Hefty Freezer Zip Bags

by Hefty

Value Pack OneZip 35 Bags - Quart 7 in. x 8 in. The bag the whole family can close. Easy to Use.   Just slide the bag closed. Secure.   Hefty® OneZip® slider closes tight first time every time. Great for Food and Household Storage Pantry Refrigerator Freezer Travel* Cosmetics Toys * Quart Size Meets Airport Security Guidelines Proud Sponsor of the National Breast Cancer Foundation® American Culinary ChefsBest 2008 Chefs Best Award Performance The ChefsBest™ Award for Performance is awarded to the brand rated highest overall among leading brands by independent professional chefs. Ease-of-Use Commendation By Arthritis Foundation® There s a Hefty® Product for all your needs! Please Recycle 100% Recycled Paperboard ;

Do these leak ?
Has anyone found these work for freezing liquids?
How long do you keep these bags in the freezer?
Start your review of Hefty Freezer Zip Bags!
How would you rate this product?
Product Highlights
“These bags work great and while they are more than the store brand, there always seems to be coupons available and they are truly much stronger than any I've found. ” in 21 reviews
“I wouldn't suggest use for liquid or long term freezing as the bags may leak and will not keep food fresh as well as sealing.” in 21 reviews
“these freezer bags are awesome, they prevent freezer burn and keep food fresh, very durable as well. ” in 10 reviews
“They are a little pricier than I would like but they make sealing the bag much easier than fighting with those other ones.” in 10 reviews
“...cooler for the beach so things don't get soggy or just putting aways some left overs especially when you dont want or need the added bulk of a container. ” in 6 reviews
Home Sweet Home Expert Level 1
Hefty Freezer Zip Bags  I buy them at family dollar. I think it is a better bargain when i am saving my food. The pros the cost.the cons the zipper. It is effective it save food from getting froze bitten. It depends where you shop at. Different stores and different prices.
Hefty is a good-quality zip bag. I use them for a variety of uses. They work well for the obvious purpose of food storage and prep, helping to keep food and flavors stay fresh and to manage portion sizes. They serve as convenient ways to pack and organize travel items. And they're an inexpensive way to store the little loose things around my house, especially if they're things I need to take "on the go" as well (cords, pens and markers). And I always carry one when I run with my phone; if it starts to rain, the baggie offers cheap and effective protection!
I use the Hefty Zipper Freezer bags in the gallon size economy pack (35 bags) every single day. I put leftovers in them to freeze and cut up fresh fruit and veggies to freeze (including berries and bananas for smoothie making). When traveling, these are so sturdy I can pack things like shampoos and conditioners in them to keep them from leaking in the luggage. I also like to put snacks in a bag and dog treats when we are off to the park for a day. This does keep freezer burn at bay. It is a great product and very strong and durable.
Rosamond, CA
I like these type of bags but if your going to get it with the ZIP you HAVE to get it from HEFTY because with the others, they will fall off. Hefty brand is my go to. Its great putting food in and other things around the house. 5 seconds ago my daughter thought it would be a wise idea to pull each and every baby wipe from the pack so I just threw them all in one of these. Boom!
Pelham, AL
These bags are a lifesaver. They make putting up food so much easier for me. I may just be ridiculous but I personally have THE hardest time with regular zip lock baggies. These make the whole process a breeze. They come in many sizes depending on what you are planning on storing. The gallon size is my personal favorite. Off brands tend to be less expensive but I think these are made better and I tend to clean and reuse which makes them worth the extra amount. Hope this helps!
Cleveland , OH
Hefty has always been the choice for any type of bags in my family growing up. So I kept with the tradition of using them. the freezer bags makes things so much easier. Being single I find that there isn't many instances where I'll have to cook a huge meal. So splitting up pieces of chicken and freezing them for later makes life easier. The nice thing with the Hefty bags is that they prevent freezer burn. With the zipper closer I know that my food is sealed safely.
Home Sweet Home Expert Level 1
They are great to put little snacks in for car trips or just any type of trip. They are also great to keep food that are left over from dinner or lunch. They are also great to keep extra food that wasn't cooked. They are good quality so they don't break that easy but they are just thin plastic so they will break.
Prairieville, LA
Home Sweet Home Expert Level 1
These bags are durable in the freezer, they will not puncture! The zipper closure is easy to close, but the slightest of opening at the top has two drawbacks. First there is the slightest of leaks and secondly it allows for frost to creep in during the freezing process and freezer urn can begin to cover you food. Now if you are careful with how you fill the bags and place them in the freezer then this will not happen!!!!
Albany, NY
I always say grandmas know best, and my grandma swears by this. She uses it for anything she can think of , piping bags for decorating cakes, holding a little bit of paint, food of course and especially when she makes meatballs she puts a bunch in here and then puts it in the freezer to store.
This product has improved a lot over time, though I am still reticent to use them in the freezer. The zipper just doesn't make me feel confident for any type of liquid. I do use them to freeze fresh veggies for short periods of time. They are perfect for snacks and my kids can open them easily which leads to less mess. I also frequently use them in my art studio for various things.
Ask a question to the Influenster community...