BY HEAD & SHOULDERS #79 in Shampoo

With New Head & Shoulders Instant Oil Control Dandruff Shampoo conquer your hair and scalp oil to get a clean you can feel instantly. Its formulated with mango and citrus essence and delivers 100% flake-free* hair giving you the carefree confidence you...

ACTIVE INGREDIENT:
Pyrithione Zinc 1%

INACTIVE INGREDIENTS:
Water,Sodium Laureth Sulfate,Sodium Lauryl Sulfate,Cocamide Mea,Zinc Carbonate,Glycol Distearate,Fragrance,Sodium Xylenesulfonate,Dimethicone,Cetyl Alcohol,Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride,Magnesium Sulfate,Sodium Chloride,Sodium Benzoate,Magnesium Carbonate Hydroxide,Benzyl Alcohol,Citrus Limon (Lemon) Fruit Extract,Methylchloroisothiazolinone,Methylisothiazolinone,Yellow 5,Blue 1

• I wonder if this would help me because not only do I have...2 Answers
  • I wonder if this would help out with my hair because it's...2 Answers
  • Does this help control the oil? My hair gets oil after ha...7 Answers
Desiree A.
Garden Grove
I didn’t realize this product works until I stopped using it. I recently stopped using the product and I’ve realized I had a lot more dandruff than when I used the product (I had virtually none while using Head and Shoulders). I’ve tried the Redken Scalp Relief Dandruff Control Shampoo and it doesn’t work as great. The Redken is 3 times as pricey as head and shoulders ($12 vs $4) and you get less product for the more expensive brand. This stuff works wonders. I have also gotten a lot of complements on how good my hair smells.
Christine J.
 I bought this Head & Shoulders Instant Oil Control Dandruff Shampoo for my teen son, who started getting oily looking hair this past year no matter what brand we tried. I was glad to find this product but more than half of the time that he used this, his hair became even worse. Every once in a while it made his hair soft and nice, but most days his hair still seemed oily right after using. (he used the shampoo and conditioner).  It just wasn't a good product for him. I switched him to the itchy scalp type, which worked better for him.
Lauren S.
san antonio
This is definitely my favorite shampoo. The lather is very good and it makes my head feel super clean. Ever since I have used this my dandruff has gone away and it hasn’t come back. Now I’m just trying to focus on my oily roots. I would definitely recommend if you have oily hair or are trying to combat dandruff, but this stuff is amazing!
Crystal M.
your hair stylist may recommend this is the worst ever for your hair but i've found nothing that works for my hair for oil control. no matter how many times i've tried to train my hair oil control (but skipping hair wash days) it's just never worked. this stuff is great and doesn't irritate my scalp. always feels fresh.
Casey J.
Hattiesburg
I use this shampoo in between my regular washes with my daily shampoo. I have an oily scalp that is prone to buildup. I use this to get rid of any excess buildup from my other shampoo. I do think this is too harsh for everyday use(I tried it for a year) it is perfect for at least once a week. The smell is a plus too.
Karlie R.
Spencerport, NY
For someone who has oily hair by the morning this stuff really works. The oil and dandruff seems to be better than it was before. It works a lot better than off brands in my opinion. The only thing I seem to find that doesn’t work with my hair is doesn’t really help with the frizziness that comes with curly hair.
Kalee P.
Fort Gay , WV
This is good! I have a few issues with it though like it made my hair so tangled, and it only helps with oily hair by a tad. I really think there’s an Amazing scent though! I’d probably buy this again just make sure if you buy it put stuff in your hair to untangle your hair when it’s wet!
Danielle W.
I use head and shoulders when I have dandruff, especially in the winter. My hair tends to look greasy also when I have dandruff so I like how this shampoo targets both grease and dandruff. Only complaint is that it is expensive, store brand exactly like it is usually cheaper
Marisa E.
This is a great staple to keep in your shower or bathroom. I’ve tried expensive clarifying shampoos to clear out dandruff or product build up, but none have worked as well as just using Head & Shoulders. I personally use very little product in my hair regiment, yet it always builds up somehow. Using Head & Shoulders 2-3 times a week in rotation with a gentle shampoo is a great way to keep my hair healthy and shiny. I stocked up last time I was Target since they were offering a great rebate deal when you purchased a few bottles.
Britany D.
Chapel Hill, TN
I absolutely love using this Head & Shoulders shampoo. It works wonders on my head for dandruff and my hair isn't greasy like other dandruff shampoos have left my hair in the past. I have noticed it does burn slightly after a few minutes but nothing I can't tolerate. It does have a pleasant scent that lasts. I would say it is a little on the pricier side but not bad for a dandruff shampoo that actually works wonderful. I'm happy to know I can always turn to this shampoo for my dandruff and dry scalp needs!
Haley G.
Columbus , GA
Does this leave your hair oily?
Hailey D.
Midway Park, NC
What’s the best shampoo for oily hair? I’ll shower and come out and it’ll look like my hair hasn’t been washed in a week😩 Sometimes I dont use conditioner, and I’ve been using Head & Shoulders Instant Oil Control Dandruff Shampoo and it worked SO good until recently.
Hannah C.
Columbia, MD
Does this smell good? Which head and shoulders products smell the best?
Ashton G.
I don't have dandruff but I do find my hair gets oily a few hours after I wash it. I also have coloured hair, would this be okay to use or would it take the colour out of my hair and make it dry?
I see this product and I'm wondering if maybe this will make my hair less dry ?

back