Add a Photo

By Hawaiian Tropic

#1 in Sunscreen
With its ultra-luxurious hydrating silk ribbons, Hawaiian Tropic Silk Hydration™ Lotion Sunscreen nourishes and pampers skin while providing broad spectrum UVA and UVB protection, and 12-hour moisturization when out in the sun.
Reviews (2019)
Photos (128)
Tanya A.
Tanya A.
Bennington, NE

Had this on my list "I'd Die to Try..." And just put it to the test all day at the zoo today. I was very impressed by the light scent...tropical beach scent and not the typical sunscreen smell. Nice!
Also loved that it went on smooth, not greasy at all...in fact dried fast and couldn't tell I had sunscreen on! My skin was very soft like I just put on a nice lotion. The only reason I deducted a star was due to the fact that my shoulders burned. BUT...I will try this again and apply more. Maybe I didn't use enough...or needed to reapply. I didn't sweat...and it was overcast half of the day. You just never know. Everywhere else I applied did not burn. I'll update once I use it a few more times! UPDATE: I had to remove some stars. I wanted to love this product...but it just doesn't work for me. Tried it again...applied generously...and was in sun 60 minutes. I got fried...really fried. If you are fair skinned and burn easily use with caution. This is most likely not the right sunscreen.
Allison B.
Allison B.
San Bruno, CA

I have never loved a sunscreen more. After looking up the harm my previous sunscreen was doing and the fact it wasn't giving me the exact coverage I wanted, I received this to test first in their after care. When I found out they also made a sunscreen I couldn't possibly say no. Between the sunscreen and the occasional use of their after care products I've recommended them to friends and family. The product gives great coverage, isn't sticky like other sunscreens and it smells great; honestly all of their products do. Their sunscreen gives me peace of mind when I go out that I can enjoy myself and not worry I'm going to get burned. The only time I get burned is due to my own error of application or missing a spot, whoops! I love this product its amazing.
Emma W.
Emma W.

I purchased the factor 30 silk lotion for our holiday to Tenerife in February as I love the smell and the feeling on the skin. The product goes on really well, it leaves the skin feeling lovely and soft, with a light coconut scent. It was really easy to apply and left no sticky or greasy residue on the skin. I was disappointed that after one hour in the sun, at around 21 degrees, I was terribly burnt, especially on my shoulders and chest. The burns were quite bad and meant that I was unable to go in the sun the next day. Normally a factor 30 would be quite sufficient for these temperatures but this product did not agree with me. I have used it since in the UK and not had the same issue, no burning even at higher temperatures.
Avani P.
Avani P.

I always come back to this. There is always a bottle of this sunscreen on my dresser, no matter the season. I tend to use the higher SPFs because I burn very easily and this sunscreen does the job quite nicely. This was honestly the first sunscreen I used that didn't result in me going home with face or shoulder sunburns. The scent is a definite plus for me, no other sunscreen I've tried smells quite as nice as this. Every time we are out at a beach or anywhere with prolonged sun exposure, my friends and family always ask to use this sunscreen. It has really become a staple in my life.
Marie P.
Marie P.
Maryville, TN

I have used this sunscreen for a few years now and love the way the formula is gentle on my screen without leaving my face feeling caked with oily residue. The formula blends well and was effective in small applications. As compared to some other sunscreens, I'd probably use one that wasn't lotion-based for my body (just for easier spread and application) and stick with this product for sensitive areas, like the tops of your shoulders, ears, feet or face! I really enjoyed the aroma of this product as well and would recommend it highly to others!
Shamiza D.
Shamiza D.
Briarwood, NY

I wear sunscreen year round and especially when I know I will be spending hours outdoors but I don't like most sunscreen because they have that smell, if you wear sunscreen I know you know what I mean and also they tend to dry skin out and leave a white residue. Well this sunscreen is great. It smells good, it hydrates, and no white residue or look, it's like apply regular moisturizing lotion. There is no sticky, greasy or heavy feeling. It's great for hot summer days. On top of all that it has spf 30. Love it. This is a beach bag must have.
Jessica R.
Jessica R.

LOVE this!!!
I travel a lot and often have to freshen up in airport bathrooms before I'm off to my next destination. I always wear sunscreen when I fly... I'm wierd and worry about skin aging even at age 25 ha! I can't tell you how many time I've been asked what sunscreen I'm using when I apply it... mostly because it smells so nice while most sunscreens don't.
I've noticed that my sin glows in pictures I take when wearing this. My skin never feels dry, just perfect skin balance in the sun, wind, humidity, and water.
Laura P.
Laura P.

Favorite beach bag item I just love that it smells nice and blocks my wimpy skin from getting sunburn I really recommend getting this if going to a really sunny place.so yeah it's really help full and it moisturizes your skin which I think is awesome.but I use it like lotion if you have sensitive skin or dry like me again:D or you can use as moisturizer on your face then put on your makeup and all that jazz.(pretty cheeses joke XD) get it if you have the chance to get it
Ashley H.
Ashley H.

I just got this lotion sunscreen and I am HOOKED!!! This sunscreen firstly smells amazing! It has such a light fragrant tropic scent which can transport you anywhere! The product itself is very light and covers evenly. The version I got is in a more convenient pump which is much much easier to apply especially if you're wet and can't hold a bottle to pour into your hands! This product can be found at most stores such as Walmart, target, even Walgreens and CVS.
Bernadette C.
Bernadette C.
St Petersburg, FL

We have been users of Hawaiian Tropic products for years now. With that being said we do have a few basics that we love and use over and over, and we do like to try out their new products, including the Silk Hydration Lotion Sunscreen. It is the perfect combo of sunscreen protection and general skin protection. No leftover residues. Is not sticky or oily. Scent is moderate and not overwhelming. We use sunscreen on a daily here to avoid long term skin issues.
Jaye W.
Jaye W.
Masontown, Pa

Would anyone recommend this?
Carol B.
Carol B.
Schenectady, NY

Does anyone know where I can find this for a good price?
Kelli C.
Kelli C.
Dallas, TX

I am super nervous about breaking out by using this... Is it ok for your face?
Jamie J.
Jamie J.
Farmington, NY

How well do you think that the SPF works, and how long does it last?
Amy P.