Hartz UltraGuard Pro Flea and Tick Treatment Drops for Dogs and uploaded by Sarah D.Hartz UltraGuard Pro Flea and Tick Treatment Drops for Dogs and uploaded by Ashley E.

BY HARTZ #20 in Flea & Tick Control

Hartz ultraguard pro flea & tick triple action treatment for dogs and puppies is a long lasting monthly treatment with dual insect growth regulators (igrs) that protects your pet and his enviornment and starts killing fleas within 15 minutes! This treatment kills fleas, brown dog and deer ticks, flea eggs, flea larvae, repels misquitoes before they bite and prevents re-infestations for 1 month. Hartz ultraguard pro features the easy to use pro-glide(r) angled applicator with rounded edges for a softer, more pleasant application experience that is suitable for both long and short-haired dogs. Use on dogs or on puppies 12 weeks of age... see more...

Elizabeth C.
Louisville, KY
Pet Lover Expert Level 3
To be up front I do live in an area with a lot of abandoned animals turned strays. So the flea problem is very intense. To start out we thought even the cheapest stuff would work fine because that's what its for. How could it not work?
Boy were we wrong. Their flea collar and this flea dip as a combo did not work at all. Not even a little bit.
We'd give her a flea bath and then blow dry her and pick off all the fleas with tweezers and then add the flea dip as directed and then add the collar. She had new fleas the very next time she went outside. So we waited. We thought maybe we need to give it some time to get into her blood and/ or around her skin and then it will work. After a week she had anotger bad infestation and we had to do another flea wash.
So this time we went against the directions and used two tubes at once spotted all over her body once and down a straight line from her head to her tail. Again she had fleas the very next time she went outside and again we gave it a week to work. Same thing happened. We continued to try it and it never worked.
It is cheap and easy to apply but its a complete waste of money and wouldn't repel or kill one flea so no I absolutely do not recommend.
Sarah D.
Spencer, OH
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
Added puppy for cuteness factor. 😁
This flea treatment works just as well as any flea treatment for much less $$$. That being said, the past two years I've used many different flea treaments and NONE of them have really worked all that well. I don't think there is anything wrong with this formula but am giving 3 stars because I'm unsure as to why fleas have been resilient to ANY flea treatments the past 2 years. 🤔
Michaela F.
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
During the warm weather I put hertz flea control on my dog he weighs about 75 lbs and he is out almost all day to play when the weather is nice. And when he comes back inside there is no fleas or ticks on him. I think this product works well and it's not real expensive so as long as it continues to work I will continue to buy it and use it
shirley m.
Pasadena, TX
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
I use the Hartz tick and flea treatment on my dogs every 3 months. They are indoor dogs and dont really like being outdoor but I do have neighbours who have their dogs outside so I like to take precaution. They have not had a single flea ever. SO I do recommend this treatment to other owners.
Michaela B.
Terre Haute, IN
Pet Lover Expert Level 2
Great tick and flea removal, got rid of them in just a few uses. This is also affordable. The only con I have is the smell isn’t very great but that is to be expected with with medications. I would buy this again and recommend to anyone. Hartz UltraGuard Pro Flea and Tick Treatment Drops for Dogs and
Myriam S.
Dallas, TX
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
I received this Ultra Guard Flea & Tick Drops to try on my dog from Hartz. Easy to apply -doesn't irritate the skin either. Does have a odor to it that slowly fades away to nothing. I love the added benefit of incorporating Tick protection into this product.…
Taylor D.
Bakersfield, CA
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
This product works good for a time being. I purchased this at Target and it’s helped my dogs for temporary until I’m able to purchase the Frontline product which is great, works the same, I think. I only buy this product for emergencies but nonetheless it works good.
Ashley E.
arkadelphia
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
Don’t even waste your money on this product. We had to shave my dogs for because this did not protect him against fleas. I was very disappointed and my dog looks ridiculous. If we put this on him before flea season and he ended up with fleas still. He’s finally recovered from his hideous haircut
Renee Y.
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
Since this brand is cheaper you have to make sure to be consistent with the applications that it says on the box. Also be cause it is cheap it makes me happy as well.
🎀Molly🎀 B.
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
My vet recommended this for my dog. We usually put the drops on her before bed time so she doesn’t run it off everywhere. We have used this many time and my dog has never had fleas. I️ recommend this product very much cause it is very effective!
Diane S.
Georgetown, OH
Has anyone had a dog become sick or have skin issues after using this product?
Jillian Larson 5.
Rosemere, QC
Not mine particularly but it can. Make sure to use the amount made for your dog's weight or else it can be too much and make them sick.
Sarah D.
Spencer, OH
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
Anyone else notice fleas have been really resistant to all flea formulas (the treatments, not baths) for the past 2 years or so?
Kelsey K.
Lexington, KY
Has anyone noticed this no longer working for their pet? This past summer I've had no luck with this at all. Are they just not as strong of a formula anymore?
Sabrina B.
Has anyone had good luck with this product I've tried twice on my dog who is 4 pounds and have had no luck getting rid of fleas