Add a Photo

#55 in Chips

The pea-fect snack with snap! Harvest Snaps Lightly Salted Snapea Crisps are made with whole green peas and contain 5g of plant protein per serving! They’re also a good source of fiber and are low in sodium and fat. HarvestSnaps are the great tasting, satisfyingly crunchy snack you can feel good about. Snack more without the guilt!

Photos (759)
Melissa R.
Melissa R.
Surrey, British Columbia

A while back, after their return from up north, my parents introduced me to a new crisp that they had tried; a crisp made out of green peas.

Meet my latest snacking addiction, Snapea Crisps by Harvest Snaps. They are a new and healthier alternative to regular potato chips.

Currently, the flavors include Lightly Salted, Caesar, Black Pepper, and Wasabi Ranch; but the Lightly Salted variety is my favorite.

Snapea Crisps are the perfect snack for when you are craving something a bit salty that is also relatively healthy. I find that they pack the same satisfactory crunch as regular chips. Although given a choice, I believe that I prefer these as they aren’t overly salty or greasy.

Given the chance, I could demolish a large bag of these snaps within one sitting.

Overall, these are likely a bit more expensive than your average crisp. However, they are worth the price. It is an added bonus if they go on special at your local shop.

Please keep in mind that this is not a sponsored post; this review is my honest and unbiased opinion.

Side note: Snapea Crisps are GLUTEN FREE. So, those who are sensitive to Gluten can enjoy this snack as well.
Rich F.
Rich F.
Miami, Florida

I received this snack as part of the Flawless VoxBox from infuenster.com and I love it! I'm the typical person who gravitates toward extremely salty snacks (i.e. hot cheetos lol) and i didn't think I was going to like this at first, but i actually did! They're VERY lightly salted (I didn't start tasting the saltiness until I was almost done with the bag. Yes, I ate the entire thing while going through the rest of the voxbox lol). The amount of salt actually makes it easier for you to focus on the taste of the actual crisp. They're nice and toasty and crispy but not chip-level crunchy. They feel and taste almost like a wafer. By this I mean that the flavor is there but not at all overpowering or even strong. It's a light, fresh taste that leaves you feeling full but not sluggish and heavy like my hot cheetos does. I'm not a huge snack person, so I don't keep snacks at home, but if I decide I want snacks, I'll definitely look for this. I can't speak to the ease of access because I haven't tried to find them in a store.
Haley G.
Haley G.

My college roommate used to rave about these when she'd be determined to eat healthy and lose weight, but not being on the same health kick, I avoided them at the time. However, I recently received a free sample in a #VoxBox from Influenster, so it was time to give them a try!

I've always been a picky eater and tend to avoid anything green, so I must admit I was skeptical. I tried the "lightly salted" flavor and was a bit unsure after my first bite, but then I took one more and couldn't stop! I did crave a little more salt, but I didn't feel like eating healthy was a punishment and they weren't overly vegetable-y. It was packaged in a practical 90 calorie bag, too, so I didn't feel guilty devouring the entire thing!

I also want to mention how short the ingredient list is. I was impressed that there were no suspicious ingredients hiding in this snack. It really makes a great healthy snack without feeling like you're compromising.

All I can say is, "YES, PEAS!"
Cori K.
Cori K.
West Chester , PA

I just recently became conscious of my eating habits and focusing on what I am really putting into my body. I try to steer away from processed foods and foods high in sugars and sodium as the wear and tear on your body is really bad. I find that when I do get a craving for something salty, I always try to go for these. I know that they aren't the best thing for you but when I eat them I don't feel as bad about myself versus when I pick up a bag of potato chips. These Snaps, are the perfect "healthy" version of potato chips. They have a perfect crunch and basically taste like a potato chip if I am being honest! I even like to amp up my snacking with these and dip them in some chip dip, buffalo dip, or even some ranch! Definitely a snack I recommend if you're trying to eat healthier and skip the potato chips!
Randi Y.
Randi Y.

In my journey to become healthier I've been forcing myself to try foods that I previously turned up my nose at. Snap peas was one of those foods. Tried them and now I LAHV them so I was super excited when Influenster sent me these to try! And they did not disappoint. They give me the salt and crunch necessary to satisfy that "You are eating snacks" feeling but without all the "You are eating snacks" fat and high sodium content. The lightly salted variety are delicate in flavor and not overpowering in either the salt or pea department. Harvest Snaps is definitely now on my list of fave snacks and I've already gone out to purchase the Wasabi Ranch and Tomato Basil varieties! :D

I received these products complimentary from Influenster for testing purposes.
Kait B.
Kait B.
Le Center, MN

I don't like peas, but these tasted pretty much like classic potato chips.

They had a half-puffy, half crunchy texture, which was fine. Not quite as satisfying of a crunch as you get with say, kettle chips, but being a healthy alternative to potato chips, and a smooth taste, not too salty, no weird aftertaste, I have to say that I went from skeptical to eating the entire little bag almost instantly.

All in all, potato chips are not that exciting on their own, and these peas are no exception. Not the most amazing snack, but one I don't feel the least bit guilty for eating. Call it a win for a (healthy) snack fix.

FYI: I recieved my little bag of Harvest Snaps in my Flawless VoxBox free for testing/review purposes.
Whitney C.
Whitney C.
Thomasville, GA

I received these in my #FlawlessVoxbox and was pleasantly surprised when I finally tried them. I tend to love peas, carrots or really any type of vegetable so I figured these would be no different, even if they were from a prepackaged bag that was sent to my doorstep & not straight out of the garden. They do have a slight taste of salt which I liked but not overly salty that it took away from the actual crisp, crunch and taste. These are definitely something I plan on buying over & over again not only because they are delicious but they are also a light healthier snack than the alternative. Thanks again #Influenster for sending me these Harvest Snaps free for testing purposes, I really enjoyed them
Kelsey N.
Kelsey N.
Macomb, MI

I am very well-known for constantly snacking. I always have plenty of snacks and things on deck for any occasion where hunger may arise. In the plight to eat healthier, finding a snack that was healthy but also easy to grab and go was a struggle.
That's where these babies come in! The bag is the perfect size to throw in your purse or backpack for later. The portion in the bag is the perfect amount so you don't overeat and each bag is under 100 calories. Another thing I really liked was that there only about 6 ingredients so there isn't anything funky added in.
I just wish there was more salt on them but I think that everything could use more salt!

I received Harvest Snaps free for testing purposes.
Kjelse R.
Kjelse R.
Ephraim, UT

Lightly salted is an accurate description. They leave me wanting more flavor (probably because my taste buds have been trained to enjoy lots of flavor and salt from regular potato chips), but at the same time it's nice to have something that is not too salty. These are not low-carb, unfortunately, at 13 net carbs per serving, but they are lower than potato chips. They are also lower in fat than potato chips. They are coated in rice flour, which is what gives them the fried crunch. Overall, more flavor would be nice, but they are much healthier than potato chips and a great snack to munch on - especially if you are going to be eating something else soon and don't want to overwhelm your taste buds.
Kristen M.
Kristen M.
Providence, RI

I wish I has a photo to attach to this review but I devoured these bad boys within minutes of opening them up! I would like to say that I am a veggie chip/stick hater. These are totally different and made me change my opinion of all things "veggie chip." They are air light, have just the right amount of salt and the taste is just one that you will have to find out about for yourself. Just one day later, I found them in my local grocery store for $1.25 for a big bag making these an extremely affordable (and healthy!!) alternative to chips. I highly recommend picking up a bag today! *note that I received a sample of these for my honest review and have already purchased more.
Olivia F.
Olivia F.
Wdm, IA

These seem like they'd be too salty though.
Sarah B.
Sarah B.

Are these tasty? Are they heavily salted?
Andrea T.
Andrea T.
Sellersburg, IN

What is everyone's favorite flavor?
ASHLEE K.
ASHLEE K.
Riverdale, GA

are these any good? I have heard good things about them.
Amie B.
Amie B.
Qulin,MO

Are these available in stores? If so, what's the average cost?

Join Now