BY HAWAIIAN TROPIC #2 in Tanning Oil

Buy now on Rite Aid
and get 3.0% CASH BACK with
powered by

A Rare Blend of Nature s Rich Tanning Oils Time Released Antioxidants Exotic Island Botanicals A warm sun, island breezes, luxuriant oils and a heavenly scent - Hawaiian Tropic® Dark Tanning Oil is infused with Island botanicals that soothe and pamper, while time-released antioxidants provide skin nourishment.  Indulge in the sun, and keep your skin soft and radiant! No sunscreens. To be used by those with a good tan. No Animal Testing

Hawaiian Tropic® Dark Tanning Oil
  • "Summer means sexy tan skin time! But! Be Warned! Sun damage is a serious issue and you should always be careful and be protected from those harmful rays. Anyways, back to the fun :) I use this oil to help me get that golden glow, otherwise I just can't get any color at all if I'm wearing sunscreen. My skin just doesn't tan for some reason, even if I don't wear protection. This stuff however, is amazing! And I tan so easily using it. I also love the smell and how soft and silky it will leave my skin when I rub off the excess after I'm done frolicking outside. " in 109 reviews
  • "I'm a very fair skinned person. I'm known throughout my family and friend groups for being pale. This product, however, did work very well. I can lay out in the sun for about 30 so minutes longer than I can normally without getting burnt. I definitely noticed a difference with how much sun my skin was absorbing. My only real complaint it that it doesn't ever soak in. I may have just used too much, so be careful how much you se. " in 48 reviews
  • "smells great but unless you have really dark skin or are already tanned i suggest starting out with a tanning oil with some SPF in it!" in 8 reviews
  • "I smells amazing and is sure to live up to it's name with giving you a tropical looking tan." in 7 reviews
  • "I have an olive skin tone and have never had any problems with burning or anything like that." in 3 reviews
Ally S.
We really like the scent of this oil and how it amplifies your tan easily, especially and even for someone who burns fairly easily before developing a tan. Which is me, the only downside to this product is that the oil can clog your pores and cause breakouts. Never use on your face for this reason and generally wash it off after being in the sun to prevent this from happening. The smell is terrific which is great since some oils and sunscreens smell horrid.
Maddie B.
Portland, OR
This is my go-to tanning oil! I love using this because even though it may only have 4 SPF I feel like at least I'm getting a little bit of protection. 4 is better than 0 right!? This smells amazing! I feel like it works really well to get me tan! I would lather up with this and just sit out until I'm no longer oily and then flip to the other side. This stuff is great and I would recommend.
Alyce G.
Kirtland, NM
Hawaiian Tropic Original Dark Tanning Oil is the only tanning oil I use. I buy it at Wai-Mart for under $10. It gives me immediate results the first time I go tanning. It is a great value compared to higher priced tanning oils. I would definitely buy this oil time and again! Just remember - this is an oil!
Brittany L.
Chandler, AZ
I ALWAYS use this during spring to start up my tan and throughout the summer. It's an oil so obviously it's shiny and slick, but I wouldn't describe it as a greasy feel. Within 20 minutes I have noticeable tan lines and a dark natural color and it's not orangey. However, if you stay in the sun with it for too long you will burn as it has no spf. I apply it generously everywhere and it cuts down the time I spend tanning dramatically. Shower it off with soap &a exfoliate after you're done and you'll be glowin:)
Briana V.
Lake Worth, FL
Wellness Guru Expert Level 2
Living in Florida results with lots of tanning and beach days! So this tanning oil is a bestie of mine, I'm very fair skin and even this stuff helps me gain some color. I also love the scent, it reminds me of summer! It is extremely sticky but that's the whole
idea of a oil, just be sure to take a nice shower after tanning.
Amanda R.
Otsego, MI
Wellness Guru Expert Level 5
Was not meant for a fair skin woman like myself I burnt really bad after use there is never any hope for me to have a tan even when to use a tanning bed with this and I walked out with freckles. Good for people who tan I suppose.I would not recommend to anyone with fair skin
sierra r.
Logan, UT
I tried this product this summer to enhance my summer glow. I already have an olive complexion and I don't burn but I wanted to be a little darker! I used it regularly whenever I was out in the sun for extended lengths of time, loved it. Being an oil rather than a lotion it is greasy but it didn't feel icky at all. I felt like it did its job :)) I was very happy with the outcome and would recommend to anyone trying to get a tan in the hot summer sun.
Allison V.
Greenfield, WI
This tanning oil is by far my favorite tanning oil I have tried. It doesn't leave you feeling greasy and stays on for a long time. You can buy it at any Walmart or Target retailer. It smells like a normal tanning oil would smell but leaves your skin smelling good and feeling good. I would 100% recommend this product to anyone looking to get a nice quick tan.
Shennise J.
Clermont, FL
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
I have always had the bad luck of not being able to get a quick tan at the beach or pool. Unless i stayed in the sun for a few hours before turning I wouldnt have any luck. I recently tried this out. I love the smell of it and it gave me the most amazing tan ive had since I was younger. U fortunately i burn then tan, but for having used it over a month and a half ago and still have a beautiful tan, I'd say it was very well worth it!
Mary Mar D.
Kissimmee, FL
Just bought this the other day and literally made miracles happen to my skin !!! I've never actually been able to tan before since all the products I've used never really worked for me but I have to say this one is my new favorite I live in Florida so a tan is a must ! This product smells and feels amazing on my skin will definitely be purchasing again !
Jenny D.
Wellness Guru Expert Level 2
Is this worth my money? I don't want to buy anything before looking into it.
Emerine B.
Mount Morris, MI
Do you use Hawaiian Tropic Tanning oil as a moisturizer during the winter?
Melissa R.
Erie, PA
Would you recommend this to your friends and family?
Alexa P.
San Diego, CA
For some reason, I can sit out in the sun for hours and I will NOT tan (or get sunburned thank you Jesus), but I really need to even out the million colors I got on me. is this gonna work?
Hannah M.
Ormond Beach, FL
How does this compare to other brands?

back