BY HERBAL ESSENCES #5 in Shampoo

Your hair, unlike pickup artists, can never be too smooth.

WHAT:

A silicone-free shampoo that cleans hair to reveal naturally soft and smooth hair.

WHO:

All girls looking for smooth and soft hair.

WHEN:

Whenever you wash.

HOW:

Lather in, rinse, and follow with Smooth Collection Conditioner.

SMELLS LIKE:

Botanical bliss.

• Do you think Herbal Essence is the best scented shampoo for both gi...3 Answers
  • Lo quiero! Ya aquí en Venezuela no lo he visto má...Be the first to answer!
  • I have heard this shampoo is very good and makes ur hair smell amazein4 Answers
Natalie A.
Natalie A.
Beauty Junkie Expert
This is such a tbt to my childhood! I used to love this packaging when I was a kid, and they brought it back! This is my favorite line of Herbal Essences because it is free of silicone, and my scalp usually has a bad reaction to any shampoos with that or sulfate. Luckily this is one of the few shampoos that I can use that won't make my scalp itchy and flaky afterwards (that happens because of the chemicals in it that affect my scalp). The fact that this smells like roses is a plus because I'll buy anything rose-scented. And this really is a "smooth collection", which you can tell particularly with the conditioner. I mean, wow, I've never used a conditioner that leaves my hair SO SOFT and SMOOTH. It's incredible. I have relatively normal healthy hair, and I can tell the difference in texture when I use this conditioner versus another. This is the only collection I have repeatedly repurchased because it's just that good. Also: the shampoo builds up a good lather in your hair, which I also love. Would highly recommend!
Lauren C.
Lauren C.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Absolutely loved this. I received one of those little sample envelops of it from... I can't honestly remember where, so I brought it with me last time I traveled. My biggest fear was that, because of the scent, I'd end up smelling like an old lady's bottle of perfume. That was definitely NOT the case. It smelled wonderful. I'm not sure who enjoyed the scent more, me or my boyfriend. Anyway, I love what this did for my hair. It was so shiny without looking greasy or oily, and my hair felt SO light! I have very thick hair and, even with it short now, I still feel like it weighs a ton. The movement I had with this was great though. I think I may just investigate getting a full bottle of it and see what happens.
kathygraves
kathygraves
I have bad thick wavy hair that tends to frizz without the right hair products or lay limp with too much conditioning. So many silicones in so many hair products. Even the natural hair products leave my hair bewildered. I have thrown away so many shampoos but not this one. I'm almost halfway through a huge bottle and I am still liking it.

This shampoo, though, is wonderful. I didn't leave my hair perfectly smooth but it isn't the fault of the product. It can only undo so much of what is a naturally wild head of hair. A good value with quality ingredients, like jojoba. It doesn't build up or dry my hair out further which I appreciate.
Ashton B.
Ashton B.
Partille, ['', '', '']
Beauty Junkie Expert
To start off with!!! I lOOVVVEEE this shampoo! It leaves no residue and it makes my hair feel soft and smell freaking amazing every time! I have fine baby hair that tends to get oily and it takes it up to three days with this shampoo for my hair to get oily! I have been using it since I was 10 and I am 23 now! When it went off the market a few years I literally cried and now that it is back it is all that I buy! I stock up on the large bottles because I am so afraid it will leave again! Please don't make it go away! I freaking love this shampoo so much!
Brittany W.
Brittany W.
Panton Vermont
Beauty Junkie Expert
Oh how I love this product. Wondering why I gave it only 3 stars then? Well the reality is it made my hair seem thin. Coming from a girl who has had thick hair all her life it was a big issue for me. I love the original though so much. This stuff smells AMAZING and it did make my hair super soft and smooth. It is a great shampoo if you don't really care too much about the texture of your hair and I of course will use the rest of this product. It was so worth the money and there is a possibility I will buy this product again.
Nina R.
Nina R.
Beauty Junkie Expert
This stuff smells amazing. Such a beautiful scent that actually lasts on my hair even the next day. I swear nothing is better than turning your head and getting a whiff of the beautiful fresh, slightly floral scent. It definitely makes my hair smooth and silky. Perfect to keep in my rotation for days I especially want my hair to be smooth and scented I don't recommend it for everyday use because it started to weigh my hair down. But in a rotation with another shampoo it works perfectly.
evelise n.
evelise n.
This was my very first herbal essence shampoo and conditioner. I absolutely love this so much, it doesn't dry out my hair because it doesn't have sulfate in it like most shampoos. I would most definitely buy this again once my bottle finishes. This also tames out frizzy hair for all you curly haired girls out there, but you also have to have a good hair care routine that works out well for your hair. If you have curly hair just moisturize more, I personally love using coconut oil.
Katie C.
Katie C.
This is the shampoo of my childhood and there has never been a moment where I have regretted using this shampoo. The smell is amazing and there have been plenty of times when people have taken the time to say wow someone smells nice and smelled my hair. The as a shampoo this does great for smoothing and cleaning. The only thing that makes me a bit sad is that it has sulfates in it so I have steered clear away from it because I dye my hair and I want my color to last longer.
stephanie s.
stephanie s.
Shelby, OH
My mom bought this for me when I was younger and always enjoyed the sell of it and how soft it left my hair. I swear I could go 3 days without washing it and my hair would still be just as soft and smell just as good as the day I washed it. It is pretty pricey for the size of bottle you get..it's absolutely worth it if you have the money to spend on it but I prefer something cheaper. Get this Shampoo and the conditioner if you can afford it...You will NOT be disappointed.
Sara H.
Sara H.
Pinetops, NC
I absolutely LOVEEEEEEE this product! Unfortunately, when I went to the store all they had was the conditioner, so I have to find the shampoo. It smells so good, by far my all time favorite! I have naturally curly hair so every time I wash my hair, it's a nightmare brushing it out. But once I used the conditioner, it was so easy. It makes your hair soooo soft. It also accents my curls and my waves without giving me frizz. Couldn't ask for a better product!
Denisse V.
Denisse V.
Do you like the scent of this shampoo ?
stephanie o.
stephanie o.
Hummelstown, PA
Would you recommend this over pantene
Alejandra c.
Alejandra c.
Does this shampoo make your hair fall out?
laura m.
laura m.
Long Beach, CA
I keep passing buy these in store but not really sure if they are a good product to use..are they worth the money ?
Maria V.
Maria V.
Winston salem, NC
Beauty Junkie Expert
what can you say about the smell?