BY HERBAL ESSENCES

Body Envy Volumizing Shampoo will Show you the Difference Between Body & Big Hair. With Botanical Silk. Shampoo Cleans to Reveal Natural Shine. Turn Up the Volume It s all about body with a lightweight formula fused with passion flower sunrise and pearl. This exhilarating clean will lift you up. And the fresh lather will leave you with lush, full volume that moves naturally.  Think this volumizing shampoo is uplifting? Try the conditioner. Why we love it:  Take those stunning strands to higher ground by lathering up with this lightweight formula.  Just as Citrus is exhilarating, this formula gives your luscious locks body and bounce.  H.

• My hair is so thin and flat. It's always so hard for me to find a...3 Answers
  • Does this really give you volume?3 Answers
  • Is this product safe for color treated hair? I couldn't find wher...2 Answers
Alyee H.
I have naturally pin straight-medium thickness hair that is dyed platinum blonde. The main issues I have is split-ends and my scalp often gets oily as well as my face. Since I do dye it often I tend to stick to things that work and switching them out every couple of months. I normally have trouble finding products that don’t completely dry out my hair or leave it feeling extra greasy/oily. I found with the Herbal Essences Body Envy it did not leave my hair greasy/oily and left it feeling clean.

Packaging: The bottle is very large and will obviously last a long time being that it is 1 liter (33.8 FL oz.). So the theme of the bottle line is Body Envy with “unforgettable fragrances for your hair”. The bottle is a vibrant orange color with pictures of oranges leaving you to believe the scent is an orange/citrus one. The bottle is recyclable #2.

The text on the back is white and is a little hard to read unless you hold the bottle in your hands, probably a tactic to get you to interact with the bottle. On the back you find out that it contains Vitamin C to boost more immunity for your hair.

The pump was easy to open and lasted several accidental drops in the shower. I love/hate the pump idea because I sometimes throw my shampoo/conditioners (yes, full sized) into my luggage for a small/mid trip and having the pump creates an issue with traveling such as the fear of it breaking or losing more product when you want to lock it. I love the pump because it is easiest way get any product out.

Ingredients: This is not SLS free and contains sodium lauryl sulfate which is an inexpensive chemical found in mainstream personal hygiene products. This is what creates the lather in the shampoo. Contrary to public perception that SLS is a hazard to your health is not scientifically supported. Do your research and you can easily find academic published articles out there.

Smell: After opening from the plastic wrap you could instantly smell the citrus aroma and with that I thought it was going to be an overly scented product. I did however find that to be wrong when I used it for the first time and pumped out the shampoo and started lathering into my hair. I found that the scent wasn’t overwhelming as when I opened the bottle to take a whiff or concentrated in my hand. I personally loved the light scent of oranges. Also my hair smells great damp and faintly noticeable after drying and adding other products.

Use: The shampoo does come with a decent sized pump and I do find that I get more than enough product with one single full pump and I have more than 22” of hair. I do like to buy either shampoos that focus on giving volume or hydration. I would say that I did not notice a difference really in the volume of my hair after completely drying and it did it was very subtle. Although it may not have added volume I did like the way the shampoo lathered and felt after rinsing out. My hair felt slightly dry (slightly stripped) after shampooing out, but not as drastic/scary as other competitive shampoos have. This was easily remedied after using the corresponding Body Envy conditioner.

The shampoo is medium thickness and does spread very easily. I would say you get a good amount of the sudsy/foam while lathering. I did feel my hair was clean after washing out.

Price: The price is great for the quantity of product you get. I find the quality to be decent and it works for me.

Overall: I loved the shampoo and can see myself purchasing in the future for an easy go to affordable shampoo. The price, quality and quantity of the shampoo you get it’s a good deal. Not all shampoos are created equal, whereas I have found products that are very expensive that don’t work and inexpensive brands that work amazingly. I think you have to find the product that works with your hair chemistry. I really like the fact that this shampoo left my hair feeling clean and with a light citrus scent. It did not add volume as it claims so whether it’s my hair or the product I am not sure.

I received this item free for my honest review. Every review I do is based 100% off of my experience with the product and I do not guarantee a positive review. I received these products complimentary from Influenster for testing purposes.
Candace K.
I have naturally curly (3b curls) hair. This is not the ideal product for curly hair at all. I stopped using shampoo altogether a few years ago, which I know sounds gross, but for curly hair, it really isn't needed. Shampoo basically cleanses the hair by removing natural oils found in the follicles, and for straight/wavy hair, that's fine! Your oils should return and keep your hair healthy. This isn't the case for me. My hair once cleansed is dry. Extremely dry. So I make up for it with a ton of conditioner and leave-in products. Influenster sent me an Herbal Essences box full of the Body Envy line, so I tried it out.

It is transparent and orange and is a little bit thinner than honey. The shampoo lathered up well and smells very pleasant - like oranges. Once I was rinsing it out I immediately noticed my hair soaking it up and drying it out. I can tell because it changed the texture of my hair. So I had a difficult time trying to comb it out with the shampoo in it. It matted up my hair and made tangles even more tangled. It also just made my hair feel coarse. So I don't think shampoo is for me. That being said, I'm sure it will work well for other hair types. As for a volumizing shampoo, I didn't really notice an increase in volume. Maybe very, very slightly.

I received this product free from Influenster but that does not affect my opinion. My opinion is my own.
Shannon R.
I am absolutely in love with both the Herbal Essences Body Envy Shampoo and Conditioners! Since cutting my hair from past my belt to just above my shoulders I noticed I lost a bit of bounce and volume, not to mention it's started to look a bit oily a day after washing. Since I've been using the shampoo and conditioner combo every time I wash (two to three times a week) not only do I have my fullness back but the shine, softness and manageability lasts much longer. Giving me a couple of "good hair days". Not to mention the smell, a simply delicious citrus that's lovely without being too much. While I plan to try a couple others in this line as well, I will be repurchasing the Body Envy shampoo and conditioners when I start to run low and certainly recommend to anyone looking for a bit of volume.
[I received this product complimentary for testing purposes, however all thoughts and opinions are always 100% my own.]
Bronwyn L.
Portland, OR
I usually use a higher end brand of shampoo and conditioner, but I recently ran out and I was in a pinch so after work- into Target I went and down the hair care isle I walked. There were so many choices, but I used to use Herbal Essences in high school so I thought I'd look there. I saw the Volumizing shampoo and conditioner and smelled it and it smelled great! Very fruity and citrus-y and since it claimed to add volume I thought I'd give it a try. Found that it leaves my hair soft and smelling great. Don't notice a ton of volume on it's own, but I do always use a root booster and this one doesn't weigh my hair down. It just leaves it clean and smelling really nice.
Cyndi R.
Raleigh, NC
I got this as a part of the Herbal Essences Vox Box and I gave it a try the very same night. Packaging was nice, as with all Herbal Essences products. The smell was very nice and citrusy. I liked how much it lathered. I always like a strong lather, I feel like if it isn't lathered nice that it's not washing thoroughly. Overall, I nice product. I did experience a little buildup from it and I may go back to my normal shampoo. It did give my hair some volume though. I'd recommend someone try it. It may be different for them!

I was given this product free to try, but all opinions are my own.
Christina S.
I have always been a fan of herbal essence products so when I was offered for me and my girls to get to test their Body Envy shampoo for free thanks to Herbal Essence and BzzAgent, we jumped at the chance! I was expecting a little more from herbal essence. There is a light citrus scent but I am just use to the wonderful powerful scents of herbal essence shampoos and this one just didn't do it for me, unfortunately. It wasn't all bad, it did leave our hair shiny and with a little more volume but we will stick to one of their other shampoos in the future.
Yoly O.
Cutler Bay, FL
I received a bottle of Herbal Essences Body Envy Volumizing Shampoo from Influenster and exclusively used it for an entire week. The first thing I noticed was the fantastic aroma coming from the bottle. It made me think I was at a citrus farm.
I wet my long locks and began lathering my scalp. While there were a lot of suds, the thing I loved the most was how squeaky clean my scalp felt when I was done. This shampoo didn't disappoint!

*Disclaimer: I received this product from Influenster to test and review but the opinions are mine.*
Gemma H.
I love the scent of this product, and it cleans very well. It's quite a joy to use, and the colorful packaging is also very cheerful. I prefer the hairspray from this collection, as far as effectiveness goes. I take away one star for THIS product simply because I don't find that it really volumizes any better than any other shampoo. But my hair is very lazy anyway, so not much works to give it life. I'm sure if I used this shampoo in combination with other products it could do the trick.
Reba B.
-I got this product for free for testing purposes.

After using this shampoo, I Instantly fell in love with the smell of citrus! I can't say much about the volumizing effect, but it makes my hair feel very soft (even the ends!), something I've been missing from my traditional moisture + shampoo. I am very pleased to use this product and recommend it to new users. It makes ky hair feel very clean, light, and fresh.

NOTE: THIS REVIEW IS BASED ON A WEEKS USAGE, NOT LONG TERM USE!
Stephanie S.
I just recently switched back to this shampoo..from my very expensive salon grade shampoo. I switch every 6 months or so and then go back later. I remembered using this some years ago and LOVING IT. It still smells amazing and lathers nicely! SUPER affordable and can be purchased anywhere!!! It doesn't weight my hair down and did give it an extra bump of volume. So- it hasn't let me down....maybe I won't even need to switch back to my expensive shampoo??!! Time will tell!!!
Ana A.
Sn Bernrdno, CA
Does it really give volume ? I been wanting to get a shampoo that really gives me that volume for my hair and don't have to worry by the middle of the day that is going to be flat
Kathryn C.
Cullman, AL
I have thick hair. Is it worth it?
Erica P.
San Antonio, TX
Do They Sell Them In travel sizes
Christina S.
Beauty Junkie Expert
My hair is so thin and flat. It's always so hard for me to find a shampoo that gives me volume without making my hair oily. Will this make my hair "puff" up? And would it make my roots oily?
Jenny D.
Does this really give your hair volume?