4 colors available

BY HERBAL ESSENCES #52 in Dry Shampoo

The Experts at Vidal Sassoon bring you salon color expertise. Get the long lasting, vibrant color you crave! see more...

• Does this turn your hair white?1 Answers
  • Is it the best you've tried so far and how about the scent?10 Answers
  • I have considered buying this dry shampoo. I have long, waist lengt...1 Answers
Ciara S.
Ciara S.
Temecula, CA
Review for: Color
I really wanted to love this dry shampoo because I am a fan of their Color Me Happy Shampoo and Conditioner, but I wasn't very impressed. I dye my hair a vibrant red so I do what I can to preserve my color and that includes not washing my hair every single day if I can help it. I have a lot of hair but fine hair and it tends to get oily by day 2 of no shampooing so I decided to try this. It was pretty easy to apply and it smells good, but it feels heavy and my hair felt coated... not "fresh" at all after a few hours. It's great if your in a bind and need to get rid of any oily sheen (and flat limp hair that comes with it) but I washed it out asap the next morning. I will say that this stuff does give your hair volume but beware of how much you put in and keep it as close to the roots as you can.
Julia Lizeth Lear 31635 G.
Julia Lizeth Lear 31635 G.
Miami , FL
Review for: Color
I bought this because i was tired of using my usual batiste and i like to change things up. they didn't have the dove dry shampoo i was looking for, but i saw that herbal essences had come out with a dry shampoo, and it was for colour treated hair. awesome! the price wasn't bad either, so i was stoked.

the scent was amazing, it smells just like colour me happy shampoo and the scent actually lingers. however, when i used this product my hair felt REALLY gritty and i figured it was because i didn't properly brush out the product or something. the fact that it's been recently processed made sense why adding product to my hair was gonna leave this kind of feeling.
Mary W.
Mary W.
Easton
Review for: Color
I have three foot long hair, thick as a brick- so you can imagine that washing it can be a chore. I've bought and tried many, many dry shampoo methods, both bottled and homemade, and I must say: this is my favorite. It sprays on easily, doesn't leave any strange powder on the hair, always puffs the grease and sweat right off my roots, and smells just lovely. I'm a big fan of Herbal Essences' "Color Me Happy" scent- a big, robust garden rose - so I buy this even though my hair is not color-treated. Truly the least fussy dry shampoo I've ever used, and a staple of my beauty arsenal (particularly for travel).
Randi L.
Randi L.
Rotonda West, FL
Review for: Color
I don't wash my hair that often since it's colored, so I've tried a bunch of different dry shampoos. This one's definitely one of my favorites - I'm really not sure about it preserving my color anything, but it works well to keep my hair looking awesome, and I really like the scent. Plus, the price isn't too shabby - it's about five bucks at Walmart.

One thing I did notice, however, is that if you use it too much, you'll start to get some flakes...though I guess the only solution to that is to not use it as much ;D I would definitely recommend giving this a shot, even if it's just for the scent!
Ruth G.
Ruth G.
Gainesville, GA
Review for: Color
I have wanted to try a dry shampoo for some time now and decided to give HE a try. I have always enjoyed their products before. I don't have another brand to compare it to at this time, but I must say that I have not been very satisfied with it. First the smell, HE is awesome with it's smells on shampoo/conditioner but this product does not have a good smell. To me it smells almost like a burnt hairdryer smell. My hair doesn't feel refreshed or freshly washed either. It has a very dry, brittle feel to it...almost like hairspray feel. I have used it for a month and ready to give others a try.
Lauren R.
Lauren R.
Spring , TX
Review for: Color
I just bought this dry shampoo and haven't washed my hair since yesterday specifically to try it out and I love it almost as much as my Batiste dry shampoo which has never let me down! It has such an refreshing fruity smell to it like you just go out of the shower! I would definitely recommend this product! I'm smelling my hair as we speak because it smells that good! I have really thin hair so it gets greasy really easily and this helps me out a lot. As for the color, since I've only used it twice I can't be sure about how good it keeps it so stay tuned!
Jordan C.
Jordan C.
Baltimore, MD
Review for: Floz
I love herbal essences, but this dry shampoo was not very good. The only reason I'm not giving it a 1 star is that it was passable to use in if you didn't have anything else. However, it made my hair feel crunchy and stiff and it didn't remove the oil very well. There are way better dry shampoos for way cheaper. Also, the smell was weird. I'm not normally a person that is sensitive to smell at all, but it smelled like... sticky hairspray. Almost like Aquanet did in the 90s. (very keen memories of that smell when my mother did my hair for dance recitals).
Emily G.
Emily G.
Review for: Color
I'm pretty much a newbie when it comes to dry shampoos. At first use, I had used it all wrong and had hated it until a friend of mine showed me the proper way to use. I do enjoy using this product now and have been using this brand for a while. The scent is very fresh and leaves my scalp feeling really refreshed especially with the heat we've been having here in the Midwest. I keep it in my work bag and use it more often than I thought I would. It also surprisingly helps keep my updo's in place. For beach weather, this helps keep me cool as a cucumber.
Chelsea S.
Chelsea S.
Knights ferry , Ca
Review for: Color
I'm always on a lookout for a good dry shampoo, this one caught my eye because I color my hair! I like this product because it does do the job of covering up two day unwashed hair, although it is kind of heavy on my thin/fine hair (Most products are though). The way I like to apply it is but taking a brush and just brushing out my hair first, then parting my hair in four different sections just to make sure I hide the greasiness. I go ahead and spray the product, run my hands through it , give it a little shake and wahla! No more greasy mess!
Adreanna R.
Adreanna R.
Spring Creek , Nv
Review for: Color
With pregnancy came greasy oily hair. I get half way through the day and look like I need a shower! So when I say this dry shampoo is a life saver I mean it. Before this product I was using a product that cost me $25 and it left my hair looking dull and still looked dirty. I tried 6 different dry shampoos before stumbling upon this one. I have never been more pleased with my hair and how clean it looks. It doesn't reduce shine but thoroughly absorbs all of the oil, I carry mine in my purse! I recommend purchasing this product.
Zesmin M.
Zesmin M.
Los Angeles, CA
Is it the best you've tried so far and how about the scent?
Christine K.
Christine K.
North Augusta, SC
Has anyone tried this ? What do you think compared to others?
kimberly w.
kimberly w.
Leominster, MA
does this leave a white cast on dark hair?
Ashley G.
Ashley G.
Does this product last 24hrs or do I have to constantly reapply?
Sedona C.
Sedona C.
Stanton, CA
Do it have a strong overwhelming smell to it?