BY HEAD & SHOULDERS #38 in Shampoo

- Head & Shoulders Clinical Strength anti-dandruff and anti-seborrheic dermatitis shampoo fights the toughest flakes- Helps prevent flaking, itching, scaling, irritation, and redness associated with dandruff and seborrheic dermatitis- World’s #1 Shampoo Brand- Gentle on hair and pH balanced for daily use - even on color or chemically treated hair.

Active Ingredient Selenium Sulfide 1% Inactive Ingredients: Water, Ammonium Laureth Sulfate, Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate, Glycol Distearate, Cocamide MEA, Ammonium Xylenesulfonate, Sodium Citrate, Fragrance, Dimethicone, Cetyl Alcohol, Sodium Chloride, Citric Acid, Sodium Benzoate, Stearyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Red 4.

• Is there a strong scent? And after how many uses do you think can...1 Answers
  • My scalp has bee driving me crazy lately and the flakes are embar...2 Answers
  • Does anyone know where i can find this product urges me?1 Answers
Head & Shoulders Clinical Strength Dandruff Shampoo
  • "Head & shoulder is a good brand it's the best for eliminate dry scalp , works at first use and leaves shine and beautiful hair,remove flakes, calm itching and has a great scent. " in 2 reviews
  • "It works well for the dry flakes & all but the most severe of itch." in 1 review
Britta F.
Sanbornton, NH
I think that head and shoulders clinical strength shampoo is an excellent shampoo for people with dandruff, but also for those who have not wash their hair in 2 to 3 days and have used a lot of dry shampoos this does an excellent job to get rid of all that excess buildup from the last few days of styling with the dry shampoos, hair spray, and any other styling products that were used. I do say this because there was a several days that I was working day tonight and use dry shampoo after those several days I had used the head and shoulders clinical strength shampoo and every bit of styling product I could feel was off my scalp this skin was invigorating again and I could feel the cleanliness of my scalp and hair as well. The only people I would not recommend this too is for those with dry and brittle hair, although I myself color my hair, style my hair with products and use blowdryers and hair straighteners my hair has been in that type of dry and brittle category therefore I feel as though this particular shampoo would be to drying for that type of hair. But, most people these days have realized that it is better to shampoo your hair every other day or every other two days and some of us even shampoo our hair only 2 to 3 times a week because we have learned that it is better to do so. So I think that this particular shampoo will be good for those of us that do not wash her hair on a daily basis use it once a week or twice a week. I did a thorough two week testing of the shampoo using it three times a week and as I said, my hair is not dry it is more on the oily side which is why I use dry shampoo and styling products on days when I do not shampoo my hair. That being said, after using and testing this product I feel as though it is highly recommended to use twice a week to get all that excess buildup from any type of styling products even hairspray that could still be stuck to your scalp which creates excess buildup and this head and shoulders clinical strength shampoo will get rid of all the unnecessary oils in your hair and on your scalp and leave your hair feeling very clean and invigorating. I highly recommend the shampoo, the reason why is because it does get rid of any oil‘s that are not good oil’s to keep in your hair and I would recommend using this to to three times a week. If you have hair that is more on the dry side, I still would recommend using this at least once every week just to remove all the unnecessary excess build up of oil from products/ environmental factors Which then intern leaves your hair and scalp feeling clean again which then will make your hair more so that your scalp can stimulate higher are growth factors are higher therefore that’s when someone’s hair will grow at a faster pace if you use something like this and As I said, even if you don’t need to use this every day event one time every week will really help to create healthier hair but also a healthy her scalp which is the most important part which is why I believe that having shoulders is a great brand that people don’t think about as often as they should because they really focus on making sure your scalp is clean and does not have any dandruff or flakiness, Bottom line people? Just making sure your hair is healthy allowing higher growth factors which is why I really like this brand of head and shoulders because they have always concentrated on the scalp and I believe that a brand should really stick to knowing what they do best and I believe head and shoulders does that the best in the scalp/hair care /shampoo and conditioner category. SO now, after you have read this.. go out and try it for yourselves! I bet within a few weeks you’ll notice your hair and scalp more healthier!
Esther K.
Burbank, CA
I am a fan of Head & Shoulders--their products work very well to keep my scalp and hair healthy and dandruff-free. To be honest, I would not have purchased this particular product for myself, so I am glad that I received it in my complimentary VoxBox. The shampoo is orange-coloured, which was a bit surprising when I first used it. I was definitely not expecting that colour! The packaging of the shampoo itself is also different from typical H&S shampoo bottles. The shampoo has a medicinal scent to it, which makes sense since it is "clinical strength." I think it is stronger than their typical shampoos and it works well on my hair/scalp. As a "clinical strength dandruff shampoo" I think this shampoo definitely delivers. HOWEVER, I am only giving it three stars because of the scent. I would be fine with the scent if it was only when I was applying the shampoo to my hair in the shower and went away afterwards. I had assumed the scented conditioner would overpower the shampoo scent and leave my hair smelling nicely. Alas, this is not the case. Even after my hair dries I can still smell that medicinal scent with me as I go about my day. I am pretty sensitive to these smells so I am not a fan of that. If H&S can somehow remove that scent then I would be a bigger fan of this product.
Jasmine T.
Winston Salem, NC
I have very dry/sensitive/irritated scalp. Usually between washes it gets very irritated and flaky due to psoriasis. I'm always skeptical of anything that says it can combat that, because I have not had anything work. I must say the head and shoulders clinical strength may be the miracle worker I need. The later is rich and a little goes a long way on my long, thick, naturally curly hair. It was easy to spread a small amount to my entire scalp. After washing and conditioning with the head and shoulders hair and scalp conditioner I lost track of the last time I washed because I have not had one flake or itch. I just washed again I today and realized two weekends have passed since my last wash. I could never go that long before without flakes and irritation. I will definitely be purchasing this in the future.
Callie W.
Reno, NV
Ok, so this was my very first Influencer box. I have a massive head of hair, I get product build up even when I don't use much, itchy scalp and some flakes. I was excited about the box and have used Head and Shoulders before, but years ago. I waited so long to review because I actually wanted to use it to guage it's effectiveness, and my husband used it as well. It does a decent job with the flaking, and does ok with the itch, and doesn't do much with the build up, but I don't think it's supposed to since it's not labeled as clarifying.

So my only problem, and it's a biggie is the smell, not when you use it but afterwards. I'm not sure what active ingredient does it, but it makea our bathroom smell like urine. I mean usually after a shower the bathroom smells like soap and that clean human skin smell. I know it's this product, because I tested it for weeks, my husband and I both scrubbed our entire restroom with bleach from top to bottom, and I removed the shampoo from the bathroom and the smell disapated. I even washed the bathroom mats, left the door and window open. Then I used the shampoo again, and the smell came back. After about 2 days the smell goes away if the product isn't used, but when I've cleaned my bathroom so hard, and feel self conscious that a friend might smell that smell in the restroom, it's a deal breaker.
Jennifer K.
Antelope, CA
I obtained this shampoo and decided to try it out. I remember the old head and shoulder which had a funky medicinal smell and was a little leary of trying it. However with seasons changing and winter dryness I figured this couldn’t hurt. So I gave it a try. First color is orange, totally threw me wasn’t expecting that but it does still have a slight medicinal scent to it. I lathered up nicely and really cleaned my scalp and hair. I definitely had reduced itching and flaking after a couple uses. The only downside was the smell after washing and drying my hair I could still smell it. That might dissuade me from further use but maybe I just might have to use a secondary shampoo or conditioner that smells better. Overall Head and Shoulders clinical strength does what it claims and can be used with colored hair. I recommend giving it a try. Might just be me with the scent!
fam s.
visalia, CA
This winter, my scalp was so full of dandruff and itch. I’d find myself scratching constantly and it was embarrassing that I refused to wear dark colored tops because my flakes would show.

I’ve tried many different dandruff shampoo’s, including the regular H&S line, but never the clinical strength. Today is the 4th day I’ve used the H&S Clinical Strength Shampoo and it has taken the itch completely away. Dandruff is still about 80% there but not as bad as it was before.

It has a good scent to it and not overpowering and made my hair smell great all day!

I have color/ chemically treated hair, blow dry and flat iron on a daily basis...so good thing this says it’s color safe! I would definitely continue using this product and purchase it again in the future. I would highly recommend if you are suffering from the same problem as I am.
Sydney J.
San Marcos , TX
I have dry skin in general, and I've always had a problem with flakes and dandruff. I also don't like to overclean my hair because it is thin and brittle so I wash it maybe 2 or 3 times a week. So that being said, this product was great for me! I can go a few days between washes without getting flaky, even when I use product like dry shampoo. It wasn't nearly as drying as some of the other dandruff shampoos I have tried and it also doesn't have that terrible smell that the tar ones have. You just leave it in for a regular amount of time, just like a regular shampoo, no long wait period. Overall I am super impressed! I have used it for about a month now in conjunction with the conditioner and when I run out I will definitely be purchasing some more. I received this free from Influenster in exchange for an honest review.
Julie K.
Kingsport, TN
I received these products for free for testing purposes from Influenster Voxbox. However, I've bought these previously so I knew what to expect. This clinical strength shampoo is my go-to for when my scalp get dry/itchy because it's not expensive and it's fast acting. A lot of people seem to think there's a chemical/ medicinal smell but I think it smells good and I like that the smell lasts all day! When paired with this conditioner (which smells very good!), my curly hair doesn't get dried out like with many dandruff/scalp care products that I've tried. I love these two products and very likely will buy them again when I have the need!
Rachel O.
Ravenna , OH
I received this version of Head and Shoulders in a Vox Box, otherwise I might not have thought to have tried it out.  The scent was very off putting, and at first it seemed like my hair was too dried out, but once my hair dried all the way it was very soft and pretty smooth.  I have to use this shampoo daily because it doesn't control the oil as well as some other products, but since it doesn't fry my hair it isn't an issue.  If the scent improved dramatically I could see myself making this my regular shampoo.
Tracie C.
Bledsoe, KY
I recently received this product complimentary to try. I was so excited! I will be honest, I don’t have severe dandruff but I do have itchy dry scalp. Let me tell you after just a few times of use I can tell a big difference. Less itchiness, my hair is much softer. My kids have been using Head & Shoulders Clinical Strength Dandruff Shampoo as well and let me tell you, this is some great stuff if you have a teen or preteen that doesn’t always get their hair good and clean on their own. I can tell you my kids have much cleaner hair between washings since using this. I will definitely be a repeat user and be purchasing more soon 😍
Angela K.
Does this leave a smell that lingers in your hair?
Stephanie A.
Does this really work for seborrheic dermatitis? I've tried almost everything and nothing seems to work long term.
christina t.
Camas Valley, OR
What does it do?
Amanda A.
Las Vegas , NV
My scalp has bee driving me crazy lately and the flakes are embarrassing does this shampoo work as well as everyone is saying? Does it burn or dry out hair? Are there other products that work better? Sorry for the long question
Cassidy S.
Shelby, OH
My boyfriend gets terrible dandruff in the fall and winter months. He's been using tea tree products but they aren't helping very much. Will this help at all?