BY HERBAL ESSENCES #82 in Shampoo

Gently Refresh for Natural Radiance

Herbal Essences Refresh Blue Ginger & Micellar Water Shampoo is a volumizing shampoo specifically crafted with naturally inspired ingredients for body & hair that’s full of life with a silicone-free formula that won’t weigh you down.

• Micellar Water & Blue Ginger Shampoo refreshes flat, limp hair by removing dirt and oils to reveal radiant hair
  • Crafted with bio:renew’s blend of essential antioxidants, aloe and sea kelp, Herbal Essences brings your hair back to life
  • Color-safe, pH-balanced, with 0% parabens, gluten and colorants
  • Refreshing notes of fresh ginger blossom, floral bouquets and clean musk
  • Made at a Zero Manufacturing Waste to Landfill Site

Ingrédients :

Water/Eau, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Sodium Chloride, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Alpinia Galanga Rhizome Extract, Betula Alba Bark Extract, Histidine, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Ecklonia Radiata Extract, Fragrance/Parfum, Sodium Citrate, Sodium Xylenesulfonate, Citric Acid, Sodium Benzoate, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Tetrasodium Edta, Niacinamide, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone.

• is anyone seeing their campaign as uncompleted, even after review...9 Answers
  • Has anyone tried the coconut version on this brands shampoo and c...1 Answers
  • How’s the scent on this one? The orange bottle I received I didn’...8 Answers
Buy on ULTA
ASHLEIGH S.
Review for: 13.5 oz more...
If I am honest, I have mixed feelings about this shampoo. On one hand, I feel it does what it is supposed to, but on the other, it doesn't meet my personal needs.
As the name says it contains micellar water, so I went into this expecting a shampoo that was going to be stripping or highly cleansing. And that's exactly what I got. Seeing as I have unnaturally pink hair, this is not the kind of shampoo I am looking for, as it removes a lot of the semi permanent dye with each use. There in lies my dilema. So, here are a few things I found:
1) it is a lighter then normal fragrance for Herbal Essence shampoos. A white floral with light green notes. I used it in conjunction with the conditioner and didn't find the fragrance lasted far beyond my shower. Personally, I'm ok with that.
2) it is a low bubble shampoo. I used about a quarter size amount of product in my medium short hair and didn't have copious amounts of luscious bubbles. It felt cleansing, but not rich lather.
3) it is cleansing. And I mean that in the sense of, it will most likely remove gunk build up in your hair. I have semipermanent dye in my hair and it removed a lot of the color with each wash. I don't know if it would have the same effect on permanent hair color dye, but I would not reccomended this for a regular mantenence shampoo.

I didn't use this alone, so I can't attest to that, but used in conjunction with the conditioner, my hair felt light, a bit dry and squeaky clean. A bit stripped of its natural oils. Again, this may be just what you are looking for for removing product build up. herbal-essences-micellar-water-&-blue-ginger-shampoo herbal-essences-micellar-water-&-blue-ginger-shampoo
Jessica H.
Newton, NC
Review for: 13.5 oz more...
I received a free bottle of Herbal Essences Micellar Water and Blue Ginger Shampoo from Herbal Essences and Influenster for review purposes. I want to start by saying that I have NEVER had a migraine triggered by any fragrance. However, after using this product TWICE I got a migraine both days I used this shampoo. It seems overly fragranced and artificial, kind of like a perfume my grand mother would wear. It cleaned well and lathered well and easily washed out. This product is supposed to renew hair and I feel like my hair was renewed, so much so that my hair felt stripped of all its natural oils and felt and appeared drier than it did when using my usual shampoo and conditioner (which is not specifically a moisturizing shampoo). It was tangling before I even got out of the shower, which is not entirely the fault of the product since my wavy hair is down to my belly button. However, it does NOT happen often. This product just does not fit well with what I have experienced with other Herbal Essences products and for this to be part of their higher end really surprises me. I would not recommend this product at all unless there were major changes in the formulation. The only reason this gets two stars instead of one star is because I really liked the amount of lather without having to shampoo twice and I used very little product compared to what I use with my typical shampoo product. This product advertises that it is color safe but I would not recommend using this product if you have normal to dry hair because that is what I have and my hair looks and feels so much worse than it normally does. The amount of frizz I have is about twice what it usually is. I don't use heat on my hair. I shower at night, air dry my hair about half way and sleep with it in two braids to help reduce the amount of tangles I get in my sleep and since my hair is naturally wavy, the appearance of it is not much different than when I shower in the morning and let it air dry. I have attached a picture of what my hair looks like after using this product for two shampoos.
Casanail J.
Lewis Center, OH
Review for: 13.5 oz more...
I am so happy that I had the opportunity to receive the Herbal Essence bio renew Fresh Blue Ginger & Micellar water shampoo. Did you know that it is a true fact that Blue Ginger do exist I had no idea until I did some research. All I can say is wow! where to begin with this review this shampoo smells amazing it is 0% paraben gluten silicone and colorants free which is pretty amazing for a drugstore shampoo it is certified with bio: renew and also has antioxidants plus Aloe and sea kelp and I forgot to mention I absolutely love the color and the packaging first off I needed to wash my hair so bad from all the build-up from using gels and oils so I said let's put this shampoo to the test. when I wet my hair in the shower and poured just a little bit of shampoo in my hands and massage it into my scalp it smells so good and my hair started feeling so soft I was a little skeptical because I thought that this shampoo was going to strip my hair but surprisingly it did not my hair felt so soft and smelled so good after I rinse all the shampoo out of my hair I can actually run my fingers through my hair and keep in mind I have thick curly hair I love this shampoo because it is pH balance and it is a color safe shampoo for those who color their hair which I do not have color hair this shampoo claims that it helps in purifying and protect against what your hair gets used to overtime the results are soft free flowing hair I truly believe that because that is how my hair felt. There are other products and the Herbal Essence bio renew line that caters to every hair needs also the Herbal Essence bio renew line launched in February you can find this product at your local grocery store Ulta Beauty Target and I believe Walmart the cost is $5.99 which is awesome you get a great shampoo that won't break the bank very affordable for those who are looking for a great shampoo. I received this product for free for testing purposes from @influenster.
Cristie F.
Review for: 13.5 oz more...
Using Herbal Essences Blue Ginger Conditioner (a.k.a. Re:Fresh) marks a momentous occasion for me . . . unlocking a free promotional item. I just came back from a three week long vacation full of sun, surf, and pollution without all my usual hair treatments in tow so my platinum bleached blonde strands were fried (to say the least). Awaiting in my pile of mail garbage was my VoxBox with this conditioner and matching shampoo.

Oh dear. Where do I begin.

I'm not a picky person when it comes to my  products but the fact that the shampoo has Sodium Laureth Sulfates (SLS) is an immediate turn off. I'm allergic to anything with SLS and live an SLS-free life. I took off a star for that. For the sake of celebrating my Influenster achievement I still used it with a fair shake.

I wish that the shampoo was packaged for what it's originally intended for: Clarifying. Everything about it screams clarifying shampoo, which means you really aren't supposed to be using these types of products regularly. At most, twice a week depending on how much silicone filled styling treatments you use.

I liked the scent, a very light, ginger flower fragrance. The texture of the actual product felt like jello and if I wasn't careful, it got sucked back into the bottle in my hand. It's not my preferred texture but I don't hate it. My hair is very thirsty and it took me a decent amount to coat and lather all my strands to my satisfaction.

After I rinsed, my hair felt very dry which is to be expected for chemically treated head full of hair. But even the accompanying conditioner didn't help that. Another star is taken off for that.

I was expecting my head to itch like crazy after using it but to my surprise, it didn't! Unfortunately for my husband who used it as well, it did make his scalp itch. Still, I'm keeping a star for my personal experience.

This shampoo wasn't for me. Like, at all. I don't need volumizing, I need moisture and this shampoo simply didn't deliver. I like the natural route Herbal Essences is going and even though this didn't work for me, I'd be curious to use the others in this line that are more for my hair type.
Joan R.
Review for: 13.5 oz more...
I was looking forward to this voxbox. I didn't review righ away because I wanted to give the product a good trial. Okay, so, Herbal Essence always has great smelling products so I was looking forward to that. I was a little disappointed. The scent was not as strong as all the previous products I've used. I also, didn't particularly like this scent at all. The scent is faint enough that I could ignore that I didn't like it. The shampoo left my hair crazy dry, knotted and feeling like straw. Not something I'm looking for in a shampoo. A little shampoo goes a long way though, so that's a plus. The conditioner, like the shampoo wasn't a scent I liked, but again it is faint enough to ignore. The conditioner doesn't go as far as the shampoo, I needed more conditioner to get it through the mess the shampoo had made. The conditioner DID leave my hair feeling smooth, and hydrated. It's a pretty thick formula so if you have medium or long hair, just buy two bottles of conditioner for every one shampoo. I don't use the blow dryer or flat iron very often, maybe once a month. So I let my hair dry naturally after using these products. My hair was definitely soft, and manageable. It wasn't dry nor knotted. The conditioner didn't weigh my hair down either. I styled it as usual and it was peachy keen. If you can get past what the shampoo does to your hair, and follow it with the conditioner, I think you may like it. I have thick, fine, wavy hair so if that is your type, you may or may not like this. I'm sure other hair types will have different experiences and results. Given the price point on these products it's worth giving it a try. It's good quality and a good price. Would I buy this again? Probably, my only hesitation is the scent. But as I said it's very faint. If your a fan of their other products, definitely give this a try. It really is an overall great product, from a great line.
Julie D.
Review for: 13.5 oz more...
I'll start by saying I received this product for free from Influenster in exchange for an honest review!  The first thing I'll address is the packaging; it's gorgeous.  It's the prettiest bottle I've seen for shampoo!  The cap is designed so that it's easy to open and close, unlike some bottles I've used before.

I'll next talk about things I did like.  This shampoo smells really nice, and it's subtle, which I like.  I wouldn't mind if the smell stayed in my hair a bit longer but this is really personal preference.  After lathering up, it rinses out quickly, which I love.  Upon the first use, this shampoo made my hair shinier, which other people noticed enough to comment on without my asking.  I've never had a shampoo do that before!  My hair did indeed feel and look very clean after use, even after just one wash.

Now, on to what I didn't like.  Unfortunately, this shampoo left my hair very flat.  I already have fine hair, so I really didn't enjoy how it made my hair look even more flat to my head.  I'm not sure if it made my hair feel dry or just not nourished as it usually is with my regular shampoos.  Either way, it left me feeling that something was missing even though I used the matching conditioner with it.

That said, I think this shampoo has its uses.  I think it would be good to clarify your hair, if you've been using a lot of product and want a good clean to get everything out.  I'd use this only on days when I'm staying in, considering how it flattens my hair.  This would be great for people that feel they have too much volume in their hair!  In the end, I took off two stars because I couldn't use this as a daily product, but I would keep it around to use now and then for a deeper clean.
Lenna K.
Arlington, VA
Review for: 13.5 oz more...
I received this shampoo for free as part of an Influenster VoxBox.

This shampoo is one of Herbal Essences' attempts to create a more "natural" and eco-friendly product. It is supposedly "Color-safe, pH-balanced, with 0% parabens, gluten and colorants," according to the Herbal Essences website. So far the color-safe rings true, however, I am a little skeptical.

I have naturally dark blond hair that has been lightened by both the sun and an unfortunate lightening attempt that originally left it a very unattractive brassy yellow, which I have since managed to turn into a silvery, icy blond via the highly concentrated Fanola No Yellow Shampoo. As most people with salon-dyed hair know, shampoos that contain sulfates tend to strip color from dyed hair. The chemical is added to increase the shampoo's foaminess, however, it simultaneously strips color molecules from hair. In this shampoo, sulfates are two of the top three ingredients, making me question exactly how "color-safe" it is. (To be fair, this is not just the case with Herbal Essences' color-safe shampoo. Many pharmacy brands like L'Oreal also have shampoos with sulfates that claim to be color-safe.)

Color-Safe aside, this shampoo does foam nicely and leaves my hair feeling nice and clean. I usually shower every day after the gym, and I am pleased with it so far. I do use the Fanola No Yellow Shampoo ($10 off of Amazon, best purchase I ever made) once a week to make sure my hair does not turn yellow-y. This shampoo is clear and has a very, very, very mild smell. It does not bother me too much, but I was surprised by how bland it is, considering Herbal Essences is usually known for its beautiful smells.

Overall, I will be continuing to use this shampoo until it's empty, but I will not be purchasing it.
Ashley K.
Review for: 13.5 oz more...
I received a bottle of Herbal Essences Micellar Water & Blue Ginger Shampoo from Herbal Essences and Influenster for my honest opinion and review. All opinions stated are my own, and I have used it several times to make sure I gave it a fair shot.
First things first, I love the design on the bottle because it just looks refreshing! Also, the smell is amazing and I personally do not think it is too strong or that it lingers. I love that this shampoo has zero parabens, gluten, silicone, and colorants! It does however contain aloe, sea kelp, and antioxidants, which are great for your hair. With all that said I am not 100% sure this is a shampoo that is perfect for me.
The micellar water does a fantastic job of getting your hair super clean, but I felt like it left my hair a little on the dry side. Which for me is really not good because my hair is already dry and I live in a place with a very dry climate. My hair needs all the moisture it can get!! It also left my hair looking kinda flat. I have fine hair that has thinned out over the years so I a shampoo that gives me some volume. I really can't fault the shampoo too much though because it does not promise volume.
I think this would be an excellent once a week shampoo just to make sure you are really getting your hair and scalp fully clean. Even though it made my hair dry and flat it did leave my hair feeling squeaky clean! I will continue to use the bottle and tell people about it.
Jacquelyn B.
Review for: 13.5 oz more...
I have difficult hair, which means, it looks thin when straight, but is actually thick and I have a lot of it, so it takes a long time to blow dry. I can easily style is straight with the right tools and products, but my hair is naturally curly and can be very frizzy when left to dry naturally without styling products.

PROS: I found the scent to be very pleasant, yet doesn't clash with my other styling products. At first, I liked that this shampoo was able to remove all of the product that I put in my hair from styling it curly.

CONS: I definitely need to use more product than I normally do with my usual conditioner as a result of the drying effects of this shampoo, especially when I styled my hair curly. I also think my hair feels very dry after using. I used this product 3x now since I received my free full-sized samples and feel like I actually need to wash my hair more frequently than normal, as my scalp is also a bit dry, but seems to be producing oil to compensate since I started using both shampoo and conditioner. This product also says "Safe for color treated hair", but since using, my color has gone from vibrant, to down the drain! I would NOT recommend this for anyone who colors their hair.

Unclear usage: Overall, the items packaging states that it is for "renewal", but it's unclear what the product is supposed to do to achieve that.

Sadly, I think this product is not going to work very well for me and my hair type. Since I have naturally curly hair, frizz and moisture are a necessity for me. Since using this product, although my hair smells good, it is very dry.
Lisa D.
Miramar, FL
Review for: Micellar Water & Blue Ginger Shampoo more...
I received a complimentary bottle of Herbal Essences Micellar Water and Blue Ginger Shampoo from Herbal Essences and Influenster for review purposes.  My initial reaction upon opening the bottle was that the scent was AMAZING... light, white florals and fresh green notes, reminiscent of the Herbal Essences shampoo varieties that I have used in the past.  I used a quarter-size amount of shampoo for my natural-color, long, wavy, coarse hair.  The shampoo provided plenty of lather and rinsed well, leaving my hair SQUEAKY clean... quite literally; my hair actually made the "squeaking" sound when I squeezed the water out of it.  In my case, this isn't a desirable quality in a shampoo because it means that the shampoo has stripped my already dry hair of its natural, protective oils.  I definitely did not need a second wash, so there was no repeat after the first lather & rinse.  After drying, my hair was fluffy and full of volume, but not necessarily in a good way.  I used the shampoo several times (spread out over the next two weeks) with the same results: the shampoo definitely cleaned my hair and removed all product, but proved to be drying.  I would only recommend this shampoo to those with oily hair, or those whose hair does not dry out or need additional moisture.  I would also NOT recommend this shampoo to anyone who colors their hair, as it would strip away the dye.  This shampoo formula is very similar to a clarifying shampoo, so while it might be great at removing product and oils, I would only recommend it for occasional use.
Stacey B.
Issaquah, WA
Does it strip hair of moisture while it cleans? Is it drying?
Kimberly M.
greenville, SC
is anyone seeing their campaign as uncompleted, even after reviewing both things?
Christine W.
How’s the scent on this one? The orange bottle I received I didn’t like the scent.
kai f.
How is this? Like what does it do differently than regular shampoo
Chancy B.
Mayfield, KY
Did you get any volume with the [product:herbal-essences-bio:renew-argan-oil-of-morocco-shampoo] or any of their shampoo or conditioners?