3 colors available

BY HAWAIIAN TROPIC #1 in Tanning Oil

A Rare Blend of Nature s Rich Tanning Oils Time Released Antioxidants Exotic Island Botanicals A warm sun, island breezes, luxuriant oils and a heavenly scent - Hawaiian Tropic® Dark Tanning Oil is infused with Island botanicals that soothe and pamper, while time-released antioxidants provide skin nourishment.  Indulge in the sun, and keep your skin soft and radiant! No sunscreens. To be used by those with a good tan. No Animal Testing

• Is this worth my money? I don't want to buy anything before looking...26 Answers
  • Would you recommend this to your friends and family?15 Answers
  • Is this good for light skin I'm looking to tan before my beach trip...3 Answers
Hawaiian Tropic Dark Tanning Oil
  • "smells great but unless you have really dark skin or are already tanned i suggest starting out with a tanning oil with some SPF in it!" in 8 reviews
  • "I smells amazing and is sure to live up to it's name with giving you a tropical looking tan." in 7 reviews
  • "i love this product its so light and smells really good it made me so dark just in a few days in the sun." in 3 reviews
  • "I have an olive skin tone and have never had any problems with burning or anything like that." in 3 reviews
Freddra R.
Freddra R.
Homestead , FL
I take this every time I go to the beach. Usually me, my brother, and my mom use it. Me and my mom tan, but my brother turns pink (different dads). My skin comes out looking the way I want it to by the end of the day, taking on a nice caramel complexion. I would recommend putting sunblock on before or after applying the tanning lotion because it's not only preventing sunburns, but make sure not to apply it only on those places that are usually prone to burn because you might end up with darker spots then other. The sunblock protects your skin from UV rays which can cause so many other harmful things and no it doesn't prevent you from tanning.
Stephanie W.
Stephanie W.
Trumann, AR
Wellness Guru Expert
Hawaiian Tropic Dark Tanning Oil has and always will be my favorite go-to tanning product! I started using Hawaiian Tropic very young and have always loved the smell, very light and sweet, not a "tanning smell". The Dark Tanning Oil has always given me the best, most naturally dark tan and no matter how much my hormones are acting crazy I can always use Dark Tanning Oil, and I have an even tan. I have sensitive skin, and I even put it on my face! It's just an all=around great quality product from an amazing company. I would totally recommend Hawaiian Tropic Dark Tanning Oil to everyone and actually do all the time.
Amber M.
Amber M.
Omaha, NE
This is a beach bag must have for me! I love the summer because I get to spend the days sitting by the lake in the sand enjoying the sun on my skin and this oil has been leaving a beautiful brown and dark tan on my body since I was about 11 years old and it is still just as good if not better as the oil seems to last longer so reapplying isn't needed as much. I also love that I can hop in the water and play with the kids or cool off without washing it off and having to reapply! This will always be my go to for outdoor tanning since it leaves my color beautiful, natural, and my skin soft and moisturized!!!
Elena G.
Elena G.
Albany, OR
I am a person who can't quite easily. but sometimes I need a little bit of help so that's where this product comes in. I have been using this for years and I absolutely love it I love the smell of it it is so refreshing and not overbearing like some are. I love how it flies on to the skin and it stays on and you can do a little sunbathing and actually go swimming with it. these are all very amazing things and very important to me so I would highly recommend this product and the company is very reputable and highly enjoy all their products so give it a whirl.
Jennifer B.
Jennifer B.
Hawaiian Tropic dark tanning oil is definitely a MUST-HAVE essential product in my beach bag! I love the way it smells and how it leaves my skin silky soft and super smooth. It gives you amazing color and leaves you with a youthful glow.

It's also my super secret trick in the shower! I apply it to my legs before shaving and it helps me get that close shave thats lasts for days.

I definitely can't live without this in the summer and would recommend it to anyone that wants a great tan from a product that smells great and leaves you silky smooth! 🌞
Lauren P.
Lauren P.
Monessen , PA
Counting the days down until I can use Hawaiian Tropic dark tanning oil again. The smell of this makes you want to close your eyes and hear the waves crashing in. This is a great tanning oil used for outside and keeps your skin looking radiant and your skin soft. You should apply this oil liberally 15 minutes before sun exposure! I've always used this come summer time and love how tan I look after. I have light completed skin but with this you would like I lived on an island!
Haley B.
Haley B.
Evansville, IN
Wellness Guru Expert
I absolutely love this outdoor tanning oil! You can buy it at Walmart for like $5! It smells really great but it is an oil so it leaves you with this sticky feeling which goes ways once it dries! I get amazing color from this oil even if I've only been outside for an hour. I'm not kidding! You get DARK! I don't think it has any SPF in it though so be careful! The bottle doesn't mention anything about SPF. all and all this tanning oil is my go to for great color in the summer!
Erin M.
Erin M.
I love this tanning oil, and Hawaiian Tropic is always my go to for tanning oil during the summer. I feel like it really helps to accelerate getting a tan. I usually will start out with a tanning oil that has a low SPF to begin with, when I don't have a very good tan as I am beginning to tan again. Then I usually work my way to using this to get a dark tan. It also smells great, which is just another thing I really like about this tanning oil!
Kyra S.
Kyra S.
Wellness Guru Expert
I absolutely love wearing this oil to tan, it works so well. It's a bit thick and greasy, though. I have to wash my hands after applying or I get the oil on everything. It smells so good, like a Pina colada. My only other complaint is that it does NOT have SPF in it, so you'll have to apply a sunscreen before applying this if you don't want to burn really quick. This does create a dark but natural tan, more on the brown side. Love it!
Han D.
Han D.
Richmond, TX
I have used this product the beginning of the summer and I love it! I've already had a slight tan for a while now but figured getting a little darker wouldn't hurt, The fragrance smells nice as well so I have no complaints. This product gave me a really nice tan and it's great for the price! Also while I would tan at the pool, I was kind of worried about getting a sunburn while basking in the sun but I was sunburn free after each use!
Jenny D.
Jenny D.
Is this worth my money? I don't want to buy anything before looking into it.
Emerine B.
Emerine B.
Mount Morris, MI
Do you use Hawaiian Tropic Tanning oil as a moisturizer during the winter?
Melissa R.
Melissa R.
Erie, PA
Would you recommend this to your friends and family?
Alexa P.
Alexa P.
San Diego, CA
For some reason, I can sit out in the sun for hours and I will NOT tan (or get sunburned thank you Jesus), but I really need to even out the million colors I got on me. is this gonna work?
Hannah M.
Hannah M.
Ormond Beach, FL
How does this compare to other brands?