BY HERBAL ESSENCES

Herbal Essences Scalp Balance Deep Sea Minerals Conditioner is specifically crafted with naturally inspired ingredients to restore balance to scalp and hydrating nourishment to hair.

• Deep Sea Minerals Conditioner restores balance to scalp and hydrating nourishment to hair
  • Crafted with bio:renew’s blend of essential antioxidants, aloe and sea kelp, Herbal Essences brings your hair back to life
  • Color-safe, pH-balanced with 0% parabens, gluten and colorants
  • Calming notes of ocean breeze, floral bouquet and warm amber
  • Experience the multi-layered scents of vibrant coconut, a bouquet of white florals and vanilla
  • Made at a Zero Manufacturing Waste to Landfill Site

Ingredient :

Water/Eau, Stearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Bis-aminopropyl Dimethicone, Betula Alba Bark Extract, Spirulina Platensis Extract, Histidine, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Ecklonia Radiata Extract, Fragrance/Parfum, Cetyl Alcohol, Benzyl Alcohol, Dicetyldimonium Chloride, Disodium Edta, Citric Acid, Niacinamide, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone.

• I can't wait to try this!! Has anyone tried yet???5 Answers
  • Has anyone else experienced unusually high hair loss with...4 Answers
Ashley T.
Leesburg, FL
So...I first washed with the Herbal Essences Deep Sea Minerals shampoo (see that review separately) that was also provided in my awesome voxbox! I had been really impressed with the fragrance of the shampoo, so imagine my disappointment when I opened my Deep Sea Minerals conditioner to smell....hardly anything! The fragrance was way less detectable. But I proceeded with the application. I thought maybe it would be one of those conditioners with the tingling sensation once I got it on my scalp, but no- it wasn’t. It seemed very like a random “typical” conditioner. Not too heavy, and not a deep conditioner by any means. It was very lightweight. I left it on for about 5 minutes, and rinsed. My hair felt soft, but not as soft as certain other conditioners. I blow dried and styled my hair as usual. It seemed like my hair had been more detangled than conditioned. 😬 While on the one hand, it did not weigh my hair down, but it also didn’t give my hair the softest touch. Fortunately, even without a strong fragrance, my hair still smelled lovely half an hour afterwards! I think this conditioner would be great for someone who wants only a light conditioner. I am so glad I got it for FREE in my VoxBox! I will enjoy continuing to use the shampoo and conditioner together! #gotitfree #influenster.
Update: I first used this last night, and I’ve gotten compliments on my hair all day long! I upgraded my rating from a 4 to 5 star for the conditioner. My hair feels nice to touch, and is not weighed down and limp. And it still smells fabulous 24 hours later!
Nakesha T.
Hughesville , MD
I believe in being honest in my reviews because I believe honesty not only informs the consumer but also can be a way of informing the company of any improvements that need to be made to their product line which can be a win-win for everyone.  O...K... so here it goes.  First - I LOVE the smell as I know we all do and I liked how the conditioner made my hair soft.  The only change I would like to see is having aloe as the second ingredient in the conditioner instead of alcohol.  And, as far as the shampoo, it would be nice if aloe or another good for you ingredient was the second ingredient in the shampoo.  However, I was glad to see some natural ingredients in the Bio~Renew line and it is a line I would try minus the shampoo. I think if Herbal Essence tweaked a few things, this line could truly be phenomenal because they already have a few points for being able to do one thing we all love and that's making our hair smell good! :-)  But if they would play around with the ingredients a little bit more, I foresee this being a truly great product for the drugstore.
Phelicia M.
*I received this product complimentary for testing and review purposes.*

I used this conditioner with the shampoo that goes with it, and was pleasantly surprised. I really like the fact that it has antioxidants and minerals to keep your scalp healthy - not a lot of shampoos/conditioners focus on that aspect of hair care. But what I'm most impressed by is how my hair looked and felt after I used the conditioner. It promises "soft, free- flowing hair" and that is the truth! My hair is bouncy and shiny- I love when a product leaves my hair like that!

The directions didn't mention leaving it on any length of time, or massaging it in etc. It's pretty simple- apply from root to tip, then rinse. I just feel better when I leave the conditioner on for a little while, so I let it sit 3-5 minutes while I finished my shower. I may experiment to see how well my hair turns out if I just put it on and rinse right away, but I am very pleased by my hair after this first try.

The only thing I took a star off for was the fragrance. I definitely don't mind heavy smelling conditioner, but maybe it's just that it's not my favorite fragrance. It definitely smells botanical- not flowery or sweet- but definitely like sea kelp etc.

All in all a great product and I'll be using it again!
Renee J.
I wanted to give this a few weeks to try. For me I notice a new conditioner can be amazing in the beginning and then fall flat a few weeks later. I will start with the scent. It smells wonderful! However, sometimes I notice the scent last all day and it doesn't always mix well with the other perfume I put on. I would suggest maybe making a scent free version or a lighter scent. This scent though smells so nice so if you don't wear much other stuff you can smell it pretty well all day. My hair is long and naturally curly. Thin not thick. I haven't cut it in 2 years due to any hair dresser chopping off my length and over layering. Just messing up my hair all the time! I do notice about 2 - 3 inches of hair at the bottom really dry and ready for a cut. As far as this conditioner making it softer, healthier, less split ends, etc. at the bottom because that would be a true test... I can't say it did anything for that area other than in the beginning it did feel softer.  As I used it after a few weeks the bottom more damaged area just feels the same dry that needs a cut. However! The top of my head and the healthy hair that doesn't need to be cut did become softer, shinier and just nicer all around. The conditioner I noticed I did use more product than I did with the matching shampoo. It did easily go through my hair and help me get any tangles out as I pulled it through my hair. With my hair being so long (practically to my butt) I normally need to use a lot more product anyway and I notice I do use more conditioner in general than shampoo so it could also just be me and the way my hair is. There was days I left it on for 5 minutes or so but leaving it on longer or shorter didn't make a difference in the feel or result after a shower. All in all I am very happy with the results! I would suggest using this conditioner if you haven't tried it. My hair before in the healthy areas was just dull and lack luster. Now it seems much nicer and I am excited to hopefully get a haircut a beautician won't screw up and enjoy this nice shiny new hair!  I received this free for testing purposes from Influenster.
Melissa H.
Pittsburgh, PA
I got this and the matching shampoo for free in a voxbox. I am in love! After using the shampoo, I used a quarter size amount for my medium length hair. It smells amazing! So refreshing, so clean, and if you are in a relationship your significant other will definitely notice! The enthralling smell lasts for quite some time! I focused most of the product onto my ends and worked the remaining product on my hands into my scalp. I left in on for a few minutes while I did other steps in my shower routine. I use a wide tooth comb to distribute the product more evenly and get out any tangles before rinsing. The product washes out so well! Most conditioners take quite awhile but this was great! I let my hair dry and comb occasionally throughout the drying time. Never has my hair smelled so good and felt so soft! I recommend Herbal Essences Deep Sea Minerals Conditioner to anyone and everyone! The best part of using these two products? No more flakes from my dry and itchy scalp! No more oily roots and dry ends! My holy grail!
Jennifer R.
Renton, WA
As I was rubbing the conditioner through my hair I started having clumps of hair just fall out into my hands. Fortunately the hair loss didn't continue throughout the day, but it was easily ten times more than the normal hair loss I expect in the tub or shower.

My scalp was slightly irritated throughout the day and sore the next morning, but I think that was the shampoo's fault. I don't rub conditioner into my scalp.

Beyond that, the conditionert didn't get that nice coat that helps hair be more manageable and help be undo any tangles in the tub. The bottle instructions said to rinse after conditioning rather than wait a few minutes and then rinse, which I thought was unusual.

The kelp smell was a little stronger than with the shampoo, and did leave a light seaweed type smell on my hair for a few hours.

My hair seemed more tangled than usual after and the next day, so I don't think it helped with manageability. I still had frizz as well. Otherwise, my hair did feel soft and flowy and look vibrant.
Update: I haven't used this since, but I did rub the shampoo on my left under-forearm and the conditioner on my right under-forum to test for any possible contact allergy and there was no reaction, so it is probable that the scalp irritation was from the hairloss alone and not from any potential allergy.
keiana G.
Portland, OR
Herbal essence has really amazed me with this one! I am so picky about what conditioner I use in my hair normally, after feeling how good the shampoo felt so light and clean I was not worried at all about putting this deep sea mineral aloe goodiness in my hair 😁💆🏽‍♀️ feels so clean and smells great!! Has a light ocean clean feel and your hair even if it is as thick as mine will feel lighter when using both of these products! I'm so glad I got to experience this side of herbal essence because honestly I would have never thought my hair could feel this way when using products outside my normal routine. I definitely will be using this in the future😏 because I am a let my hair air dry kind of chick ( lol) after I washed out Herbal Essences Deep Sea Minerals Conditioner I decided to add a little more because it smells so good!! Lol 😄😃
Katie M.
Ithaca, NY
Thank you Influenster for the free shampoo and conditioner! I don't go through it very fast, some bottles can last me over a year sometimes, but it's nice to have a new addition to my rotation. Since this shampoo and conditioner boasts scalp care I went ahead and put this conditioner right on my scalp as opposed to further down the strands like one would most conditioners (that's if you're looking to avoid oily hair). I like that it's not too heavy of a formula so this could be a nice option for limp, fine, or thin hair. But if you need thick and rich conditioner, this might not be the one for you. The scent is quite neutral or masculine, so if you're a fan of those types of scents as opposed to feminine fruity or floral scents, this is a wonderful option for you. I'm usually not a fan of such scents, but I'm actually quite enjoying it.
Faith S.
Woodbridge, VA
I was excited to get this conditioner, as I've been looking for a new one. I have curly, color treated hair, that tends to get dry in the winter and oily in the summer.

I tried the shampoo first, and the overwhelming floral smell turned to a nice "fresh" kind of scent. It was nice. The conditioner has the same scent.
The bottle says it's paraben free, which is important to me. I have short hair, so I didn't need a whole lot. I only wash my hair twice a week, so I see these bottles lasting me quite a while.

The conditioner didn't feel heavy or greasy, it did feel kind of creamy. I left it on for about 5 minutes, as that seems to be the real test for me. If something feels too heavy or greasy after that, I generally don't buy it. This, however, still felt light after having it in for that long. It rinsed out cleanly, and I didn't feel like there was a residue, which you get with some products. Yuck!

I feel like it helped to soothe my scalp, which has been angry because of the extreme cold and dry weather. It's been about an hour since I showered, and I decided to let my hair air dry, to see if there was a ton of frizz with my curls. So far, so good. And that's a big plus in my book. It also doesn't feel like my hair is weighed down, even after having left the conditioner in for a good 5 minutes. And the fresh scent is still pleasing.

All in all, I would definitely recommend this shampoo and conditioner. This was my very first VoxBox, so I was super excited to be able to get it for free and try it.
Britany C.
Logan, UT
This scent smells light and luxurious - just like a spa! I love the upgraded Herbal Essences packaging. The silver accents and sleek design make me feel like I'm using fancy shampoo and conditioner (not just drugstore!). This Deep Sea Minerals version of the bio:renew line is designed for scalp balance. I could easily run this conditioner through my hair to get rid of any tangles, and it rinsed out easily while leaving my hair soft. After using this and the matching shampoo, my hair and scalp felt squeaky clean. I have issues with scalp psoriasis, and this didn't cause a flare-up like drugstore shampoos have for me in the past, and I hope with continued use it will keep my scalp healthy and free of any buildup. I have noticed that after several uses my hair felt drier and my curls/waves were less defined than usual. I think this is great to use as a clarifying treatment a couple of times a week, though! *I received this conditioner for free through influenster in exchange for an honest review*
Ashsa M.
Ellijay, GA
I can't wait to try this!! Has anyone tried yet???
Jennifer R.
Renton, WA
Has anyone else experienced unusually high hair loss with the Herbal Essences Deep Sea Minerals Shampoo and Herbal Essences Deep Sea Minerals Conditioner? I want to know if this is a fluke coincidence or a trend before I risk trying them again.