Jamie J.
Jamie J.
Farmington, NY

How well do you think that the SPF works, and how long does it last?
Jane K.
Jane K.
Nov. 30, 2016, 2:58 p.m.
I reapplied every 2 hours, it smells great!
Blissful B.
Blissful B.
June 27, 2016, 4:02 p.m.
I think the spf works good, but theres really no way of knowing, and it depends on what you're doing and you're skin type.
Kathleen K.
Kathleen K.
June 26, 2016, 11:43 a.m.
It definitely depends on your skin type. Personally, spf 12 is not strong enough to protect my skin. I usually buy the same version on spf 35 and that's perfect.
Andrea C.
Andrea C.
June 24, 2016, 9:01 p.m.
I think it works super well! I burn pretty easily and reapply sunscreen about once every hour. I eventually leave the beach with a nice glow instead of bad burn. It lasts about 45 minutes I think!
Autumn E.
Autumn E.
June 22, 2016, 9:18 p.m.
I think it works really well. I live in Florida and use this. I reapply about every 45 minutes because I don't want to burn.
Jessica B.
Jessica B.
June 21, 2016, 8:24 a.m.
In my personal opinion, the SPF works great only as long as you RE APPLY. I have gotten burned very badly by only applying once or twice in one day. You need to stay on top of it and apply as needed as often as needed. If you are light skinned I would reapply once an hour or every 45 minutes. If you are darker every two hours should be sufficient.
DaRee Z.
DaRee Z.
June 21, 2016, 2:12 a.m.
For me I have really pale and sensitive skin. It worked great for me & I love this product, however I would recommend reapply every 2 hours.
Erin M.
Erin M.
June 17, 2016, 9:40 p.m.
I am sure everyone is different. I usually apply it twice a beach day. it smells nice and doesn't seem to be oily.
LaQuana S.
LaQuana S.
June 8, 2016, 2:36 p.m.
Anytime I go away I use this not only as a SPF Sunscreen but to keep my skin hydrated. It works very well, especially when I traveled to Mexico and DR it last me pretty much all day. When I went swimming, that was the only time I reapplied.
Elise D.
Elise D.
Jan. 1, 2015, 6:24 p.m.
I think the minimum doctor recommended spf is 30 and the higher the better.
Alyssa W.
Alyssa W.
June 30, 2014, 12:24 p.m.
It deffinetly last for at least 24 hours!
Nola G.
Nola G.
Feb. 16, 2014, 8:47 a.m.
It really depends on what you're up to. If you're just hanging around outside it's great for most of the day, maybe one re-application. However like with most sunscreens if you're swimming always reapply after you get out. I found that this product doesn't stand up very well with sweat either so if you're out working in the yard or hiking etc. make sure you reapply every few hours! Or choose a more water/sweat resistant product :)
Adriana S.
Adriana S.
Oct. 18, 2013, 3:44 a.m.
I would recommend to apply this product at least twice a day. But one application works just as well.
Jenny B.
Aug. 29, 2013, 11:32 a.m.
It worked very well for me. I wore it while site seeing in Australia (warm, lots of walking, strong sun) and I didn't burn. It lasted most of the day, but if I were lying on the beach, I would reapply at reg intervals (like one should do with any sunscreen).
Rebecca B.
Rebecca B.
June 4, 2013, 4:49 p.m.
I re-apply every two hours, but it says that it gives you 12 hour protection. I have super sensitive skin that burns easy, so I just re-apply like regular sunscreen. This replaced my "SPF 100" one lol :)
Cali R.
Cali R.
April 1, 2013, 10:17 a.m.
I would recommend re-applying every 2-3 hours. I only say this because it is so easy to get burnt and it's always best to constantly protect your skin. If you go swimming or in the ocean (any body of water) make sure to put some on right after. A lot of lotions are waterproof but it's always good to be safe. :)
Julia Z.
Julia Z.
March 8, 2013, 4:17 p.m.
It works great, just reapply often. If you are fair skinned more often then others
Dec. 6, 2012, 7:24 p.m.
I wore this when I was vacationing in Sydney, Australia. It was springtime, and sunny almost everyday. I only got a little pink once. And I didn't have issues with it running into my eyes, sweating off, or feeling greasy.
Dinah V.
Dinah V.
Nov. 11, 2012, 7:53 p.m.
SPF is based on how long you're in the sun. So, the numbers are actually how long you can go between applications. There are other factors that can come into play too, but, the numbers are actually a representation of how long you can go (30=30 minutes) before re-applying.
Jordan L.
Jordan L.
Oct. 17, 2012, 3:44 p.m.
You should reapply every 3 or 4 hours to make sure you don't burn. If you are swimming you should reapply as soon as you towel off! Good skin care today means good skin when you are older. I don't want a killer tan if it means wrinkles when I am old!
Brittany F.
Brittany F.
Oct. 17, 2012, 2:08 p.m.
I applied once and was good for the rest of the day
Robyn D.
Robyn D.
Oct. 16, 2012, 2:25 p.m.
I'm confident that the SPF works well without reapplying too often (once a day was enough for me on a beach in Mexico) as long as you plan to stay out of the water... In the water, my boyfriend got burnet to a crisp within just one hour!
Chelsea J.
Chelsea J.
Oct. 8, 2012, 1:57 p.m.
I'm very pale and have sensitive skin, but this protected me wonderfully all summer! If you're in and out of the water constantly I would apply it once an hour, but if you're just in the sun I would suggest once every 2 or 3 hours! It worked for me! :)
Danielle B.
Danielle B.
Oct. 8, 2012, 1:21 p.m.
It is long lasting. I wear it to football games all the time and I never burn when wearing it. Plus is smells good.
Diana V.
Diana V.
Oct. 8, 2012, 12:10 p.m.
This really works and for me stay all day
Rhiannon E.
Rhiannon E.
Oct. 7, 2012, 12:53 a.m.
You do have to re-apply if your in the water just like any sunscreen. I didn't get burned at all so for me the SPF worked great.
Melissa M.
Melissa M.
Oct. 5, 2012, 8:59 p.m.
I like it for outdoor activities that don't involve water, like days at a music festival, park or zoo. It's not waterproof so I wouldn't recommend taking as your beach sunscreen. I think you should reapply every 4 hours or so to be safe. This is my fav sunscreen!! I hope you like it as much as I do!
Shirley C.
Shirley C.
Oct. 5, 2012, 8:14 p.m.
Its okay. I when to the beach and I applied this because I didn't want a sunburn or tan. Well I got a tan. You just have to keep reapplying over and over again. It is not waterproof but it smells good and its not sticky.
Olimpia H.
Olimpia H.
Oct. 5, 2012, 6:20 p.m.
I love this sunscreen. Not only it smells good, it really works good.
Jennifer W.
Jennifer W.
Oct. 5, 2012, 1:37 p.m.
It definitely works well as all SPF should provided it isn't expired. That being said, you do need to reapply in order to get the max effect, again as you would with any sunscreen product.
Influenster M.
Influenster M.
Oct. 5, 2012, 12:17 p.m.
The specialists say, that whatever is more than SPF 50 is basically the same. The SPF indicates the amount of sun-reflecting particles in a liquid. If it's not waterproof, you have to reapply every 30 minutes or after the use of water. My husband is albino and he gets sunburn after 3 minutes at the sun. Sunscreen actually works great for him. We use 50 Stay sun-safe!
Isabel A.
Isabel A.
Oct. 4, 2012, 1:12 p.m.
I would reapply every 2 hours, every hour if you're in the water. That's what's worked for me and I've yet to get burned.
Helen T.
Helen T.
Oct. 4, 2012, 9:44 a.m.
I think the SPF 30 works great, especially if you just feel like sitting out to get some color. However, just like most sunscreens if you are sweating a lot or if you decide to take a dip, you must dry of the moisture and reapply the product, otherwise the SPF will not be as effective. It may be labeled as water resistant, it is not water proof and will wear off if there is exposure to moisture. Otherwise, I think the SPF is very effective in this product.
Elizabeth M.
Elizabeth M.
Oct. 4, 2012, 9:19 a.m.
The number on the bottle (SPF 15, SPF 30) indicates the amount of time you can stay out in the sun without burning, compared to how long you could have stayed outside without burning if you weren't wearing sunscreen. For example, a sunscreen with an SPF of 15 will allow you to stay outside 15 times longer than if you weren't wearing sunscreen. An SPF 30 sunscreen doesn't provide double the protection of an SPF 15 sunscreen, however. An SPF 30 sunscreen filters out about 97% of UVB rays, while an SPF 15 filters out about 93 percent of these rays. Even if you wear a sunscreen with a higher SPF, you can't just apply it and forget about it. Sunscreens wear off, especially if you're swimming or sweating. No matter what SPF sunscreen you're wearing, reapply it every two hours, and more often if you're swimming or sweating. Also, look for a sunscreen that provides broad spectrum protection from both UVA and UVB rays. Talk to a dermatologist for more information. for more info go to www.droz.com
Kayla S.
Kayla S.
Oct. 4, 2012, 7:33 a.m.
All SPF, no matter the brand or water resistance, starts to degrade in about two hours. For full sun protection you must reapply any SPF every two hours. If you go over two hours it will protect but not at the level marked on the bottle.
Leslie O.
Leslie O.
Oct. 3, 2012, 5:11 p.m.
I think it works really well. it lasted me about 12-16 hours at the beach
Kalei L.
Kalei L.
Oct. 3, 2012, 1:46 p.m.
It depends on what time and how long you are outside. But for the most part, it's good coverage from UV rays. Just ensure you apply every 30min depending on the heat intensity
Cassandra G.
Cassandra G.
Oct. 3, 2012, 1:40 p.m.
It works great, but I'd definitely reapply at least every few hours.
Catherine S.
Catherine S.
Oct. 3, 2012, 12:19 p.m.
Gives great coverage but apply it at least every 2 hours, even more so if you'll be sweating or getting wet
Darcy K.
Darcy K.
Oct. 3, 2012, 12:14 p.m.
I wonder how well it works, since it seems to have a lot of regular lotion in it as well. I don't trust it for long amounts of time in the sun since I burn easily, but for every day it works fine.
Elizabeth W.
Elizabeth W.
Oct. 3, 2012, 10:39 a.m.
It works great but don't forget to reapply which is typical with all sunscreens
Valerie C.
Valerie C.
Oct. 3, 2012, 7:34 a.m.
This product is highly effective if you use it as directed. Just make sure you buy the spf level that is right for you. I always go with spf 50, if I can. Spf 15 is not much good for anyone.
Melissa A.
Melissa A.
Oct. 2, 2012, 5:03 p.m.
This product gives excellent protection, but like any sunscreen it needs to be re-applied.
Ashley S.
Ashley S.
Oct. 2, 2012, 1:23 a.m.
I put this on my face at the beach one day, and reapplied once throughout the day. My face got a little pink, but the rest of my body, where I used other sunscreens, got fried.
Gladys O.
Gladys O.
Oct. 1, 2012, 7:40 p.m.
I did a carwash fundraiser with my club and passed this product around to all the girls there. Even while we were getting wet, the product does the job. It's not the best thing in the world (SPF-wise) but I noticed it does last some time on your skin. (:
Nicole A.
Nicole A.
Oct. 1, 2012, 6:33 p.m.
This gives 12 hour protection, so it works great. I didn't get burned not once this summer because of this product.
Amanda C.
Amanda C.
Oct. 1, 2012, 5:04 p.m.
It depends what you are doing. You need to re-apply any sunscreen pretty often if you are in the sun / water all day.

Join Now