BY HERBAL ESSENCES

Conditions for Soft, Resilient Hair

Herbal Essences Rejuvenate Bourbon Manuka Honey Shampoo is a moisturizing shampoo that infuses hair with the hydration it needs for more manageable hair that’s less prone to damage and split ends.

• Herbal Essences Bourbon Manuka Honey moisturizing shampoo rejuvenates dull, lifeless hair by restoring moisture and shine
  • Crafted with bio:renew’s blend of essential antioxidants, aloe and sea kelp, Herbal Essences Bourbon Manuka Honey shampoo brings your hair back to life
  • Herbal Essences Bourbon Manuka Honey moisturizing shampoo is color-safe, pH-balance, silicones free, parabens free, gluten free and without colorants
  • Soothing notes of honeyed plum, white florals and precious woods
  • Made at a Zero Manufacturing Waste to Landfill Site

Ingredients: Water/eau, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Citrate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Stearyl Alcohol, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Xylenesulfonate, Bourbon Extract, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Honey Extract/extrait De Miel, Histidine, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Ecklonia Radiata Extract, Fragrance/parfum, Cetyl Alcohol, Citric Acid, Sodium Benzoate, Polyquaternium-6, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Tetrasodium Edta, Trihydroxystearin, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone.

• Has anyone tried this herbal essence bourbon honey shampo...10 Answers
  • How does it smell?!13 Answers
  • Did anyone else notice a reduction in tangles after using...5 Answers
Buy on ULTA*
Janet M.
Free shampoo, check. Free conditioner, check. Will I purchase this product in the future, unlikely. Maybe I had too high of expectations being a natural lover of #herbalessences and #bourban, but unfortunately I came to the conclusion it is just an inferior product. Upon first sniff I was bombarded with a familiar scent of the old Victoria Secret spray Amber Something or other, not a 100% sure what it was called, but it was very popular in 2004. It is one of my least favorite smells in the whole world right next to lovespell. Despite my issue with the smell I carried on and proceeded to use the shampoo. I had to do like a triple check, because the actual shampoo and conditioner had the same look and consistency. Slight problem for someone that wears glasses normally and is quite blind when she showers! At the end of the day my hair was abnormally oily. Overall it is a fairly heavy product with an overwhelming smell. Herbal Essences Bourbon Manuka Honey ShampooHerbal Essences Bourbon Manuka Honey Conditioner
Nichole H.
Philadelphia, PA
The first thing I noticed about Herbal Essences Bourbon Manuka Honey Shampoo and Conditioner were the words "Manuka Honey". I had never heard of this type of honey before, so I did a little research. What I found is that Manuka Honey has the ability to do some amazing things for our hair. For starters, it's a humectant, which means it will retain moisture in our hair. Manuka Honey also has emollient properties, which can make hair softer and smoother. Rich in antioxidants, it can also reverse scalp damage, strengthening hair follicles in the process and allowing for healthier hair growth. In my opinion, the ability to lock in moisture, reduce breakage, boost hair growth, fight bacteria, & add shine is a perfect equation for total hair rejuvenation! Now the question is, can Herbal Essences Bio:Renew Bourbon Manuka Honey shampoo & conditioner accomplish all of this? Of course, Manuka Honey itself would probably be the better choice. However, for me, the lack of time and discipline to make my own daily Manuka honey shampoo recipe, makes this my next best option!

In my opinion, the shampoo & conditioner scent is a combination of woodsy & sweet. It may be off putting to some, but I found it very enjoyable. A subtle, pleasant fragrance was left on my hair after I dried it. Both the shampoo & conditioner rinsed easily & cleanly, and did not weigh down my hair. I have thin hair, so a heavy product can be easily identified because it will make my hair flat and noticably weighed down. I didn't experience this with either product.

Believe it or not, I do feel like I saw an improvement in the quality of my hair after using Herbal Essences Bio:Renew Bourbon Manuka Honey Shampoo & Conditioner. I was shocked after one use to feel a noticeable difference in the softness of my hair! I couldn't stop running my hands through it because I was amazed at how soft & smooth my hair felt. My hair is damaged, and normally feels very dry and frizzy! The longer I used these products, the better the results I saw. After about a month of use, I can say with certainty that my hair is not as dry and rough, it has less split ends, is much softer & shinier, and overall appears healthier! I am very happy with the results I'm getting from this system. Maybe one day I'll attempt a diy Manuka Honey hair recipe, but until then, I'll stick with the ease & effectiveness of Herbal Essences Bio:Renew Rejuvenate Bourbon Manuka Honey Shampoo & Conditioner!
Caitlin W.
Brooklyn, NY
After maybe using this shampoo 5 or 6 times since receiving it (not washing my hair everyday- I shampoo and condition maybe every 2 days), I can say I like it. It's a good shampoo (& works well with its conditioner). But I don't find it to be overly special and it's not a miracle worker. It's instant gratification in a bottle for me.

The shampoo is a creamy, pearly white color (not clear) and smells good. It has a sweet, slightly candy-ish, scent with a woodsy undertone (it may not be for everyone). My hair washes well with it & took to it nicely since I've been using the same type of shampoo forever (color-safe for my dyed hair). It doesn't strip or fade the color in my hair and puts a moisture in it. Combined with the conditioner, it's great. I can brush through my hair with no problem. I usually air dry my hair (sometimes putting it up in a messy bun for a bit) & my hair still feels soft & smooth & shiny (not like oil). My hair looks rejuvenated. I don't get any frizziness. It's also not heavy feeling. My scalp doesn't become itchy either.

However, as I stated above, for me it's instant gratification in a bottle. The day of washing & conditioning - awesome! My hair feels great. The day after, my hair feels fine but not completely smooth & moisturized, & the day after that, my scalp produces the usual amount of oil (so I know I need to shampoo again) & my ends feel dry again because there's just so much damage (not cutting, dyeing with permanent color & bleaching the ends to put in fun colors can do that). The shampoo doesn't make my hair better with each washing. It's like Cinderella - it'll feel & look great the day I use it, but eventually it'll turn back into the proverbial pumpkin of being its normal state.

The shampoo doesn't claim to perform miracles. It does what it says: it rejuvenates, it brings your hair back to life by making it shiny & moisturized & not dull. But the rejuvenation is temporary, only when you use it. It doesn't say that over time your hair will become more moisturized & shiny. It also says it'll make your hair less prone to split ends, but I already have split ends. Maybe once I cut it, I can test that theory.

I recommend the shampoo. It does what it says & most likely is affordable. It has some pretty good ingredients in it (but it does have sulfates in it). I will continue to use it and maybe in the future I'll purchase it with my own money since I got it for free in the VoxBox to review it. But it's not special since there are a lot of great moisturizing shampoos out on the market.
Tatum S.
La Mirada, CA
Super excited to receive my Herbal Essence Bio Renew VoxBox from Influenster..... I tried it on myself - my hair is oily and very chemically damaged, my daughter - her hair has only been chemically treated a couple times, and my 5 year old son who has hair down to his bottom. It definitely made my hair feel clean and smelled amazing. It didn’t feel too soft, which to me is important. My daughters hair felt amazing!!!! It smelled amazing, and was almost completely tangle free. However my sons hair was turned into a big huge knot. It was horrible. I wouldn’t use this on his hair again, but definitely will be buying my daughter more of the Bio Renew products for her hair because it made it look and feel amazing. I would definitely use it again myself. It didn’t moisturize my hair as much as I would like, but my hair looked amazing.
Laura T.
Phoenixville, PA
BOURBON! WHAT? That's the first thing I saw and boy was I excited to get this!! LOL! My hair got drunk, but I didn't! Perfect world! The scent was different then any other I have used, not in a bad scent way, just surprising. A wonderful surprise! They thought outside the box with this whole new shampoo and conditioner campaign. From the wording and type of product to the scent and I couldn't be happier to see it! As we all know it all starts to blend together, the same old thing product after product while you go down the aisle. When I received this is was a positive surprise to see. When I used it, that night, I knew we had ourselves something fresh and new. I will be buying this when it comes to market. I like different things that turn out to be a good thing. And who can say no to Bourbon in their shampoo and conditioner? Plus, it really works well too! My hair felt soft and less frizzy.
Kayleigh S.
Quincy, IL
I'm not normally one of those people that enjoys switching shampoos and conditioners on a whim, but I knew as soon as these arrived that I had to give it a go.
First, these SMELL FANTASTIC. I'm pretty sensitive to scents and I knew that if they were too strong I'd automatically dislike them. Herbal Essences is one of those brands I can trust, though, when it comes to knowing what combinations smell amazing and they've come through yet again.
Second, I LOVE these. Again, I've always trusted Herbal Essences but this shampoo is fantastic. My hair is frizzy and dry but even just the shampoo has made a huge difference just one wash in. I knew it would be fantastic but I honestly didn't think it would make such an extreme, noticeable difference that quickly. I had no idea this combination would end up being potentially the answer to my haircare needs (I am SUPER hands-off, probably need to do way more work than I do on my hair, etc) but here we are. I'm super happy, and next time I need to buy shampoo I know exactly what I'll be getting. My hair is so soft and shiny and I don't feel any buildup, nor do I feel like it was TOO cleansing and stripped my scalp of moisture. I love it!
(I received a full-size product for free to try from Influenster in exchange for my honest review!)
Teea S.
MOORPARK, CA
Info about me - I find knowing what type of hair the reviewer has helps. :P
I am a 24 year old female. I live in Southern California, if you live in a humid climate I don't know how this would affect it.  I have
not colored my hair in over 4 years so I currently have "virgin" hair. I
suffer from dandruff, itchy scalp, and A TON of frizz. I have very thick, wavy hair.

I want to start by saying this is the only shampoo I have ever used that makes my hair feel softer immediately after using it. The conditoner to match is nice, but not needed!

I am so impressed with this shampoo! I wanted to give it a fair shot before writing my review and looking back, I don't even think i needed to wait. I typically wash my hair twice a week (sometimes more depending on the weather/amount of activity I do) so I did the same thing with this shampoo. I previously used head and shoulders (another shampoo influenster turned me on to!) but needed to switch it up because it was adding TOO much moisture for my hair, and that wasn't needed anymore (since I no longer color my hair).

This Herbal Essences shampoo not only smells amazing, but it does a fantastic job at detangling my hair as well. I have very wavy, frizzy, thick hair. So finding a shampoo that tames my frizz and helps my itchy scalp issues as well is DIFFICULT. I am so impressed with how amazing this shampoo smells, and how good it makes my scalp feel! I haven't been using it long enough to see a significant decrease in my dandruff issues, but will update if necessary. My hair is significantly softer than before, and I think I found my new favorite shampoo! Overall I would give this shampoo a 5/5, very very impressed!

Marlena T.
Oxford, MA
I have been buying salon shampoos for many years. I am trying to be more budget conscious due to recent life events, and trying to replace some beauty products with more cost effective options. I have fine hair that is a bit on the dry side, but it looks oily if I go without washing it for a day. I need shampoo that hydrates my hair without weighing it down, or coating it. I decided to try this shampoo, because in terms of mass market/drugstore brands I feel as though Herbal Essences is one that I can trust. This shampoo is paraben free which is great, it is also silicone free which is also great since silicone will coat fine hair and weigh it down. The down side is that it is not sulfate free-- which at the moment is fine for me as I pretty much have virgin hair as I have not colored in several years due to the damage from last time, if I start coloring again I am not sure will be a viable option due to the fact it contains sulfates-- but for now it is fine. The first time I used this I really liked it, it lathered nicely, and my hair which tangles a lot was very manageable and easy to brush. My hair looked and felt soft and clean, it also was not greasy and gross looking the next day-- which is a major plus for me-- I can go 2 days between washes. As for the scent I can see where some might not like it-- but it does not bother me as I like deeper scents, to me it does not smell like bourbon, it smells more like an amber blend, but I think it is nice!!!! I also bought the conditioner and used it with it. I waited to use it a couple of times before deciding to write a review to see if the experience or my opinion had changed-- it did not-- I like it a lot, and I would buy it again.
Kristen D.
Johnson City, NY
I'm honestly torn on this. I really want to like it. I love Herbal Essences and have used this brand since I was a child. But this one, I'm not a huge fan of.

First off, the scent- when you pop the top like you're going to use it, it smells very light and feminine. But if you twist the top off entirely, it's very heavy and manly. When I used it, it smelled so strong. I felt like I had just dumped a whole bottle of cologne over my head.

Second, it claims to be color safe. I'm not sure if that means natural-color safe, but I have pink and blue hair. While washing, the lather turned super dark purple. It pulled a lot of color out of my hair. This isn't new color either. It isn't still washing out from being freshly done. The other shampoo/conditioner I use does not turn the lather the color of my hair. It was very disappointing.

Third, it made my scalp really really dry. I have dry skin because I shower in hot water, but I don't have awful dandruff. This dried my scalp so badly that even Snapchat filters couldn't hide it.

However, I do like how soft my hair felt after it dried.

I would not recommend this if you have unnatural colored hair or if you're sensitive to scent.
Katie H.
Sterling, VA
This product has stolen my heart!

I have very dry brittle damaged hair from bleaching, blow drying and straightening on a regular basis. Because of this, I tend to buy expensive hair products to try and reverse the damage as much as possible. I received a bottle of Herbal Essences Bourbon Manuka Honey Shampoo to try for free via Voxbox and I have been blown away by the quality.

I wanted to give a full and honest review, so I used the shampoo several times before posting. First, the smell is amazing! I am used to fruity or fresh scented shampoos - this one is completely different. The smell is deep, sultry and seductive - which I love. In the shower, it lathers up nicely and does not leave any residue when rinsed out. I followed each application with the Herbal Essences Bourbon Manuka Honey Conditioner which also rinsed out nicely.

When blow drying my hair, I was happily surprised how balanced my hair felt. I have used products in the past that leave my hair feeling over moisturized, heavy, greasy and flat. Not so with this product! My hair blew out nicely, it was still bouncy, frizz free and smooth. It is color safe, I bleach my hair and I did not have any problems related to that.

I am so happy I was selected to try out this shampoo, I have definitely found a new product that I love and will be purchasing in the future.
Mhailene M.
Roswell, GA
How does it smell?!
Britney S.
warfield, KY
Has anyone tried this herbal essence bourbon honey shampoo and conditioner? And what are your personal reviews #influester #freebie Herbal Essences Bourbon Manuka Honey ShampooHerbal Essences Bourbon Manuka Honey Conditioner
Mary B.
Simpsonville, SC
Did anyone else notice a reduction in tangles after using these products?