BY HEINEKEN #14 in Beer

• Heineken Beer does it taste as good as they advertise?5 Answers
  • Heineken Beer it's national beer lover's day, will you be drinkin...3 Answers
  • My daddy it's loved2 Answers
Heineken Beer
  • "It's not as smooth as I'd like it to be like my other favorite beers, but it still has a very refreshing taste to it." in 12 reviews
  • "I think it's best served ice cold to help with that bitterness but it's alot better than other beers out there" in 11 reviews
  • "It ranks as one of the classically over- rated beer products and even though it is more user- friendly when served from the tap, the skunky aroma and taste from the familiar green bottles is too significant to overlook." in 11 reviews
  • "i dont ususally drink beer if i have a choice but if there is nothing but beer then heineken is my first choice " in 8 reviews
  • "Love this beer, taste great not harsh, smooth going down and pretty good price at bars" in 5 reviews
Marielena O.
Marielena O.
APPEARANCE: A crystal clear golden with plenty of medium size bubbles rising. Produced a finger + of white foamy head that eventually settles down to a thin layer. Leaves some fair lacing down the glass.
AROMA: Quite a bit more grassy/grainy/hoppy than the AAL lagers I've had.
TASTE: Grassy, corn husk.
FEEL: Strong carbonation, medium thin body, fairly dry on the finish.
OVERALL: A good choice for a barbeque, tailgate party etc... Not skunky, it has a pleasant but minor bite from the hops.
Katelin L.
Katelin L.
Heineken Beer is a definite go to bar drink for myself. I think it has a pretty distinct taste and it just goes down smooth. It has just a subtle hit of carbonation to it. Definitely has a distinct aroma too it. It completely met all my expectations, this was a beer that I can go back to all the time. It took me years to find a small selection of beers I enjoyed! I am definitely a repeat consumer and would suggest this to anyone that is looking for a low price lager.
dam m.
dam m.
Santa Clarita, CA
The beer is a clear straw color with medium carbonation. The head was extremely thin and lasted about one minute. All i got was a slight malt smell but no hops. Also no skunk smells despite what everyone here is saying. No any other aromas but the same can be said for the flavor. Mild flavors of grass wheat and corn but the beer is smooth and easy to drink. Not very bitter at all but I did drink it out of a can and there was a metallic taste to it.
Georgia M.
Georgia M.
Easton , PA
Good beer, quality product. I don't usually drink this beer unless I am in the Caribbean somewhere on the beach. Lol it's a local favorite in St. Croix, more like a staple. Heineken brings back memories of the beach parties and events we used to have. It's really as a unusual taste to me and I think you have to have an acquired taste for it. A little bit bitter, but nonetheless a good beer to get you buzzed if that's what you are looking for.
Thaís R.
Thaís R.
Alexandria, VA
A classic by anyone's standard. This is what Euro lager is about, light color, medium flavor that manages to be both rich and dry, malt and hops in balance. Unfortunately the stuff we get locally is skunky and stale by the time it gets on the shelf. I've had some that weren't but with so many options finding these in good condition is not worth the effort.

On it's game the beer is good and worthy of it's reputation.
Maya P.
Maya P.
San Diego , CA
It took me a while to like Heineken. I guess it's was because my entire family drank it, and I never understood why beer had a flavor. Then one day it just clicked, it tasted like honey nectar. Well honey nectar that sat too long and the fermentation process increased its alcohol content. But I digress....I like Heineken, and have shame drinking it out the bottle in a restaurant. It taste better that way
This beer is always very good and usually on sale at the local Safeway for a 6 pack. It's a better choice to the domestic choices because domestic beers taste more watery have less hops but more head if that makes sense. I've been a long time fan and a beer snob which is surprising I like this beer. It has s crisp hoppy not quite so bitter after taste which makes it easy to drink. Would highly recommend.
dawn m.
dawn m.
One of the first beers I drank as a grown-up, and I felt really grown up drinking this. When cold, this is like practically drinking water. There is a bit of sourness, bitterness but essentially smooth like water with some alcohol in it. It's strange but now I find this incredibly light compared to say, Blue Moon which has more taste to it. So for nostalgia sake, I give it 5 stars. Good beginner beer.
Patricia B.
Patricia B.
El Cajon, CA
This is my husband's favorite beer. He loves the taste and the fact that he doesn't feel sick the day after he drinks it. It has a a smooth taste it doesn't have a bitter after taste and he said it definitely tempts you to drink more of it lol I don't usually drink beer but when I do I enjoy one Heineken. It is a bit more pricier than other beers but the taste is definitely worth what you pay for it.
curtis j.
curtis j.
Aurora, MO
Heineken , a good solid import beer not exactly premium but very good quality all around lager, which is my preferred style of beer.
Heineken may not be what i consider a premium beer certainly is a higher quality beer than most traditional mass produced American beers. Heineken has a straight forward full flavored lager style beer flavor and is usually my go to when i want just a regular beer.
Amanda C.
Amanda C.
Estero, FL
How do you like your Heineken, in a can or bottle?
Angelique D.
Angelique D.
Oakland Park, FL
Just like people pair their wines, what is your favorite food to pair with a nice cold Heineken? Mine is pizza: hands down!
Jessica C.
Jessica C.
Clarksville , TN
Bud light or Heineken?
Theresa E.
Theresa E.
Johnstown, PA
Happy Hour Expert
Do you like this as well as canned beer?
Catherine S.
Catherine S.
San Elizario, TX
Would this be a good cooking beer?