BY HERBAL ESSENCES #66 in Shampoo

Restores Balance to Scalp & Moisturizes Hair

Herbal Essences Scalp Balance Deep Sea Minerals Shampoo restores balance to scalp is specifically crafted with naturally inspired ingredients to cleanse away impurities while moisturizing and nourishing hair.

• Deep Sea Minerals Shampoo restores balance to scalp by cleansing away impurities while moisturizing and nourishing hair
  • Crafted with bio:renew’s blend of essential antioxidants, aloe and sea kelp, Herbal Essences brings your hair back to life
  • Color-safe, pH-balanced with 0% silicones, parabens, gluten and colorants
  • Calming notes of ocean breeze, floral bouquet and warm amber
  • Made at a Zero Manufacturing Waste to Landfill Site

Ingrédients :

Water/Eau, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Citrate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Stearyl Alcohol, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Sodium Chloride, Fragrance/Parfum, Sodium Xylenesulfonate, Betula Alba Bark Extract, Spirulina Platensis Extract, Histidine, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Ecklonia Radiata Extract, Cetyl Alcohol, Citric Acid, Sodium Benzoate, Polyquaternium-6, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Tetrasodium Edta, Trihydroxystearin, Niacinamide, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone.

• Has anyone tried this yet? Looks amazing!4 Answers
  • What was the fragrance of your shampoo out of the bottle?...2 Answers
Denisse R.
Brooksville, FL
I was given this product to try for free via Influenster. I wasn't sure if I'd like this item since I had to stop using this brand as I got older. Though I've always loved the way Herbal Essences lines have smelled, eventually the shampoo is started to dry out my hair and make it feel rough after drying, like parched straw.

However, I LOVE this new BioRenew version! I received the Deep Sea Minerals for "scalp balance" and it worked great! I suffer from seborrheic dermatis (dandruff on steroids!) and am prone to scaling, flaking, itching, and sometimes even bleeding. I also have eczema and sensitive, dry skin. This shampoo actually worked well with ALL these conditions and I had a great response to it!

The bottle looks similar to the original bottles the company launched with. It has a nice, crisp smell, and it feels like a neutral one - not too feminine nor macho. My hair feel soft and smooth afterwards, and I even let it sit dry with NO added product to get a real sense of its capabilities. Needless to say, this left my hair feeling great the next couple of days AND it did not irritate my scalp or cause me to break out one bit! I love that these new BioRenews come packed with antioxidants, aloe vera, and sea plant/algae extracts. All very soothing!

My only dislike and cause for removing a star was that it still contained sulfates, though it's commendable that it is now paraben, gluten, colorant, and silicone free! I will definitely keep using this and work it into my scalp therapy treatments! I was given this item for free testing and review purposes.
Ashley T.
Leesburg, FL
I was so excited when I learned that I had been chosen for the Herbal Essences VoxBox! I fully expected to love this Deep Sea Minerals formula, and I was not disappointed! First, the shampoo smells as wonderful as I’ve come to expect Herbal Essences shampoos to smell! It’s kind of “cucumber-ish”, to my nose. (Maybe it’s Sea Cucumber! Bada-ba!....🤣) Anyway- so we were off to a good start right away. I proceeded to shampoo, and rinse, like normal. It left my scalp feeling clean, without feeling tight, dry or itchy. Also- it left no heavy residue feeling. I rinsed, and followed up with the complimenting conditioner, but you’ll have to read that review separately. Afterwards, I dried and styled as usual. Herbal Essences Deep Sea Minerals Shampoo. My hair felt light, and smelled amazing! Herbal Essences.....you did good with this one! OH! Ps- no parabens in this shampoo! Also no GLUTEN (for my friend’s with gluten sensitivities and allergies), colorants or silicone to coat and weigh hair down! I also like that the factory where this stuff is made is using wind energy to help power their operation. Extra points for being green! #IgotitFREE #complimentary
Phelicia M.
*I received this product complementary for testing and review purposes.*

I am a little snobbish when it comes to my hair care products. Although I do like trying new products, I don't just use anything - I usually stick to the brands I know and have worked well before. This Herbal Essences was a pleasant surprise! I love that it's specifically formulated to take care of your scalp, and is paraben-free. What I'm really impressed with though is how it made my hair feel. I don't like it when shampoos leave my hair feeling... stripped after washing. Hard, stiff etc - and it doesn't feel right until after you've put conditioner it. But this shampoo left my hair feeling soft and healthy BEFORE I used the conditioner. That was the first thing I immediately noticed- and I really like that. Ever notice how some paraben-free shampoos don't lather all that well? This one lathered beautifully. I washed once and my hair and scalp felt nice and clean.
I probably wouldn't have chosen this particular variety from the #BioRenew line on my own, but I'm glad I got it. I'll definitely be using it on the future!
Renee J.
I wanted to give this a few weeks to try. For me I notice a new shampoo can be amazing in the beginning and then fall flat a few weeks later. I will start with the scent. It smells wonderful! However, sometimes I notice the scent last all day and it doesn't always mix well with the other perfume I put on. I would suggest maybe making a scent free version or a lighter scent. This scent though smells so nice so if you don't wear much other stuff you can smell it pretty well all day. My hair is long and naturally curly. Thin not thick. I haven't cut it in 2 years due to any hair dresser chopping off my length and over layering. Just messing up my hair all the time! I do notice about 2 - 3 inches of hair at the bottom really dry and ready for a cut. As far as this shampoo making it softer, healthier, less split ends, etc. at the bottom because that would be a true test... I can't say it did anything for that area other than in the beginning it felt softer at the bottom damaged area but now feels the same again. However! The top of my head and the healthy hair that doesn't need to be cut did become softer, shinier and just nicer all around. The shampoo lathered up really nice and I didn't need much that I normally need with other shampoo's each wash. With my hair being so long (practically to my butt) I normally need to use a lot more product. It was nice I didn't have to with this shampoo. All in all I am very happy with the results! I would suggest using this shampoo if you haven't tried it. My hair before in the healthy areas was just dull and lack luster. Now it seems much nicer and I am excited to hopefully get a haircut a beautician won't screw up and enjoy this nice shiny new hair!  I received this free for testing purposes from Influenster.
keiana G.
Battle ground, WA
I am excited to tell you about this shampoo! I must say first this product came at the most perfect time! I recently permed my hair ( horrible idea) my scalps super super sensitive right now. It is healed fully however very sensitive. I wanted to be careful with the products I use going forward. This product not only kept my hair thick and full with a nice natural feel and shine. VERY CLEAN FEEL.The deep sea mineral shampoo left my hair feeling healthy clean and didn't irritate my scalp at all! my scalp has been through a lot so not only will I continue using this product the shampoo was a nice introduction for a girl with mixed chick hair who normally uses same shampoo. definitely made me feel comfortable to go and and purchase this product for future! Thank you so much #Influenster will definitely be posting a video soonHerbal Essences Deep Sea Minerals Shampoo
Jennifer R.
Renton, WA
I was very excited to try this deep sea mineral shampoo with kelp and aloe. Unfortunately, it ended up scaring me a bit when my hair started falling out in the bath ten times more than usual, and left me with minor scalp irritation throughout the day that got worse the next morning. It isn't a product I especially want to try again, let alone recommend. (See the second photo.)

Even though this has kelp and aloe, the smell of the shampoo is very light out of the bottle and only sloghtly tinged of seaweed. The consistency of the lather was very thin, not creamy - the first photo is as sudsy as I could get it! I couldn't easily rub my hair after shampooing for that clean squeak like with most shampoos.

My hair did dry out very ' soft and flowy' though, so that promise on the bottle was right. It didn't help with frizz, but the hair did look vibrant.
Update: I did rub the shampoo and conditioner on my under-forearms, but there was no contact reaction or any irritation. This makes the likelihood of an unknown allergy very unlikely. It is probable my scalp irritation was from the hairloss itself, as it was coming out in little clumps.
Katie M.
Ithaca, NY
I suffer from scalp psoriasis and really oily hair (I can't go more than 48 hours without washing or else I look disgusting). And I'm not 100% certain yet, but I hope this can help my scalp health, even if just a little. I doubt it can replace psoriasis and dandruff shampoos. That being said, I was excited to try them. I remember growing up in the later 90s where Herbal Essence was THE shampoo to use amongst my friends. So it has a nostalgic factor to me. The scent of the shampoo is unique to me. It's very masculine, but not in an unpleasant way. Anyone who is a fan of neutral or masculine scents will enjoy this shampoo and conditioner combo. And the scent really sticks! I have a short pixie cut and even I catch whiffs of my hair. This product was provided by the Herbal Essence Bio: Renew campaign held by Influenster and I am loyal to no one, so don't worry, my peeps. I'll still be honest in my review.
DeAnna S.
Indianapolis, IN
I received this product complimentary of Influenster for testing purposes.  Herbal Essences is getting so close to a great line!  I have been following the Curly Girl Method for close to 5 years now and the biggest thing to watch out for is no sulfates or silicones.  Those two ingredients do not agree with wavy/curly hair.  This shampoo is oh so close, but still has silicones.  I was worried about putting this in my hair as I have followed the rules religiously, but I was pretty surprised!  My hair smells great and is very soft.  There is more frizz than usual (because of the silicones) and when I was shampooing the lather dried out my hair and removed the natural oils from my scalp.  But my hair still looks good after all is said and done.

I would definitely recommend this product!
Nakesha T.
Hughesville , MD
I received the Herbal Essence Bio~Renew shampoo and conditioner to review.  For the review of the conditioner, please check it out.  And now it's time for the shampoo... I have loved the Herbal Essence line since I was a teen. The smell is delightful and has always put me in a good mood.  However, with a lot of brands being conscious of using Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, it was kind of disappointing to see that as the second ingredient in the shampoo.  I believe the Bio~Renew line has some good ingredients and it would be nice to see them further up on the list instead of at the bottom of the list so we can truly receive the benefits of having healthy hair from healthy ingredients.  As for the shampoo, I wouldn't buy but as far as the conditioner, yes, I would purchase.
Kay L.
My first impression of this product was that it smelled níce and that the claims are interesting. Having very long, waist-length hair, my main concerns are that my roots and scalp are well cleaned and that my ends are not stripped of all moisture.

I can say that I thoroughly enjoyed my shampooing experience. The product lathered up well and produced a very rich, somewhat dense lather. I found that it cleansed my scalp nicely and did not strip my scalp. It rinsed out fairly quickly, which is a definite plus. It did, however, strip my ends more than I would have liked. Overall, I would recommend this to someone who doesn't use much styling product in their hair but would like a deeper clean than they get from their regular shampoo.
Ashsa M.
Ellijay, GA
Has anyone tried this yet? Looks amazing!
Jennifer R.
Renton, WA
What was the fragrance of your shampoo out of the bottle? The fragrance of mine was very light and seaweed tinged, but I've seen comments on other posts of 'floral' or 'fabulous' scents. Does the scent of this exact Sea Minerals product vary? What did you perceive the smell as?