BY HERBAL ESSENCES

Conditions Fine Hair to Maintain Volume

Herbal Essences Refresh Blue Ginger Foam Conditioner is specifically crafted with naturally inspired ingredients to refresh and detangle strands by conditioning without the weight.

• bio:renew Blue Ginger Foam Conditioner weightlessly conditions fine hair for refreshed and detangled strands
  • Use in-shower by applying a palm-sized amount from root to tip, let it absorb, then rinse for voluminous results
  • Whipped with our signature bio:renew blend of antioxidants, aloe and sea kelp
  • Color-safe, pH-balanced with 0% parabens and colorants
  • Delicate notes of ginger, floral bouquets and clean musk

Ingredients :

Water/Eau, Isobutane, Propane, Cetrimonium Chloride, Cetearyl Alcohol, Alpinia Galanga Rhizome Extract, Betula Alba Bark Extract, Histidine, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Ecklonia Radiata Extract, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Fragrance/Parfum, Pvp, Phenoxyethanol, Quaternium-80, Propylene Glycol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Disodium Edta, Niacinamide.

• Dumb, but serious question. It says it contains wheat ger...5 Answers
  • Does any think that this conditionee doesn't detangle as ...5 Answers
  • How well does this work on curly and dry hair?4 Answers
Carley P.
I started out loving this product. Typically, Herbal Essences is one of my favorite hair products. The fact that it is healthy for your hair is a great bonus. Directions say to apply the foam to scalp and work it down your hair. I, having hair with an oily tendency, was a little put off by the fact that it requested I put conditioner on my scalp. But for the sake of an honest review, I did as instructed. The first was was a amazing. I was singing praises all day. It left my hair feeling soft, but light. My hair was PERFECT. Second wash (3 days later because my hair is on a 3/4day wash schedule), My hair felt weighted down from the conditioner the next morning. This is something I struggle with across brands, so I was disappointed to see my favorite brand do it as well.

Since then, I have skipped using the foaming conditioner and just use the shampoo, and I love it.

I rated 4 stars because of my experience from the second wash, as well as the fact that the foam is just difficult and awkward. I have long thick hair so coverage is difficult sometimes. This foam leaves no residue behind while you're working it through your hair, so it's difficult to tell which places are covered and which spots need more attention. I was originally slightly weirded out by the whole foam concept, but I could have put that aside if the product worked. I'll keep giving it a try to see if it gets better.
Kristin P.
Modesto , CA
First off, I want to say that I’m TOTALLY grateful to Influenster for picking me to review these products. That said, this review is completely honest and my own opinion.

I thought the idea of an in shower foam conditioner was neat, if not for its uniqueness alone. Upon trying the Blue Ginger Foam Conditioner the first time, I liked the fact that it was easy to apply for the most part and it smelled good. I have a lot of hair and tend to “over” condition sometimes, but I didn’t feel like this conditioner conditioned my hair enough and I found myself using a little of my regular conditioner after I rinsed this out.

Where I’m most baffled though, is in its ingredients. I was rather alarmed to see the second and third ingredients to be ISOBUTANE and PROPANE, respectively. Now, I don’t know about you, but when I think of those products, I think of flammable liquids and fuel for lighters. I understand that ISOBUTANE is a necessary gas used in aerosol products, but I’m not sure why PROPANE needs to be in this product?

The Herbal Essence website has a very in depth ingredient list, but ISOBUTANE and PROPANE are not listed whatsoever on the explanation page, which I don’t understand if they’re backing these ingredients up as safe. At the very least, they need to list their reasoning in using these ingredients so people don’t freak out.

Because of these two ingredients just don’t sound like something I want to rub all over my hair, I just don’t know if I can use this conditioner again and I didn’t love it anyway. These ingredients are not in the shampoo, which I plan to leave a much more positive review for.
Peggy C.
springfield, TN
I feel like the first thing that needs to be mentioned about this product is you really do need to give it a chance you don't need as much as you would think you would and don't judge it on what your hair feels like in the shower while it's still wet I have found that while you're conditioning your hair and when you Rents It it feels a bit dry like you need more conditioner or simply a different conditioner however once you dry your hair whether that be with a blow dryer or simply let it towel dry and air dry your hair transforms into the smoothest softest cleanest most beautiful hair you have ever had the first time I use this conditioner I was really concerned and I thought oh this is a fail it doesn't really do the job must be the type of conditioner because I had never used a foam conditioner before and then my hair started to dry and all of a sudden I noticed it was the smoothest and softest the next day I struggled to find any hair clips that would contain my hair because it was so smooth and So Soft that it just kept sliding out of my Clips I finally had to use a scrunchie two days later it still felt soft and clean and I was able to style it with my curling iron and everything without a problem I am beyond impressed this conditioner has truly converted me to a foam conditioner versus a cream conditioner
Margaret g.
El Centro, CA
Herbal Essences Blue Ginger Foam Conditioner I really wanted to love this, but my ringlet curls we're not a fan. I felt as though I was using way more product then normal to evenly distribute into my hair, granted I have longer hair. (It's to my waist) After letting it sit until it absorbed, per the directions, my hair smelled amazing. But it left my hair more tangled then normal, and I did not rub it into my hair. Mearly ran it through the bottom and ends, and still felt it tangled more. It also did not hydrate or do anything great for my curls. It left them drier and slightly frizzy, it would not be something I recommend to a curly girl, a straight normal hair combo more so. I referred to it as a scent booster, the next time I flat ironed my hair I used it in the shower and my hair smelled great longer. My younger child used it, she has normal straight hair, and it worked beautifully. She had bounce and volume, and the scent lingered for a few days. Even after a bath. It also didn't leave her hair any more tangled then usual. I gave three stars since it did not work for curly hair, but straight hair it did. And for being a good hair scent booster. *I received a free trial size sample via @Influenster in a #VoxBox for my honest and unbiased review of @HerbalEssance products. All thoughts and reviews are my own. #Influenster #HerbalEssance #IGotItFree
Angela M.
Eagle Point, OR
I was very excited to get the #herbalessences #voxbox from #influenster containing two free products for review. Here is my review of the Herbal Essences Blue Ginger Foam Conditioner:

Pros:

Rich foam is easy to distribute through hair.
Lightweight.
Leaves hair easy to comb through.
Smells amazing!
Promotes volume.

Cons:

Had to use quite a bit of product to really saturate the hair.

Comments:

I was pleasantly surprised by this product. The rich foam smells amazing and spreads easily through the hair. I had to use a bit more product than I would have liked to get my hair really saturated, but that may have been unnecessary for the product to work. I just like to feel the conditioner on my hair. This product is very lightweight, and after rinsing I was afraid it wouldn't offer enough conditioning, but I found my hair very easy to comb through. And the resulting volume is incredible! My curls bounced easily upon scrunching, and my hair even dried faster than usual! I will have to see how this product affects my hair over time, but I think it will definitely work as part of my hair care rotation!
Jamie H.
Indianapolis, IN
For starters, I am seriously IN LOVE with the scent of this Blue Ginger conditioner.  It's almost addicting and lures me in and makes me WANT to wash my hair.

I have combination hair/scalp.  My scalp is usually dry and itchy but my hair seems OILY.

I have NEVER used a foam conditioner until the Ginger Foam conditioner that I received as a sample.  I will tell you, that a little bit goes a very long way.  If you're like me you will end up using way too much at first, until you realize the proper amount to use.

It goes on easily.  I always start at the roots and work my way down.  Gently rubbing it into my hair.  I let it sit and absorb for a few seconds and then I rinse it out. It leaves my hair feeling extremely silky & smooth almost instantly.

My biggest complaint is that I feel like my hair gets oily a lot faster than it used to. Honestly, as long as I wash my hair on a normal basis, the oily appearance isn't a huge factor.  I would absolutely purchase this again... but that is mostly because I thoroughly enjoy the scent.  A LOT.

I did receive a free product from Influenster, so I can sample this shampoo, but these are my tried and true opinions.
Katie B.
Anniston, AL
I was so excited to see that I would be getting the new Vox Box with the Herbal Essences products! This brand is so nostalgic for me as it was THE brand to use when I was younger! I stopped using it for a long time (for no reason in particular) and I am super excited to be reintroduced to it as an adult.

The packaging is so nice! I love the color scheme and the bright colors. It was a little strange seeing my conditioner in a can normally reserved for mousse and things like that, but also excited to try something new. Now, I am a person that very much wants to be able to use conditioner, but I have yet to find one that does not weigh down my hair. Well I have FOUND IT! This stuff felt like it actually conditioned my hair and made it smoother and softer but without ANY weight at all. Any time I use conditioner my hair gets oily within a matter of hours. Not this time. It just stayed soft and grease free! This might not be the same for people with seriously dry or damaged hair but I would say to at least give it a shot because it is SO light weight! As I mentioned in my review of the shampoo, the scent is heavenly and made me like one of the women in the old Herbal Essences commercials that are making all of the ooooo and ahhh sounds in the shower while everyone is wondering what’s going on in there. LOL. But in all seriousness it is a great, fresh and clean scent. I would recommend this to anyone, especially people that have issues with traditional conditioners weighing their hair down.

I would like to add that although this was given to me by @influenster for free to review, that does not change my opinion in the slightest. It just so happened that I actually really loved using this product. It is one that I will incorporate into my regular routine.
Shalynn M.
Layton, UT
So far I like this conditioner... I felt it was light and didn't weigh my hair down but still was enough to not leave it feeling dry either. I have really dry hair, especially in the winter, and I have not seen any extra dryness after using this. If anything it has been less dry than it has been with my normal conditioner. I would like to try this as a co-poo and see how it works on its own for that as well. I think the texture and nature of this product may work well for this type of application. BTW co-poo is using just a conditioner to clean the hair and no shampoo. Most co-poo's I have used are expensive, so this may be a cheaper alternative. I really thought the idea of a foam conditioner is unique and I think it works and will like to keep using it. I have red died hair and I did see a lot of color going down the drain, which I normally do see some, but it seemed like more than usually. It could be from the sulfate shampoo I received with this conditioner though. So I will have to try this on its own also. My only other concern about this conditioner is the ingredients, some of them I’m not sure if I would want to be putting on myself. I received these products complimentary from Influenster for testing purposes.
Hannah M.
Lodi, CA
I have to say that this Conditioner, much like the Shampoo that is included in the set, was just as amazing. I have tried pretty much every conditioner known to man but nothing has ever reduced to me silence quite like this Blue Ginger Foam Conditioner has. The scent is so divine and refreshing--it does wonders when you wake up and take a shower in the morning before work. I felt energized and refreshed for hours, even when I came home I felt amazing. The scent lasts and smells so nice. I've gotten compliments for everyone because of it. The fact this conditioner is a foam based component, really allows your hair to absorb the contents without washing it all out. A little goes a long way with this stuff. Herbal Essences has had some amazing products in their past but this, by far, has sold me on their brand completely. I highly highly recommend this product and moreso--their actual sets!  Herbal Essences Blue Ginger Foam Conditioner
Jennifer W.
Comstock Park , MI
I received this from Influenster for a review.

I was very interested to see a foam conditioner for the first time! There were some pros and cons to this product.

Pros: The smell is incredible. This was definitely my favorite part. The foam was very smooth and expanded way more than I thought it would. My hair felt very soft and sleek after rinsing which was what I was ultimately looking for.

Cons: I feel like I had to use more (almost double) the product than I should have BECAUSE this was a foam. It was very strange to apply to my hair because it didn't really "lather" or "travel" smoothly through my hair so I thought it was going to be a disaster and not work. It took some time to work through my hair and make sure it was even because it just kind of flattened when I tried to apply it.

Overall, I was actually surprised because this made my hair feel so soft and luxurious when I rinsed it out and now, a day a later, my hair is still so soft and still smells amazing.  Herbal Essences Blue Ginger Foam Conditioner
Laura W.
Anyone else concerned that the second ingredient is Propane? Have you seen this in other hair products? Just doesn’t seem like a great ingredient to have in a conditioner.
Ixhon A.
Maplewood , NJ
Does this work better for curly or straight hair?
Erin S.
Deville, LA
I’m trying to imagine a foam consistency getting into my hair and penetrating and detangling. Is it as effective at detangling as a normal conditioner? Is it lighter on the hair?
Breanna G.
Lebanon, IN
Dumb, but serious question. It says it contains wheat germ oil.  What if people have a gluten allergy, does that affect them or are they total different or would it depend on your allergy?  I was just thinking while I read the ingredients in the shower last night.
Samantha W.
Oak Lawn, IL
Does any think that this conditionee doesn't detangle as well as a traditional conditioner? I feel like my hair is more knotty after switching to this product.