe Become a Shapeshifter.  The Power to Create Looks in Minutes. Boosting mousse gives curls and waves a lush boost. Helps keep humidity out of your hair. Formula fused with wild cherry twist and jewel orchid. Makes hair shiny and springy Totally Twisted s curly hair mousse will help keep humidity out of your hair and give curls and waves a lush boost.  The twist? It makes your hair shiny and springy with a weightless formula fused with wild cherry twist and jewel orchid extracts. see more...

• Do you feel like the mousse makes your hair as curly as the other...2 Answers
  • Is this product tested on animals2 Answers
  • Is this good to use in Damp hair before drying/curling? 2 Answers
Lauren C.
Lauren C.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I received a free sample of this in the Herbal Essences: Totally Twisted voxbox and was hoping this would help make my frizzy, wavy hair a little more curly and tamed. Actually make it look like I did something to it, you know? Normally Herbal Essences products work really well for me, so I was pretty confident this would work. After several attempts at different approaches, I found the only way that it would do something for me was if I scrunched while blow drying. Not a big deal, but time consuming for someone who just wants to wash & go. My hair ended up with big, soft, lovely curls though. I loved it and decided I could totally justify the extra work if my hair was going to look this good. Unfortunately, they were completely gone when I woke up in the morning. I was disappointed, but tried another method I saw online and have tried several times with poodle- like results... pin curls!

It sort of worked when I pin curled my hair. I say sort of, because the curls are definitely less poofy, which is a HUGE win, however, they're much heavier than usual and are already falling flat on me half way through the day.

Overall, this would be great for people who shower in the morning, or already have naturally curly hair and are looking for a way to tame the frizz. Otherwise, I'd recommend passing.
Caroline R.
Caroline R.
Cullowhee, NC
This stuff doesn't just LOOK cool, but it works wonders. This hair product is literally magic. Herbal Essences Totally Twisted Curl Boosting Mousse helps me to get just the right curls I want. It's sort of an airy-feeling mousse. I use it to help sculpt my curls and get them looking RIGHT. You can user it to shape and style your hair as well. But this doesn't feel like your normal mousse that you find- it doesn't leave that dried glue-like texture, but it actually makes me hair silky and smooth. I really though, would only recommend this for girls with curly hair who want to add some OOMF to their hair. I typically apply this product to my hands and them run it through my wet hair when I get out of the shower. Then I just let my hair air dry and the product does its magic. It works very well and makes my hair look AMAZING. Not only does it work really well, it also smells REALLY good. It smells of fresh berries and vanilla. Seriously, try this product. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT!
Mayra R.
Mayra R.
I don't really use mousse but I've tried the Garnier product like this and this works just as well with similar price points. I have natural curly hair (3c/4a, if you go by that) and I found the product did work as it says. Scrunch it into your hair and my curls are back in business. I didn't notice any weird or strong scents so that's perfect if you're sensitive to that like me. What I will say though is not to use too much. When I did I got the level 3 hold they referred to on the bottle, which made for crunchy curls and that's not what you want. So a little goes a long way. It helps if your hair is damp so spritz it first so you don't use as much and apply some oil after too. Overall the product performs well and it's cheap too. I actually got a few free with coupons and a gift card deal at Target, which comes around often.
Bailey P.
Bailey P.
Sarasota, FL
My hair has always been super complicated. I spent a good 4 years of my life straitening every day because I could not find a product that would tame my hair. Until I found this. For the last 5 years, I have showered every morning and put this product in my hair and I let it air dry. It gives me nice natural waves just like my hair is supposed to be. This product changed everything for me.. Love it! It doesn't make my hair greasy at all and I get compliments on hair my hair smells all the time. When air drying, it have make your hair feel a little like straw at first, but this is easy to get rid of by just messing with your hair a little and softening them out.
Melody K.
Melody K.
Roy , UT
Beauty Junkie Expert
I got this in my influenster voxbox for testing purposes only. First thing I have to say is that it smells wonderful, a smell that anyone could fall in love with. Second it made my hair look amazing & feel amazing. It didn't dry my hair out like most curly haired products would. The size of this is great because it could last forever. I have thick curly hair & it helped the curls so much more. The one thing I didn't like so much was how it was kinda hard to get the mousse out, I had to press it down a bit hard to get it come out, but other than that it's amazing. I also had to shake it before using to make sure it was going to come out good.
sherley l.
sherley l.
JAMAICA, NY
So this mousse isn't all that bad but want so good either. This was my first Time using mousse in my hair and I followed the instructions except for using a diffuser. My hair became somewhat stiff but moveable and my curls lasted all day. But the next morning, I had to already water onto my hair to get it to move around and not matte to my head. This probably happened since it was like 90 something degrees when I put it in so the humidity wasn't very friendly to me. All in all, I believe this product would be best used if in the winter or fall seasons. I received this product complimentary from Influenster for testing purposes.
K K.
K K.
Stockton, CA
HONESTLY THE BEST THING I EVER TRIED FOR MY HAIR. I have curly but not the type where it's extremely curly but it's curly like really defined curls if that makes any sense. But what I do with this product is put some in my hand and add some hair oil like anyone you like and my hair becomes Fabulous and voluminous. I let it air dry or blow dry it depending on what you like or how much time you have. This product will boost up your curls and get so much compliments. If u don't like the hardness when it dries like I said just add oil. Trust me you would love to add this to your hair routine👍
Cheyanne T.
Cheyanne T.
Mathis, TX
Beauty Junkie Expert
Love love love! I live in a very humid area and this hold up great I use it right after the shower to bring my curls more life it smells so good and my curls stay all day with this and I like the fact I don't feel like I have product in my hair my hair is still nice and soft instead of feeling hard and crunchy like some products do I am very happy with this product definitely one I'll buy again and again
Lisa P.
Lisa P.
N Salt Lake, UT
Both my daughter and I have curly hair, and I have used this product on both of us. It does a great job defining the curls for my daughter without weighing them down. We just use the mousse and a spritz of hairspray, and she is good to go! For my hair, this doesn't work well enough on its own. If I use it in conjunction with other hair products, I can get a good, natural curl that lasts without frizz.
Melissa M.
Melissa M.
Fresno, CA
I love all Herbal Essence products. They seem to work really well with my hair. Since I have naturally curly hair, I love this mousse to help my hair look like salon curls instead of a frizzy tangled mess. If I'm not careful, it can make my hair crunchy. So, be careful how much you use. Too much, and it will sound like you eating chips when you touch your hair. I still highly recommend this product!
EMMY L.
EMMY L.
Beauty Junkie Expert
My hair is naturally curly. I like to put mousse in and run in the morning. I hate the crunch though. Does this make your hair crunchy?
Sandra S.
Sandra S.
Looking for a good product that can hold my curls but can look natural. Would this leave my hair with that 'stiff' texture?
Shakira P.
Shakira P.
Miami Gardens, FL
My hair is super frizzy and dry and curly. its actually gotten kinda wavy because how dry my hair is. Do you think will do?
Kristen M.
Kristen M.
Cheektowaga, NY
Beauty Junkie Expert
Will this product make my curls feel stiff or crunchy or does it create soft curls?
Tamera C.
Tamera C.
Uppr Marlboro, MD
Does this product work on dry hair as well as wet hair?