BY HERBAL ESSENCES

Restores Balance to Scalp & Moisturizes Hair

Herbal Essences Scalp Balance Deep Sea Minerals Shampoo restores balance to scalp is specifically crafted with naturally inspired ingredients to cleanse away impurities while moisturizing and nourishing hair.

• Deep Sea Minerals Shampoo restores balance to scalp by cleansing away impurities while moisturizing and nourishing hair
  • Crafted with bio:renew’s blend of essential antioxidants, aloe and sea kelp, Herbal Essences brings your hair back to life
  • Color-safe, pH-balanced with 0% silicones, parabens, gluten and colorants
  • Calming notes of ocean breeze, floral bouquet and warm amber
  • Made at a Zero Manufacturing Waste to Landfill Site

Ingrédients :

Water/Eau, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Citrate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Stearyl Alcohol, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Sodium Chloride, Fragrance/Parfum, Sodium Xylenesulfonate, Betula Alba Bark Extract, Spirulina Platensis Extract, Histidine, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Ecklonia Radiata Extract, Cetyl Alcohol, Citric Acid, Sodium Benzoate, Polyquaternium-6, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Tetrasodium Edta, Trihydroxystearin, Niacinamide, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone.

• Has anyone tried this yet? Looks amazing!4 Answers
  • What was the fragrance of your shampoo out of the bottle?...5 Answers
Rebecca M.
Oklahoma City, OK
I received this product free from Influenster to trial. I have been using it for about a month and have not been very impressed. If you are looking for something that has the floral smells like regular herbal essence products, this is not for you. I suffer from dry skin, and sometimes irritated scalp. This product did not work for me. My scalp continued to stay dry throughout the month of using this product. I’m sure it might work for some people, but this product was not for me. I would be very hesitant in using this product if you already suffer from issues with your scalp.
Stephanie J.
Walters, OK
Well I received the shampoo and conditioner of the deep sea minerals from Herbal Essences bio renew line. While I appreciate the no parabens, it does contain sulfates which doesn’t work for my natural hair. Which would strip my hair of natural oils. However, I did let my daughter use it. She didn’t like the products because it made her hair feel dry and her hair she’d more than normal. I personally wouldn’t recommend this product. It may work better for different hair types.
Desirae Y.
I was ECSTATIC to receive the scalp balance deep sea mineral shampoo in a Herbal Essence VoxBox! I really enjoyed the scent, lather, dandruff removal and the fact that 13.5 FL OZ bottle would last me a lifetime despite my long, thick hair. However, I am a biracial woman with hair that tends to be on the dry side. Years ago, I eliminated Sodium Laureth Sulfate from my shampoos and body washes as I researched and found that it strips hair and skin of natural oils and proteins! Gasps! Sadly, my Herbal Essence free sample did just that. It left my hair feeling “clean” too clean and stripped of all of the good oils and keratin. I will not continue to use this. If Herbal Essence removed this ingredient I believe their products would be better and used more as I am a fan of the parabean free movement.
Ashley C.
Blacksburg, VA
When you put this shampoo in your hair, you can immediately feel it coat your hair with junk. My hair felt dirtier after washing it. There was no cleansing! It smelled good but did not do what a shampoo needs to.
Jennifer R.
Renton, WA
I was very excited to try this deep sea mineral shampoo with kelp and aloe. Unfortunately, it ended up scaring me a bit when my hair started falling out in the bath ten times more than usual, and left me with minor scalp irritation throughout the day that got worse the next morning. It isn't a product I especially want to try again, let alone recommend. (See the second photo.)

Even though this has kelp and aloe, the smell of the shampoo is very light out of the bottle and only sloghtly tinged of seaweed. The consistency of the lather was very thin, not creamy - the first photo is as sudsy as I could get it! I couldn't easily rub my hair after shampooing for that clean squeak like with most shampoos.

My hair did dry out very ' soft and flowy' though, so that promise on the bottle was right. It didn't help with frizz, but the hair did look vibrant.
Update: I did rub the shampoo and conditioner on my under-forearms, but there was no contact reaction or any irritation. This makes the likelihood of an unknown allergy very unlikely. It is probable my scalp irritation was from the hairloss itself, as it was coming out in little clumps.
Janira H.
Brooklyn, NY
Ok, so this shampoo touts "deep sea minerals" and on the front label it also states 0 silicones. parabens and that it is gluten free. Firstly, I despise when a label on a shampoo bottle says its free of silicones because that is not an ingredient typically found in shampoo but rather in conditioner. Another issue with this shampoo is that it contains Sodium Laurel Sulphate as one of its primary ingredients, this is what gives a lathering effect that us consumers relate to cleansing but what this does is strip natural oils from hair and causes damage. I did however go ahead and use this shampoo, it has a pleasant scent light aquatic unisex scent and paired with the conditioner my hair felt pretty good once it was dried. I am just concerned about using shampoos containing SLS in the long-run otherwise this is an ok product.Color-safe, pH-balanced with 0% silicones, parabens, gluten and colorantsColor-safe, pH-balanced with 0% silicones, parabens, gluten and colorantsColor-safe, pH-balanced with 0% silicones, parabens, gluten and colorants
Constance M.
Dyersburg, TN
I received Herbal Essence Deep Sea Minerals Shampoo to try for free in my Voxbox from Influenster.
After trying this for a couple of weeks, I have come to see that this is one Herbal Essence that I don't care for. I usually love all the scents and lines that they offer.
I found that the shampoo was really thick and hard to lather into my hair. The scent was not that appealing to me either. It's hard to say what the scent exactly was but it was not something I wanted to continue using. I could not tell a big difference in my hair. I should have because I color my hair and was hoping for a revive in my hair. Herbal Essences Deep Sea Minerals ShampooInfluenster
Cassandra H.
Sapulpa, OK
I am not a fan of what this does to my hair. I have very dry hair and somehow this makes it feel greasy and gross. I also tried it on my daughter's hair and it did the same thing to her. The smell is way to strong too
Carmelita S.
Utica, NY
I’ve always heard really bad things about herbal essence shampoo even though I’ve use some in the past. Although I received this product free to review, I really did not like it. The smell was the only perk of it. The shampoo left my hair feeling very wiry and not clean. I would not repurchase.
Kayla W.
Oceanside, CA
Specifically for my hair, I wouldn’t buy this product. It left it kind of dry and brittle. However, if you’re looking for a mild clarifying shampoo, this is a good choice! It smells great, and removes oiliness while preventing dandruff. Good choice, not for me though.
Jennifer R.
Renton, WA
What was the fragrance of your shampoo out of the bottle? The fragrance of mine was very light and seaweed tinged, but I've seen comments on other posts of 'floral' or 'fabulous' scents. Does the scent of this exact Sea Minerals product vary? What did you perceive the smell as?
Ashsa M.
Ellijay, GA
Has anyone tried this yet? Looks amazing!