BY HERBAL ESSENCES

Restores Balance to Scalp & Moisturizes Hair

Herbal Essences Scalp Balance Deep Sea Minerals Shampoo restores balance to scalp is specifically crafted with naturally inspired ingredients to cleanse away impurities while moisturizing and nourishing hair.

• Deep Sea Minerals Shampoo restores balance to scalp by cleansing away impurities while moisturizing and nourishing hair
  • Crafted with bio:renew’s blend of essential antioxidants, aloe and sea kelp, Herbal Essences brings your hair back to life
  • Color-safe, pH-balanced with 0% silicones, parabens, gluten and colorants
  • Calming notes of ocean breeze, floral bouquet and warm amber
  • Made at a Zero Manufacturing Waste to Landfill Site

Ingrédients :

Water/Eau, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Citrate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Stearyl Alcohol, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Sodium Chloride, Fragrance/Parfum, Sodium Xylenesulfonate, Betula Alba Bark Extract, Spirulina Platensis Extract, Histidine, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Ecklonia Radiata Extract, Cetyl Alcohol, Citric Acid, Sodium Benzoate, Polyquaternium-6, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Tetrasodium Edta, Trihydroxystearin, Niacinamide, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone.

• Has anyone tried this yet? Looks amazing!4 Answers
  • What was the fragrance of your shampoo out of the bottle?...5 Answers
Nicole B.
Lk Havasu Cty, AZ
I received this product as part of a voxbox campaign.

Normally, I love Herbal Essences. I currently use their shampoo/conditioners everyday and was extremely excited to try this new product. Unfortunately, I hated it. Mainly, I hated the smell of it. I cannot describe the smell other than it was fake and perfumey. The shampoo lathered just fine and my hair was normal after showering/blow drying. However, the smell stayed with me all day and into the next day. I had to wash my sheets/pillowcases the next day because I couldn't stand the smell. I thought the smell wouldn't be so overwhelming after blow drying and using other hair product but it was. I cannot say much else other than please fix the smell or give options. Additionally, I have no idea what the product is supposed to do - is it specific for dry scalp? The bottle doesn't say. If I saw this product in store, I wouldn't buy it because it smells horrible and I am unsure what it is supposed to do for my hair.
Shannon B.
Pella, IA
This shampoo lathers well and smells pretty good despite the scent/name. It does seem to be helping my scalp issues without drying out my hair like other products do. I would definitely buy this or try others from this line.
Trista M.
This lathers well and has a great smell that's perfectly unisex and leaves me with hair soft. Unfortunately, taking off two stars for it not improving my dry scalp whatsoever.
H L.
This is not a brand of shampoo that I would typically use, I generally use Kenra or Matrix, with that I was given this product to try for free via Influenster.  I am pleasantly surprised at how well my hair is reacting to this new product, its leaves my hair soft and full, and it smells great. I agree with some of the other reviews that it would be better without the parabens, but I would definitely recommend this to someone who is on a budget and looking for a good shampoo and conditioner.
Jennifer B.
Nixa, MO
First impressions I love the packaging and the scent! Was excited to try this as my hair gets extra dry in the winter time and something to help balance my scalp seems like a win win. The product lathered up so well in the shower and didn’t feel over drying or like it was stripping my hair in fact it felt slightly moisturizing I had double checked to make sure I grabbed the shampoo and not the conditioner. I rinsed it out and my hair felt clean and so did my scalp with a slight smell left behind. (Almost perfume like smell but in a good way) my hair felt good and not stripped. I need to use more but for now it deserves my 4 stars!
Jennifer R.
Renton, WA
I was very excited to try this deep sea mineral shampoo with kelp and aloe. Unfortunately, it ended up scaring me a bit when my hair started falling out in the bath ten times more than usual, and left me with minor scalp irritation throughout the day that got worse the next morning. It isn't a product I especially want to try again, let alone recommend. (See the second photo.)

Even though this has kelp and aloe, the smell of the shampoo is very light out of the bottle and only sloghtly tinged of seaweed. The consistency of the lather was very thin, not creamy - the first photo is as sudsy as I could get it! I couldn't easily rub my hair after shampooing for that clean squeak like with most shampoos.

My hair did dry out very ' soft and flowy' though, so that promise on the bottle was right. It didn't help with frizz, but the hair did look vibrant.
Update: I did rub the shampoo and conditioner on my under-forearms, but there was no contact reaction or any irritation. This makes the likelihood of an unknown allergy very unlikely. It is probable my scalp irritation was from the hairloss itself, as it was coming out in little clumps.
Renee J.
I wanted to give this a few weeks to try. For me I notice a new shampoo can be amazing in the beginning and then fall flat a few weeks later. I will start with the scent. It smells wonderful! However, sometimes I notice the scent last all day and it doesn't always mix well with the other perfume I put on. I would suggest maybe making a scent free version or a lighter scent. This scent though smells so nice so if you don't wear much other stuff you can smell it pretty well all day. My hair is long and naturally curly. Thin not thick. I haven't cut it in 2 years due to any hair dresser chopping off my length and over layering. Just messing up my hair all the time! I do notice about 2 - 3 inches of hair at the bottom really dry and ready for a cut. As far as this shampoo making it softer, healthier, less split ends, etc. at the bottom because that would be a true test... I can't say it did anything for that area other than in the beginning it felt softer at the bottom damaged area but now feels the same again. However! The top of my head and the healthy hair that doesn't need to be cut did become softer, shinier and just nicer all around. The shampoo lathered up really nice and I didn't need much that I normally need with other shampoo's each wash. With my hair being so long (practically to my butt) I normally need to use a lot more product. It was nice I didn't have to with this shampoo. All in all I am very happy with the results! I would suggest using this shampoo if you haven't tried it. My hair before in the healthy areas was just dull and lack luster. Now it seems much nicer and I am excited to hopefully get a haircut a beautician won't screw up and enjoy this nice shiny new hair!  I received this free for testing purposes from Influenster.
Rhoda K.
Bowie, TX
I love the smell of the Herbal Essences bio:renew deep sea minerals! It has a very clean and crisp smell. I feel like my scalp was not as dry and uncomfortable after using this shampoo and conditioner. My hair felt so hydrated and silky soft. Will definitely be purchasing this shampoo and conditioner in the future!Herbal Essences Deep Sea Minerals Shampoo
Cassandra H.
Sapulpa, OK
I am not a fan of what this does to my hair. I have very dry hair and somehow this makes it feel greasy and gross. I also tried it on my daughter's hair and it did the same thing to her. The smell is way to strong too
Angie A.
Brookshire, TX
Love this product from the smell, cleanest, packaging to the price is reasonable as well. I am definitely buying this product for me and my girls. Thanks Influenster for the free sample of Herbal Essences Deep Sea Minerals Conditioner and Herbal Essences Deep Sea Minerals Shampoo
Jennifer R.
Renton, WA
What was the fragrance of your shampoo out of the bottle? The fragrance of mine was very light and seaweed tinged, but I've seen comments on other posts of 'floral' or 'fabulous' scents. Does the scent of this exact Sea Minerals product vary? What did you perceive the smell as?
Ashsa M.
Ellijay, GA
Has anyone tried this yet? Looks amazing!