Head & Shoulders Classic Clean Dandruff Shampoo

by Head & Shoulders

Help say goodbye to flakes and hello to great hair with Head & Shoulders Classic Clean Dandruff Shampoo. It's from our original Classic Clean collection, formulated with HydraZinc to care for your scalp and leave you with soft, manageable, 100% flake-free** hair. It's packed with 7 benefits so you can live life with confidence.

Ingredient:

Pyrithione Zinc 1% Inactive Ingredients: Water, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Glycol Distearate, Zinc Carbonate, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Xylenesulfonate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Fragrance, Dimethicone, Sodium Benzoate, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Magnesium Carbonate Hydroxide, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Blue 1, Red 33.

Does this product work for seasonal dandruff? I usually only get dandruff around the fall and winter time so I’m wondering if it will still be effective
I am looking for a clarifying shampoo for overly oily hair. Is this product a good option for keeping my hair clean for more than one day?
Start your review of Head & Shoulders Classic Clean Dandruff Shampoo!
How would you rate this product?
Honolulu, HI
The original. Great for keeping your scalp happy and fresh. I don’t suffer from dandruff. Probably because I use this on the regular. This keep my hair clean. But does not dry my hair out. I have a problem with build up and sweat. This is great for every other day use. 👍 The original. Great for keeping your scalp happy and fresh. I don’t suffer from dandruff. Probably because I use this on the regular. This keep my hair clean. But does not dry my hair out. I have a problem with build up and sweat. This is great for every other day use. 👍
Dark Brown / Anti-Aging, Brittleness, Color Protection / Dry, Oily, Straight
Chipley, FL
This is my main shampoo that I stick with, it is the best stuff ever. I used to suffer with the most uncomfortable dandruff years ago, until I decided to try head and shoulders. After using, my hair smells pretty, shiny and softly squeaky clean. It's inexpensive and has plenty. I recommend it to this who suffer from bad dandruff. Just massage into your scalp for more than 5 minutes with a great lather and rinse, guarantee you will have great results. It will last longer if you have a clean brush as well.
Dark Brown / Curls, Frizz, Straightening / Wavy, Curly
TX
Natural Hair Peeps: Was okay on my dandruff once upon a time. Well when my hair was relaxed. (I blame relaxers for my dandruff prone/scaly scalp lol) Dove was faaar better for my flaky head. And I’ve suffered with scales before—dove lessened that. This just felt like I cleaned my hair but still had a slight layer of grime. Didn’t buy this again, I stuck to doves line for anti-dandruff.
Black / Brittleness, Curls, Dandruff / Curly, Kinky
This shampoo is 100% my go to shampoo with dandruff. I’ve found a lot of specialized shampoo doesn’t “clean” my hair while taking off the dandruff. Head and shoulders will do both and it feels great! One downside is I feel like the consistency is too thick, so I usually water it down. Despite its one negative side, I love this brand and will recommend everyone with dandruff to try it!
BRONX, NY
You never want to be that person that deals with flakes. I have used head and shoulders for a while now it is a strong product and to me it always feels tingly but in a good way. It does have a classic scent but it is quite nice. I love this product I use shampoo on my hair every other day and I make sure to get in the scalp it is the only way it helps me combat my often dry scalp.
Black / Dandruff, Dry Scalp / Dry, Thin
Cypress
This is probably one of my favorite shampoos. I have very oily hair with a lot of dandruff and I tend to break out easily. But this helps with the oily ness. I can’t say it completely clears dandruff because at least for me it doesn’t but it does help with the flakiness(I swear my head hates me). Over all I’m satisfied. And they have an amazing range of scents
Oceanside, CA
I love the scent of the product. It also cleans very well, gets rid of dirt as well as any dandruff. I find it to be a reliable shampoo. It's perfect and gentle for my sensitive scalp. I love how it always leaves my hair feeling soft, shiny, clean, and ofcourse smelling lovely. The more I use it the less I have to worry about any dandruff problem :)
Black / Damage, Dandruff, Dry Scalp / Straight
Iowa City
This classic Dandruff shampoo truly works wonders for my hair. I can avoid dry winter months that reek havoc on my hair with this shampoo. In comparison to convenient store brands, Head & Shoulders is the same shampoo as the cheaper version in relation to ingredients, so it is not necessarily worth paying for just the brand.
Medium Brown / Brassiness, Brittleness, Damage / Straight, Thick, Color Treated
menifee
At first I thought this would be my go to product but I noticed it started to strip my hair. It made my hair feel a little too washed and clean if that makes sense. It calmed my dry scalp for about a day and then my hair would be bad again. Didn’t help much, especially as someone who doesn’t like to wash their hair daily.
Dark Brown / Dandruff, Dry Scalp, Dryness / Dry, Oily, Straight
Philadelphia
I love this stuff, I use it maybe once a week for a deep clean and always have. I always have it on hand. My husband always uses it interchangeably as well with his prescription shampoos for dermatitis as prescribed by his doc, this keeps his symptoms at bay. Overall I recommend this for a healthy head of hair
Anti-Aging, Color Protection, Damage / Normal, Fine, Chemically Treated

158 questions

Ask a question to the Influenster community...
34119 P St
a month ago
Ruby Ross M. • 10 days ago
Hi if your asking if this product is effective, as for my experience it does not work for me.m, but you better try it for yourself. What doesnt work for me may be working for you.
Davenport, IA
2 months ago
Head & Shoulders Classic Clean Dandruff Shampoo ? Does this make anyone else's scalp more dry!?
Viridiana U. • a month ago
en mi caso no paso eso ya que ami me dejo el cabello suave no tuve problema