BY HERBAL ESSENCES #83 in Shampoo

Gently Cleanse for Balanced Hydration

Herbal Essences Naked Moisture Rosemary & Herbs Shampoo is a moisturizing shampoo specifically crafted with naturally inspired ingredients to lightly cleanse and rejuvenate hair using a silicone-free formula.

• Crafted with bio:renew, a signature blend of essential antioxidants, aloe and sea kelp
  • Herbal Essences NAKED Rosemary & Herbs Conditioner with bio:renew brings your hair back to life in just 21 days
  • NAKED Moisture Rosemary & Herbs Shampoo has 0% parabens, gluten and colorants
  • Shampoo that is color safe and provides moisture
  • Experience the multi-layered scents of infused herbs, clean mint and sandalwood with Herbal Essences NAKED Rosemary & Herbs Conditioner
  • For more stunning hair, use NAKED Moisture Rosemary & Herbs Conditioner with bio:renew

Ingrédients :

Water/Eau, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Sodium Chloride, Fragrance/Parfum, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Oil, Menthol, Mentha Arvensis Leaf Oil, Histidine, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Ecklonia Radiata Extract, Sodium Citrate, Sodium Xylenesulfonate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Benzoate, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Citric Acid, Tetrasodium Edta, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone.

• [product:herbal-essences-bio:renew-soft-control-creme-gel] does t...3 Answers
  • Good for oily hair?7 Answers
  • What type of hair is this good for?5 Answers
Buy on ULTA
Tabitha D.
I received the Herbal Essences naked moisture rosemary & herbs shampoo from influenster to test out. First my hair is shoulder length, thick, curly, frizzy and dry hair. There are a few pros and cons to this shampoo.
Pro- It is free from paraben, gluten, colorants and silicone. It also includes ingredients like antioxidants, aloe and sea kelp. I didn't have any problems getting it to lather up and it defiantly is a clarifying product. I also had a slight tingle on my scalp after applying the shampoo though I don't know if that's a good thing or a reaction to the ingredients.
Cons- The smell is to much for me, it smells like a mans body wash where I prefer fruity smells. I have found every time I shampoo my hair it leaves my hair so dry and tangled I can't even run my fingers through it. My hair feels like all of the natural oils have been striped out of my hair. I have used one third of the bottle to give it a good try but now will be giving it to my husband to use on his oily hair.
I don't feel this is a bad product and I love most herbal essences products but just think this product is not right for my hair type. I would recommend it for those with oily hair just not dry hair. I have tried this product for over 3 weeks and only wash my hair every 3 days.
Christian W.
Grovetown, GA
There are so many positive things to say about the Herbal Essences Bio Renew Rosemary & Herbs Shampoo. I received this product for free and my first initial thought when I opened up my voxbox was to look at the packaged detail, and it’s very appealing and pretty. I’m intrigued with the style and design. It has the perfect color compatibility to go along with the “Rosemary & Herbs” theme. The second thing I noticed about the shampoo is that it is has natural plant resources. Antioxidants, Aloe, & Sea Kelp bring together a shampoo that is actually beneficial for your hair. When I first opened the bottle, the fragrance was fresh, clean and lovely. It had the perfect blended smell of rosemary and mint fragrances. I had never been so excited to shampoo my hair. When showering, I added a small amount into the palm of my hands. This product lathers like many shampoos, so you don’t have to use a lot of product to get the results you are looking for. A little goes a long way! So I lathered, from root to tip, and let it sit in my hair a minute or so due to the thickness of my hair, and then rinsed. I color my hair quite often, right now it’s in a shade of black so I was nervous that this would rinse the color out of my hair, but it didn’t! It rid my hair of build up residue and it left a strong fragrant smell to my hair before I even conditioned! I finished my shower after using the Rosemary & Herbs Foam Conditioner and I’m so in love with my hair right now. After styling it like I do in my regular hair routine, my hair is soft, silky smooth, shiny, and smells divine! Having uncontrollable frizzy, damaged, and dry hair, this product literally seems like it saved my hair. I swear on it and I totally recommend using it if you want that salon-like feel. I’m definitely showing it off!
Kristen L.
Salisbury, MD
Here's the deal.

I did not want to like this shampoo. It has Sodium Laureth Sulfate in it, which is a chemical I try to avoid because it can be an irritant for those of us with sensitive skin.

I also wasn't convinced by the marketing schtick about being 'green', since the bottle of shampoo was wrapped in plastic.

The smell of the shampoo is a little offputting - it smells like men's cologne and nothing like the 'rosemary & herbs' it claims to contain.

All these things aside, I LOVE the way my hair has felt since I washed it with this shampoo and the Herbal Essences bio:renew foaming conditioner in the same scent. It feels light and smooth, instead of it's usual frizzy and coarse. In addition the post shower smell is much more subtle than the smell in the shower. My husband even commented a day after washing that my 'hair smelled good'.

I also appreciate that this product is a step in the right direction. No colorants, *some* natural ingredients, and the use of renewable wind credits at the factory where it's made. However, I think Herbal Essences can do better by getting rid of excess plastic and by removing as many of the unpronouncable chemicals as possible (including SLS - make a sensitive skin version!).
Caitlin H.
Do you guys remember when Herbal Essences used to have those commercials of those gals in the shower? And the shampoo used to actually smell herbal? This Rosemary and Herbs brings me back to those late 90's early 00's Herbal Essences brand that I remember and loved.
I do like the scent of the shampoo. It's a little masculine, but it doesn't stick around for long after the shower. It smells clean and herbal. The shampoo suds up nicely and makes my hair feel super clean and frizz-free.
I have medium thickness hair that is about chin length, isn't dyed, and sometimes feels dry. This shampoo isn't super moisturizing, but does a nice job of cleaning without stripping the moisture from my hair.
I liked it for my own hair, I made my boyfriend try it, and we even used it for my pupper's bath... It's the first bath I've given her where she doesn't smell like "wet dog" following a bath. I'll definitely use this until the bottle runs out and may end up switching from my current shampoo, a far-more expensive one than drugstore herbal essences.

I received this product for free as part of Influenster's VoxBox campaign - Herbal Essences:BioRenew, in exchange for an honest review.
Suzanne O.
Garner, NC
I was very excited to try this Shampoo out from Herbal Essence. I rated with 3 stars because I was not completely blown away with it.

NAKED MOISTURE ROSEMARYAND HERBS
From the bottle, I love that it states the shampoo is made in a plant that matches electricity with renewable wind credits.Thats pretty cool!!!! There is 0 parabens, gluten, colorants, silicone. Again very Eye catching!!

Smell, for me I felt like it smelled like my son or husbands body wash. It was more of a manly smell. This didn't bother me but not how I like my hair to smell a little more "girly" aka sweet, flower.

During and After wash, I feel like it lathered well and rinse clean.

Throughout the day my hair looked clean and not greasy at all. The smell, thr manly smell seemed to dissipate quickly ( which I didn't mind) and left my hair with no smell but it was clean.

In the end I determined that I like my shampoo that I'm currently using better then the herbal essence shampoo. However I would be intrested in smelling some of the other smells to see if that might make a difference in my thoughts.

Final thoughts if you're looking for a good shampoo this ones worth a try, It kept my hair from getting greasy it rinsed well and its color safe.
Danielle P.
Normal, IL
I received this product free for testing purposes.
So, I'm a bit of a crunchy gal -- I read every ingredient on packages and know far too much about EPA ratings for health & beauty ingredients. I know not everyone is as concerned with this as I am, though. I am excited to see some of the big steps that an affordable, drugstore company like Herbal Essences is making towards producing a clean, more natural product.
I love that there are no colors, parabens, or silicone in the product. The addition of nourishing elements like sea kelp & aloe is also great! I'm just not a fan of the sulfates and other ingredients that are not ideal. The scent of the product is amazing; it's both refreshing & calming. The shampoo cleans my hair well, and leaves it feeling smooth and healthy. My hair is thick, curly, and dry, and I was surprised that my hair felt as soft and moisturized as it did after using this product. If you aren't overly concerned with the ingredients of your shampoo, or want to take an affordable step towards a cleaner product, this is an excellent option! If you're prefer a sulfate and fragrance free shampoo, I'd pass on this one.
Charna H.
Received these products in a voxbox from Influenster to test and review. So, I normally buy Herbal Essences hair products even without testing them first because I love the way they smell, natural and fresh like a garden or bouquet of flowers. With that being said I've never tried this Rosemary scent before and I was pretty curious when I initially opened the box. The packaging is so pretty, I like the color scheme. Scent wise, it's so pretty and crisp. Not only does it smell beautiful out of the bottle but the scent lasts in your hair for quite a while unlike most shampoo products. This shampoo lathered up like a dream, worked easily into the scalp, and once rinsed out left my hair feeling very clean but maybe a little too clean. Maybe it's just me just it felt like it did strip a little of the natural oils out of my hair. I have long thick wavy hair and most products do leave my hair dry. I do like this however, maybe it's just better to use after a few days of build up have passed.
Kellie H.
Thornton, CO
I got this shampoo as part of a VoxBox campaign and was
pretty excited to try it out since I haven't used Herbal Essences in years. My
first impression was how pretty the packaging was and how good the shampoo
smelled! I was pleased to see that this was a color safe formula and that it
was a bit more on the natural side compared to what I expect from a drugstore
brand shampoo (although I was a bit bummed to see sodium laureth sulfate listed as the second
ingredient). I have been using this for a bit over a week and it does a good
job at lathering up and cleaning my hair. It smells so good in my shower and
the scent isn’t too strong after I rinse but it does leave my hair smelling
good. I am interested in continuing to use this and seeing how my hair holds up
after weeks of use. So far though it seems like a pretty decent, affordable
shampoo.
Bernice B.
Long Beach , CA
It leaves the hair feeling pure from impurities. It's like cleaning a window with Windex. It has that squeaky feeling when you wash off the shampoo. I think it's the aloe in it that makes it feel that way. I wouldn't use it as my daily shampoo since I have thick curly/wavy frizzy hair. Although, it could be my every 2 weeks shampoo. The time when I really need a redo. As I only wash my hair every other day and prefer a different shampoo for that and use oil products that can linger on the hair and scalp. It smells good! It has layers of different scents. Similar to Bath & Body Works Stress Relief fragrance.
Thania C.
Fulton, NY
When I got my free voxbox I couldn't wait to open this product. When I unwrapped aposta crap from the bottle and open to the cap, I couldn't wait to put this product in my hair. While washing it made my hair feel very very clean. There was no waxy residue and it didn't feel like I had any residual oil left over. So far I've used this three times this week. Not only does it make my hair very clean which normally is very oily, but it makes it smell oh so wonderful. I wanted to thank @influenster for allowing me the privilege to get this free sample and to try it.
Karen A.
Good for oily hair?
Bianca D.
What type of hair is this good for?
robin m.
Cedar Key, FL
[product:herbal-essences-bio:renew-soft-control-creme-gel] does this leave hair feeling natural or stiff and wet looking?