BY NONE #33 in PC & Mac Games

Confront Terrifying Secrets in a Haunted Japanese Inn! Nancy Drew heads for Japan where shes staying at a traditional ryokan (inn) for a little R & R with Bess and George but when reports of a vengeful ghost start scaring away the guests Nancys vacation takes a turn for terror! Itll be up to you as Nancy Drew to uncover the secret that lies beneath the surface before the ghost can take its revenge! Features: Immerse yourself in Japanese culture by learning about origami tea ceremonies calligraphy. Take pictures of possible evidence and play games on your cell phone. Be prepared for the scariest Nancy Drew game in the series. Take risks without starting over the game will automatically return the player to the point before the fatal mistake. Choose from two difficulty settings (Junior or Senior Detective) to allow players of all skill levels to solve the mystery. System Requirements: Windows System Requirements: Windows XP/Vista/Windows 7 1.5 GHz CPU Memory: 256MB RAM 2GB hard drive 32-bit Direct X 9.0 video card 16 bit sound card 24x CD ROM drive MAC System Requirements: MAC OS X 10.5.8 Intel processor 512MB RAM 1.1GB hard drive Video: Intel GMA 950 or ATI X1600 NVIDIA 7300 graphics card Internet connection Format: WIN XPVISTAWIN 7 Genre: ENTERTAINMENT Rating: E10+ Age: 767861600793 UPC: 767861600793 Manufacturer No: HER-60079 see more...

• How many played the other games in the series?4 Answers
Amanda L.
I liked this game, but it wasn't my favorite. This game has a lot of puzzles. If you like Nancy drew puzzles, then maybe you will like this game more than I did. The puzzles deal with a lot of number games, which wasn't my favorite. This was definitely one of the scarier games of the whole Nancy drew collection! The atmosphere and soundtrack is very creepy!
Carissa M.
Waterbury, CT
Don't get me started on Nancy Drew. My all time favorite game trilogy. I enjoy the point and click and figuring it different "riddles" I can't review just one. I definitely think this game is underrated. I recommend other to get into it. I even have learned some things along the way too.
Sarah M.
Irving, TX
First off, I've been playing Nancy Drew games since the very first one was release. Not a single one has ever disappointed me. Of course, some are more enjoyable than others, but they are all worth the money. This game in particular is probably one of my top 5 games out of the series because it's HERINTERACTIVES' take on a scary game; but still includes the gameplay that all Nancy Drew games have. I prefer horror games in general, so having a darker theme with the mystery solving mechanics is right up my ally. I LOVED the number games, and I really loved how you were able to learn things about Japan and its' culture without it feeling like you're in school.
Amanda L.
Ok, so first off I just want to say that this game is awesome. I've been playing Nancy Drew games since I was little and spotted them at the gaming aisle in Walmart. As the years have gone by HerInteractive has been looking to make improvements to their games and make them a little different from each game. This one in particular is really fun as it has the player not only learning about the Japanese culture but also experiencing it. I will admit this game has a couple of jump scares but nothing to crazy as this game series is targeted towards mystery fans 11+ up. It's a game that also has a lot of replay value. Totally worth it
Sally A.
This game is amazing
The plot of this game is simply phenomenal and well thought out. Nancy Drew, is staying at the Ryokan Hiei, a traditional Japanese inn where a ghost is haunting guests and making things very difficult for the family running it. I won't go too much into the plot because you have to see it for yourself. There were lots of times during the game where I was wondering if the ghost was fake or actually real. There is plenty of evidence, but also some unexplainable events that can sway you to believing or not. I really liked how the plot developed and got even more dangerous as you continued on throughout the game. There were plenty of red herrings and twists that kept you on your toes, I was surprised when the game ended.
Natalie P.
Brooklyn, NY
My second favorite Nancy Drew game (behind Blackmoor Manor). I love that this game takes place in Japan (we've never had a Nancy Drew game in Asia before) and I thought it was awesome how the game taught you a little bit about Japanese culture. This was also one of the scarier Nancy Drew games, and some moments might be a bit frightening for younger kids. The mystery was pretty cool and the characters were unique and interesting. Would highly recommend to younger gamers who love mysteries.
Cali B.
I loved this game. When I first got introduced to the Nancy Drew games I thought they would be too easy, like games for kids. I found the opposite. Some of them are easier than others, but this one can be difficult and is rather fun! The puzzles are not always easy and I actually had to find help online for some of them. The story line is great and the graphics are good. One of the best games I've played on the pc. I even had a jump scare at one point in the game.
Lydia H.
Mount Juliet, TN
This was the first Nancy Drew game I ever played that actually frightened me so badly that I had to turn it off and stop playing for about a week. But that's why it's an entry thay sticks out in my memory so strong and made such an impression on me. The setting is gorgeous and the story is really interesting. The puzzles are incredible too. I'm glad that I was brave enough to turn it back on and finish it because it's become one of my favorites.
Sarah M.
This game was one of the hardest I've ever beaten. It took me and my friend like 5 years to do it (granted we didn't do it consistently but still) and I have to say near the end it definitely made is both JUMP! And I think I blacked out for a sec. It was so much fun though. Just viewer discretion near the ending.
Nancy B.
Lincolnton, NC
Everyone who knows me knows I love playing the Nancy Drew games, I love taking on her persona . Its like you are Nancy Drew. This game was awesome, creepy and tab bit scary , definitely a little bit challenging . Beautiful graphics. I love these games probably more than any other pc games other than the sims.
marissa s.
Langhorne, PA
How many played the other games in the series?