BY HERBAL ESSENCES

Gently Refresh for Natural Radiance

Herbal Essences Refresh Blue Ginger & Micellar Water Shampoo is a volumizing shampoo specifically crafted with naturally inspired ingredients for body & hair that’s full of life with a silicone-free formula that won’t weigh you down.

• Micellar Water & Blue Ginger Shampoo refreshes flat, limp hair by removing dirt and oils to reveal radiant hair
  • Crafted with bio:renew’s blend of essential antioxidants, aloe and sea kelp, Herbal Essences brings your hair back to life
  • Color-safe, pH-balanced, with 0% parabens, gluten and colorants
  • Refreshing notes of fresh ginger blossom, floral bouquets and clean musk
  • Made at a Zero Manufacturing Waste to Landfill Site

Ingrédients :

Water/Eau, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Sodium Chloride, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Alpinia Galanga Rhizome Extract, Betula Alba Bark Extract, Histidine, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Ecklonia Radiata Extract, Fragrance/Parfum, Sodium Citrate, Sodium Xylenesulfonate, Citric Acid, Sodium Benzoate, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Tetrasodium Edta, Niacinamide, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone.

• I love Herbal Essences used it since high school. Is this...5 Answers
  • is anyone seeing their campaign as uncompleted, even afte...9 Answers
  • How’s the scent on this one? The orange bottle I received...10 Answers
ASHLEIGH S.
If I am honest, I have mixed feelings about this shampoo. On one hand, I feel it does what it is supposed to, but on the other, it doesn't meet my personal needs.
As the name says it contains micellar water, so I went into this expecting a shampoo that was going to be stripping or highly cleansing. And that's exactly what I got. Seeing as I have unnaturally pink hair, this is not the kind of shampoo I am looking for, as it removes a lot of the semi permanent dye with each use. There in lies my dilema. So, here are a few things I found:
1) it is a lighter then normal fragrance for Herbal Essence shampoos. A white floral with light green notes. I used it in conjunction with the conditioner and didn't find the fragrance lasted far beyond my shower. Personally, I'm ok with that.
2) it is a low bubble shampoo. I used about a quarter size amount of product in my medium short hair and didn't have copious amounts of luscious bubbles. It felt cleansing, but not rich lather.
3) it is cleansing. And I mean that in the sense of, it will most likely remove gunk build up in your hair. I have semipermanent dye in my hair and it removed a lot of the color with each wash. I don't know if it would have the same effect on permanent hair color dye, but I would not reccomended this for a regular mantenence shampoo.

I didn't use this alone, so I can't attest to that, but used in conjunction with the conditioner, my hair felt light, a bit dry and squeaky clean. A bit stripped of its natural oils. Again, this may be just what you are looking for for removing product build up. herbal-essences-micellar-water-&-blue-ginger-shampoo herbal-essences-micellar-water-&-blue-ginger-shampoo
Jessica H.
Newton, NC
I received a free bottle of Herbal Essences Micellar Water and Blue Ginger Shampoo from Herbal Essences and Influenster for review purposes. I want to start by saying that I have NEVER had a migraine triggered by any fragrance. However, after using this product TWICE I got a migraine both days I used this shampoo. It seems overly fragranced and artificial, kind of like a perfume my grand mother would wear. It cleaned well and lathered well and easily washed out. This product is supposed to renew hair and I feel like my hair was renewed, so much so that my hair felt stripped of all its natural oils and felt and appeared drier than it did when using my usual shampoo and conditioner (which is not specifically a moisturizing shampoo). It was tangling before I even got out of the shower, which is not entirely the fault of the product since my wavy hair is down to my belly button. However, it does NOT happen often. This product just does not fit well with what I have experienced with other Herbal Essences products and for this to be part of their higher end really surprises me. I would not recommend this product at all unless there were major changes in the formulation. The only reason this gets two stars instead of one star is because I really liked the amount of lather without having to shampoo twice and I used very little product compared to what I use with my typical shampoo product. This product advertises that it is color safe but I would not recommend using this product if you have normal to dry hair because that is what I have and my hair looks and feels so much worse than it normally does. The amount of frizz I have is about twice what it usually is. I don't use heat on my hair. I shower at night, air dry my hair about half way and sleep with it in two braids to help reduce the amount of tangles I get in my sleep and since my hair is naturally wavy, the appearance of it is not much different than when I shower in the morning and let it air dry. I have attached a picture of what my hair looks like after using this product for two shampoos.
Casanail J.
Lewis Center, OH
I am so happy that I had the opportunity to receive the Herbal Essence bio renew Fresh Blue Ginger & Micellar water shampoo. Did you know that it is a true fact that Blue Ginger do exist I had no idea until I did some research. All I can say is wow! where to begin with this review this shampoo smells amazing it is 0% paraben gluten silicone and colorants free which is pretty amazing for a drugstore shampoo it is certified with bio: renew and also has antioxidants plus Aloe and sea kelp and I forgot to mention I absolutely love the color and the packaging first off I needed to wash my hair so bad from all the build-up from using gels and oils so I said let's put this shampoo to the test. when I wet my hair in the shower and poured just a little bit of shampoo in my hands and massage it into my scalp it smells so good and my hair started feeling so soft I was a little skeptical because I thought that this shampoo was going to strip my hair but surprisingly it did not my hair felt so soft and smelled so good after I rinse all the shampoo out of my hair I can actually run my fingers through my hair and keep in mind I have thick curly hair I love this shampoo because it is pH balance and it is a color safe shampoo for those who color their hair which I do not have color hair this shampoo claims that it helps in purifying and protect against what your hair gets used to overtime the results are soft free flowing hair I truly believe that because that is how my hair felt. There are other products and the Herbal Essence bio renew line that caters to every hair needs also the Herbal Essence bio renew line launched in February you can find this product at your local grocery store Ulta Beauty Target and I believe Walmart the cost is $5.99 which is awesome you get a great shampoo that won't break the bank very affordable for those who are looking for a great shampoo. I received this product for free for testing purposes from @influenster.
Julie D.
I'll start by saying I received this product for free from Influenster in exchange for an honest review!  The first thing I'll address is the packaging; it's gorgeous.  It's the prettiest bottle I've seen for shampoo!  The cap is designed so that it's easy to open and close, unlike some bottles I've used before.

I'll next talk about things I did like.  This shampoo smells really nice, and it's subtle, which I like.  I wouldn't mind if the smell stayed in my hair a bit longer but this is really personal preference.  After lathering up, it rinses out quickly, which I love.  Upon the first use, this shampoo made my hair shinier, which other people noticed enough to comment on without my asking.  I've never had a shampoo do that before!  My hair did indeed feel and look very clean after use, even after just one wash.

Now, on to what I didn't like.  Unfortunately, this shampoo left my hair very flat.  I already have fine hair, so I really didn't enjoy how it made my hair look even more flat to my head.  I'm not sure if it made my hair feel dry or just not nourished as it usually is with my regular shampoos.  Either way, it left me feeling that something was missing even though I used the matching conditioner with it.

That said, I think this shampoo has its uses.  I think it would be good to clarify your hair, if you've been using a lot of product and want a good clean to get everything out.  I'd use this only on days when I'm staying in, considering how it flattens my hair.  This would be great for people that feel they have too much volume in their hair!  In the end, I took off two stars because I couldn't use this as a daily product, but I would keep it around to use now and then for a deeper clean.
Kirsten H.
I was provided a sample of this product want to say that I really wanted to love this product, and I think I'm a hard sell for it. I have VERY VERY thick dry densely packed hair, with a very dry scalp. Your average shampoo off the drugstore shelf isn't gonna do it for me.

Pros: I ADORED the smell of it, very subtle, fresh ginger scent. Not overwhelming, but very light and clean smelling. Good packaging. Reminded me of the bottle shape from when I was in middle school and Herbal Essences was the go to brand for the cool girls. Loving that nostalgia vibe. Good consistency, with an easy lather build up and I think that if you had more "normal hair" texture you'd have a good time with this shampoo. I'll probably hand the rest of the bottle off to my mom, who has slightly thinner, and pin straight hair. It's right up her ally.

Cons: Didn't deep clean enough for me. My scalp felt grimy after one wash with this and I had hop back in the shower and give it another go with another product to truly get it clean. I don't think this is the fault of the product, more how densely packed my hair is. My usual hair routine is to double shampoo, with two different types of cleanser but I wanted to give this a basic shampoo test and  this one failed for my specific hair type.

Take away: I think this is probably a good shampoo for your average thin to medium thick hair out there. If you've got thick or textured hair I'd stay away as this wont do you any favors.

Ashley C.
Edgewater, MD
When I was in 6th grade, Herbal Essences was the hot shampoo that all the girls had. I remember going into my aunts shower and washing my hair three times because it smelled sooo good. Though the years, I’ve “upgraded” my shampoo and conditioner because I feel like the higher end shampoos make my hair look better than the drugstore options that I’ve tried.

Honestly, I probably wouldn’t have purchased this product if I was in the store prior to this week.

I tried the new Herbal Essences Blue Ginger & Micellar Water Shampoo this morning for the first time. The consistency is thick and clear, works up into a creamy lather and rinses clean.

The smell is amazing. It is a floral, clean smell that’s more mature (I believe it’s the ginger) but I think it can be unisex. The scent lingers for a while (which is something that I love!) but if someone is sensitive to fragrance, I wouldn’t recommend this one.

The only negative that I can see with the new Herbal Essences shampoo is the fact that I don’t think it’s sulfate free and I have a keratin treatment. I will continue to use this product and based on this first impression, I plan on repurchasing. My hair looks just as good as when I use more expensive shampoo at a quarter of the price!
Jessica M.
Shelbyville, KY
I am blown away by this product! I'm not sure if I'm just late to the concept, or if Herbal Essence is doing some next level shit, but this micellar shampoo is something I can ABSOLUTELY get behind. I have done stints with no poo, low poo, sulfate free, co-washing - you name it - to combat how drying shampoos are to my hair but have honestly never been satisfied enough with the results to completely stop using "real" shampoo on my hair at least once a week. I have/like/use my fair share of products, which lead to product build up, which in turn leads to a need for some level of sulfates - which completely strip my hair - but alas, are a necessary evil. Until I found this product I was hit-and-miss co washing with coconut oil every week to week and a half and deep conditioning every wash, Ive used this anf the conditioner twice this week and my hair is so clean and still soft. My products go on and penetrate well so i know my hair is clean but i let it air dry yesterday and slept in a pineapple last night and aside from some general smoothing and light dry oil the frizz is to a minimum and not at all dehydrated like it would typically be after a week with out deep conditioning.

**Ive already had to come back to edit this review because while i love this shampoo and will continue to use it for a super wash day - its pulling my color out !!! Like....aLOT...im honestly going to have to redye or at least refresh it after testing this for only one week.**
Laura S.
Alexandria, VA
Disclaimer: I was gifted the Herbal Essences Micellar Water & Blue Ginger Shampoo from Influenster and the brand for free for the purposes of an honest review. #gotitfree #voxbox. This bottle contains 13.5 fl ounces and retails around the $5.99-$6.99 range since pricing varies per retailer. The scent is clean and fresh- not overpowering. I'll readily admit to my heart sinking when I saw the ingredient list. Three of the top four were ingredients I avoid for my own hair- two sulfates and salt in the top four... all ingredients I don't like using on my hair. I forgot just how much sulfates make shampoos suds up. As I was testing it, I was flashing back to using Herbal Essences as a teen and how I'd beg my mother to pick up different ones at the local grocery store. My hair felt pretty dry after using this before putting on conditioner- about what I expected. I wouldn't repurchase the shampoo on its own, but the conditioner made the overall testing experience worthwhile. I found the shampoo to be nice, and if you're ok with the ingredients (check out the breakdown on the brand's website- that's awesome of them to do so), it's a nice shampoo. If you're avoiding those ingredients, there are others in the line that don't have them.
Jess K.
Bloomsburg, PA
Let me just start off by saying that I have tried SO many hair products - it took me about 10 years to finally find the right shampoo for my hair and it is a salon brand. My hair is a bit strange - hairdressers always tell me I have an insane amount of hair, but that it’s a bit fine. Also, I scrunch my hair and only wash it about twice a week. As for herbal essences, I loved this stuff when I was a teenager - over 10 years ago. But in comparison to other product, herbal essences seems to ALWAYS make my hair oily. My hair has always been oily though.
The bottles I received are very pretty and unique looking. Definitely attractive. They both smell very nice as well. Kind of an earthy but also sweet smell.
I used the products in the shower and afterwards, my hair dried and fell flat and it was harder to form into its typical curl. It was also greasier than it’s been in years.
I loved receiving this and trying it out, and it’s probably great for people who have normal hair or dry hair, but it’s not for me!
Mallorie V.
Pflugerville , TX
I wanted to give this new shampoo a fair amount of time before reviewing it, so I have been using it for a little over two weeks now.  I will say that it definitely has surprised me.  While it is not the best shampoo I have ever used, I have found that it serves a really amazing purpose.  This particular one is really really good at stripping out build up.  So, if you are like me and use dry shampoo and dont wash your hair every single day, this shampoo does an absolutely phenomenal job of really getting all the build up out.  The light, fresh scent is heavenly and I truly love it!  I used this paired with the matching conditioner and while I didn't have high hopes for it, since I haven't used Herbal Essences since high school, it actually was a much better duo than I had anticipated.  I really like the clean I get from it and the scent. The downfall for me was that even paired with the conditioner, I feel that it left my already dry hair, even more on the dry side.  I had to add in a leave in conditioner in order to combat the dryness.  If you have hair that isn't already on the dry end of the spectrum, then this will likely be a huge win for you.
Does it really help?
Christine W.
Amherst, NY
How’s the scent on this one? The orange bottle I received I didn’t like the scent.
Skylar S.
La Crosse, WI
Does this ever dry out your hair?
Stacey B.
Issaquah, WA
Does it strip hair of moisture while it cleans? Is it drying?
Kimberly M.
Greenville, SC
is anyone seeing their campaign as uncompleted, even after reviewing both things?

back