3 colors available

BY HERBAL ESSENCES #22 in Dry Shampoo

Herbal Essences Naked Dry Shampoo transforms lifeless, oily hair into fresh, touchable hair – the natural tapioca formula instantly absorbs excess oil to leave your look naturally refreshed with a crisp, clean mint fragrance. Shake well before spraying into dry hair and working into your roots – let it set and then brush your hair for even distribution and style as desired!

• Does this work for natural hair?1 Answers
  • Had anyone tried the Herbal Essences Naked Dry Shampoo I just boug...1 Answers
  • How is this for coarse, think, black hair? Does this also give a wh...1 Answers
Buy on Amazon
Myra H.
Myra H.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I really love this dry shampoo -- when the bottle works. I got a few uses out of it and loved how it help remove excess oils when I used too much product or just wanted to go a few extra days before washing. it also has a great scent and the ingredients seemed to not be as bad as other similar dry shampoos that I compared it to. the bad news is that I went to use it the other day and it wouldn't spray. I'm pretty sure I still have half a bottle left so this saddens me. judging from others' reviews I'm not the only one that's had this issue. this is the only dry shampoo that I haven't been able to use in its entirety and I'm nervous about purchasing another bottle for fear that it will end up the same way
Suna C.
Suna C.
Kirkland, WA
Upon my first application I would've given this a strong 4 ½ star rating. It's a good thing I waited before hitting the keyboard and typing out some useless fangirly review. After giving the bottle a good shake, shake, shake as instructed, I sprayed it on my roots and brushed it through. It smelled fresh, kind of herby (I like herby) and my hair actually looked as if I'd just washed it (when I hadn't) and it didn't leave any weird residue or discoloration on my hair or scalp (I have black hair). It even added a little bit of body to my limp roots. Loved it!
As I continually used this product, it just made my scalp really itchy and dry and now I have dandruff. I do not recommend and I will not repurchase.
Sarah M.
Sarah M.
Yacolt, WA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I've tried the Batiste brand and Suave and another brand that escapes me just now but of all of them, this one was best. The scent is decent and it really does make my hair look fresh and best of all, I have lots of body and can actually achieve certain styles that don't work when my hair is clean.

From now on, when I need a dry shampoo, this is my go to product. I thought the price was pretty good and a few good sprays worked so the bottle lasts me a decent amount of uses and I feel I get my money's worth with it unlike the Batiste brand and it doesn't stink to high heaven like Suave does.

Definitely will buy this again.
Esther Y.
Esther Y.
West Covina, CA
I really liked this when I first tried it. The price was right and it was the best one thus far, as all the previous dry shampoos were such a disappointment. It smelled good and left my hair with less white powder than the other brands.
However, there were times when it left my hair feeling a little weighed down.
I am lucky my spray nozzle didn't malfunction and quit on me like it did for other reviewers. My can does look a bit different than the one pictured, though. The nozzle is completely white and plastic, no metal and the design/layout is different even though it's exactly the same.
Aiko S.
Aiko S.
Bothell, WA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I received this in a previous vox box and I did like it. The smell was quite pleasant and not too powdery or fragrant. MY hair can get pretty oily and I prefer to only was my hair 2-3 times a week. The white cast is a given but I found myself spraying more product that usual, which I why I went through the bottle fast. Through out the day I actually had to touch up my bangs they got so greasy. I think for a medium not so oily haired person this is fantastic. The price is reasonable but for someone who is more oily, i prefer a more powdery formula.
Alex B.
Alex B.
St. Louis, MO
This dry shampoo has it's upsides. I really like the smell, it doesn't irritate my sensitive skin. It's a good price, it's easy to find at most retailers, and it's something I like to keep around as a staple. It doesn't hold up really well against big hair jobs though, if I want to skip washing my hair for a day( I use dry shampoo for camping a lot). It's the perfect quick fix for after a workout or something but I doesn't seem to hold up for more than a few hours before my hair looks greasy again. All in all a great product to have handy though.
B C.
B C.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I tried this dry shampoo after being recommended by a friend and it's really great for sucking up all the oils in my roots. It is however not great at keeping hair actually clean there's a texture that sticks to the hair that isn't great but it's also not terrible either. if you're sensitive to smells than I would however not recommended this dry shampoo. The smell in my opinion is way too sweet. I would buy this again in a pinch if I had to and I don't regret trying it but it's not my first choice. It did its job and it's a pretty good price.
Jake N.
Jake N.
Wilmington, NC
I got this dry shampoo just because my girl roommate got it one time and I tried it and thought it smelled great. It works well in taking oils out of your hair. I would use it a lot when I had it just so my hair would smell great all day every day. I bought two big cans and both times I had to eventually get rid of it because the can stopped spraying. I mean it was practically a full can but the top part would not work. I stopped buying the product after that, but man, if the can worked right I would use it all the time. Four stars anyway.
Dee V.
Dee V.
Oklahoma City , OK
Beauty Junkie Expert
I AM IN LOVE WITH THIS DRY SHAMPOO! I bought it when i was out of my other one because it was BOGO at Target. I love this because I have dark hair and it doesn't spray out white on my hair. I can easily rub it in and brush it and it takes all the oil out of my hair leaving it nice, clean, and smells amazing. I didn't have a problem with the nozzle of the bottle like everyone else keeps saying they do so hopefully the problem is fixed. I am certainly purchasing this again. I even bought my mom one so she could try it.
Sarah G.
Sarah G.
Loved the formula! It was awesome and my hair felt almost freshly washed after using it. Sadly the nozzle had a tendency to clog and the only solid use I got was the first time, after that it was a weak stream even after doing the manufacturer recommended rinsing of the nozzle. Upon further research this appeared to be a common problem from the start and no one could figure out why they hadn't changed the design or method of dispersal. Very disappointed because the formula was great but I couldn't use it!
Jessica D.
Jessica D.
Springfield, MO
Does this dry shampoo leave a white powder on your hair?
Cynthia S.
Cynthia S.
Lawton, Ok
I have very oily air and I have to wash it daily. does this really work, thought I thinking of try it because of the good reviews.
megan k.
megan k.
Is this product honestly worth it?
Shawni T.
Shawni T.
Rialto, CA
I got my full size in a vbox did you?
Tessa S.
Tessa S.
Oswego, NY
What is your favorite scent from Herbal Essence? Mine is Hello Hydration!