BY HERBAL ESSENCES

Gently Refresh for Natural Radiance

Herbal Essences Refresh Blue Ginger Conditioner is a volumizing conditioner specifically crafted with naturally inspired ingredients for body & hair that’s full of life with a light, balanced formula that keeps hair bouncy.

• Blue Ginger Conditioner refreshes hair to reveal its natural radiance
  • Crafted with bio:renew’s blend of essential antioxidants, aloe and sea kelp, Herbal Essences brings your hair back to life
  • Color-safe, pH-balanced, with 0% parabens, gluten and colorants
  • Refreshing notes of fresh ginger blossom, floral bouquets and clean musk
  • Made at a Zero Manufacturing Waste to Landfill Site

Ingredients :
Water/Eau, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Alpinia Galanga Rhizome Extract, Betula Alba Bark Extract, Histidine, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Ecklonia Radiata Extract, Fragrance/Parfum, Stearyl Alcohol, Quaternium-18, Bis-aminopropyl Dimethicone, Benzyl Alcohol, Hydroxypropyl Guar, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Citric Acid, Polysorbate 60, Edta, Oleyl Alcohol, Niacinamide, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone.

• Does the smell last long ?? I want a shampoo that makes m...6 Answers
  • The App was working amazingly well up until about a week ...4 Answers
  • I can't quite place the scent, which is less floral than ...4 Answers
Jessica H.
Newton, NC
I received a free bottle of Herbal Essences Blue Ginger Conditioner from the biorenew line from Herbal Essences and Influenster. I want to start off by saying that I have never had a trigger for a migraine from any type of fragrance before. After using this product for two days along with the matching shampoo, I suffered from migraines both days I used this product and I would attribute that to the seemingly artificial scent of this product. I know (and love) the scents that Herbal Essences is known for having in their products, but THIS product smells like something my grand mother would wear for a perfume. It is strong and overpowering and does not fit with what I have experienced with other Herbal Essences products. After using this product for two days, my hair is extremely dry and has about twice the amount of frizz it usually does. I don't use heat on my hair. I shower at night and shampoo, condition, and let my hair air dry about half way. I then tie it in two braids to reduce the amount of tangles I experience during the night. My hair is down to my belly button when straight and naturally  wavy. The braids do not do much change to the natural texture of my hair. I have attached a picture of what my hair looks like after using this product twice. I expect a conditioner to replace some of the oils that shampooing can remove from your hair and add softness and moisture. This product does not deliver on any of the requirements I need for my hair to look decent. I would not recommend this product to anyone who has normal to dry hair because that is what I have and it just amplified the problems I have with my hair. My hair is not damaged because I do not use heat on it, yet right now it looks worse than when it was damaged with bleach back in high school which was six or more years ago. For this to be a product from Herbal Essences' higher end line is really surprising to me. My hair does not feel renewed, which is what this product suggests it can do for hair.
Candace K.
Hillsborough, NC
This conditioner worked okay for my 3B curls. It was nice and thick, and I worked it through my hair thoroughly while combing it through in the shower. This one is called Refresh Blue Ginger to match the shampoo but I'm not entirely sure what it was supposed to accomplish. Volume? I did not have an increase in volume. Shine? I did not really see any added shine. It just says refresh, which I guess is to make it look more lively? My hair needs hydration more than anything and while this did the job of a conditioner, I did not see much of any additional benefit from it. It worked just like any other conditioner. The formulas I normally use are marketed for curls and keep them bouncy, full, and soft, while I feel like this just weighed them down a bit. I would prefer to try the hydrating formula within this line. This also includes no parabens, gluten, or colorants, but it does have silicones and alcohol, which are not good for curls. Overall I would not repurchase though I did enjoy trying an eco-friendly conditioner. The scent is a bit more apparent in this than the shampoo, but again, it smells like a mild men's cologne.

I received this product free from Influenster though that does not affect my views and opinions on this product.
Kirsten H.
I was provided a sample of this product want to say that I really wanted to love this product, and I think I'm a hard sell for it. I have VERY VERY thick dry densely packed hair, with a very dry scalp. Your average conditioner off the drugstore shelf isn't gonna do it for me.

Pros: I ADORED the smell of it, very subtle, fresh ginger scent. Not overwhelming, but very light and clean smelling. Good packaging. Reminded me of the bottle shape from when I was in middle school and Herbal Essences was the go to brand for the cool girls. Loving that nostalgia vibe. Good consistency. Nice and creamy, and I think that if you had more normal hair texture you'd have a good time with this conditioner. I'll probably hand the rest of the bottle off to my mom, who has slightly thinner, and pin straight hair. It's right up her ally.

Cons: Mostly this is just specific for me. Didn't deep condition enough for me. Not what the product says it's gonna do, so it's hard for me to judge it too harshly for that, but I'm also just not getting what I need from it.

Take away? Unless you've got crazy dry or damaged hair like me you'll probably enjoy this product.
Janessa R.
Philadelphia, PA
This conditioner is wayyyy better than the shampoo. After using the shampoo my hair felt very dry, but once i put applied the conditioner, my hair felt very soft. Even while washing it out, it still felt soft. I was confused if i washed all the product out haha. But the reason why i took a star off was because after drying and styling my hair, my hair felt a little dry. At first i thought it's maybe because my hair is bleached at the ends so the dryness is starting to kick in for not moisturizing it enough, but my eldest sister was complaining about the same thing, and she has the same hair type as me (curly and dry minus the bleach.) So i figured maybe it wasn't me. My other sister said this line worked perfect for her, and her hair is more different than ours. So maybe it just depends on what type of hair you have, whether you'd love this product enough. If you have hair more on the dry side, I'd say skip this, but if your hair is more oily or it doesn't need much product for it to get moisturized, then give it a try 😉
I've received this product free for testing purposes, but all opinions are my own.
Heather R.
Gerrardstown, WV
I was a little skeptical about this shampoo and conditioner because they are formulated with micellar water. I thought "this has to be a gimmick" haha! But it worked really well! It made my hair really soft and it did not weigh it down. My hair is fine individually, but is thick overall. And I get oily roots if I don't wash my hair everyday or every other day. This product combo says they, "help purify & protect against what your hair gets used to over time." I have been waiting for a product like this, actually! I have tried clarifying products, but they strip my hair and dry it out. This was different, this locked in moisture while removing buildup. I was not crazy about the smell when I smelled it in the bottle, but it smelled different in the shower and in my hair. It smells like a fresh sea breeze, and kind of earthy. It is made with antioxidants, sea kelp and aloe. DISCLOSURE: I was given this shampoo and conditioner free from Influenster in return for an honest review. Herbal Essences Blue Ginger Conditioner
Mallorie V.
Pflugerville, TX
First, I did receive this as part of a Voxbox, but I was honestly excited to try it out since I haven't used Herbal Essences since high school.  I have dry, color treated hair, that I was every 2nd to 3rd day, using dry shampoo in between.  This shampoo has an absolutely amazing, light, fresh scent that I adore!  Using this I wanted to give it plenty of time before reviewing so ensure an accurate full review.  I have now been using this for over two weeks and I have to say I am pretty impressed.  This conditioner, paired with the matching shampoo really impressed me in terms of how well it really stripped out the build up from the dry shampoo.  It definitely left my hair super clean and with a great light scent.  The only downfall for me was because my hair is already on the dry end of the spectrum, it left it feeling even more dry.  I do wish this duo was a bit more moisturizing because I really liked the way it worked, just really need that extra boost of moisture.
ASHLEIGH S.
First off let's talk about scent: it is a light, floral scent that is not very strong. I did not feel it lasted long after the shower, which I prefer. As far as how the conditioner felt: I think it is a medium strength conditioner. If you are using it in conjunction with the same shampoo, it leaves a bit to be desired. I don't think this is the conditioners fsult, but more the shampoo. The conditioner itself is light weight and leaves my hair feeling light and not weighed down. I have color treated hair and would use this for a daily conditioner, but would still feel the need for a stronger hydrater from time to time. The ends of my hair a bit frizzy just after showering, but after an hour or so, seem to calm down. Herbal Essences Blue Ginger Conditioner
erin m.
I received a free bottle of Herbal Essences Bio Renew Conditioner from Influenster to try and review. I love everything about this conditioner. The Blue Ginger scent is excellent, it smells so good and it isn't a scent that I've seen before with shampoos and conditioners. The 0% pharabens, gluten, and colorants help keep my hair looking and feeling better than it ever has! It leaves my hair so soft and silky. My hair was always very frizzy and dull looking, since I started using this conditioner my hair hasn't been frizzy at all! I have had a ton of compliments on my hair while using this conditioner, not only about how great it looks, but the smell too. Herbal Essences definitely nailed it with these products! I can't say it enough how much I love this conditioner!
Jacquelyn B.
Mount Ephraim, NJ
I have difficult hair, which means, it looks thin when straight, but is actually thick and I have a lot of it, so it takes a long time to blow dry. I can easily style is straight with the right tools and products, but my hair is naturally curly and can be very frizzy when left to dry naturally without styling products.

PROS: I found the scent to be very pleasant, yet doesn't clash with my other styling products.

CONS: I definitely need to use a lot more product than I normally do with my usual conditioner as a result of the drying effects of the shampoo, especially when I styled my hair curly. I also left it on much longer than I normally would (3-5 mins) and my hair still feels very dry after using and a bit weighed down. I used this product 3x now since I received my free full-sized samples and feel like I actually need to wash my hair more frequently than normal, as my scalp is also a bit dry, but seems to be producing oil to compensate since I started using both shampoo and conditioner.

Unclear usage: Overall, the items packaging states that it is for "renewal", but it's unclear what the product is supposed to do to achieve that.

Sadly, I think this product is not going to work very well for me and my hair type. Since I have naturally curly hair, frizz and moisture are a BIG problem for me and the combination of shampoo and conditioner seem to have stripped my hair of any oils and moisture, leaving it very dry and frizzy. Although my hair smells good, it is very dry and I have had to go back to using my normal conditioner, in addition to a hair mask to help with the dryness.
Vanessa T.
New Prt Rchy, FL
I love that this conditioner was creamy and yet very, very light. I don't feel weighed down at all, and I'm someone whose scalp gets very oily. My hair feels very conditioned, but not overly so. It's a nice, albeit light scent that matches the shampoo of the same name. After trying it, I learned online that it's volumizing, which scared me a little bit since I know volumizing haircare can sometimes be drying. However, I didn't experience any roughness or drying with this product. I think it's pretty good for oily scalp but I don't notice any crazy amount of added volume. Once again, with a name like "ginger," i did expect the scent to be stronger, but this is a nice neutral, non-gender specific scent the whole family could enjoy. Very clean and refreshing, not overpowering. Best part is it left my hair manageable and tangle free!

I received these products complimentary from Influenster for testing purposes.

Tiffany C.
Does the smell last long ?? I want a shampoo that makes me smell good longer :)
Jen H.
The App was working amazingly well up until about a week ago. I just received the herbal essence Voxbox and tried to start my campaign. Every time I go to review the product, the app crashes and I can't complete the badge/campaign. Now I'm worried that because the app is crashing I won't be able to participate in future Voxboxes. Anyone else having this problem? [product:herbal-essences-micellar-water-&-blue-ginger-shampoo] Herbal Essences Blue Ginger Conditioner
Lauren R.
I can't quite place the scent, which is less floral than other Herbal Essences fragrances.  What do you think it smells like?