Hartz UltraGuard Pro Flea and Tick Treatment Drops for Dogs and uploaded by Ashley E.

BY HARTZ

Hartz ultraguard pro flea & tick triple action treatment for dogs and puppies is a long lasting monthly treatment with dual insect growth regulators (igrs) that protects your pet and his enviornment and starts killing fleas within 15 minutes! This treatment kills fleas, brown dog and deer ticks, flea eggs, flea larvae, repels misquitoes before they bite and prevents re-infestations for 1 month. Hartz ultraguard pro features the easy to use pro-glide(r) angled applicator with rounded edges for a softer, more pleasant application experience that is suitable for both long and short-haired dogs. Use on dogs or on puppies 12 weeks of age... see more...

Elizabeth C.
Louisville, KY
Pet Lover Expert Level 3
To be up front I do live in an area with a lot of abandoned animals turned strays. So the flea problem is very intense. To start out we thought even the cheapest stuff would work fine because that's what its for. How could it not work?
Boy were we wrong. Their flea collar and this flea dip as a combo did not work at all. Not even a little bit.
We'd give her a flea bath and then blow dry her and pick off all the fleas with tweezers and then add the flea dip as directed and then add the collar. She had new fleas the very next time she went outside. So we waited. We thought maybe we need to give it some time to get into her blood and/ or around her skin and then it will work. After a week she had anotger bad infestation and we had to do another flea wash.
So this time we went against the directions and used two tubes at once spotted all over her body once and down a straight line from her head to her tail. Again she had fleas the very next time she went outside and again we gave it a week to work. Same thing happened. We continued to try it and it never worked.
It is cheap and easy to apply but its a complete waste of money and wouldn't repel or kill one flea so no I absolutely do not recommend.
Michaela F.
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
During the warm weather I put hertz flea control on my dog he weighs about 75 lbs and he is out almost all day to play when the weather is nice. And when he comes back inside there is no fleas or ticks on him. I think this product works well and it's not real expensive so as long as it continues to work I will continue to buy it and use it
Jessica A.
Nippa, KY
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
This is an effective flea and tick treatment. I use it on my lab retriever. She is an inside dog, but she does go outside and we live in a woodsy area where she can easily pick up ticks and fleas. This does work, but it leaves a greasy residue and smell on her fur that transfers onto our couch cushions and sheets, which I don’t like at all.
Melanie C.
Allentown, PA
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
I have used this and it does nothing. This is not a good product, I'm guessing that is why you can find it at your local dollar tree for $1. I have looked up other online reviews and I have heard that this product has caused seizures and illness to death. Now I would be very careful. I'm thankful I never experienced any illness in my dogs but I have experienced this do nothing after application.
shirley m.
Pasadena, TX
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
I use the Hartz tick and flea treatment on my dogs every 3 months. They are indoor dogs and dont really like being outdoor but I do have neighbours who have their dogs outside so I like to take precaution. They have not had a single flea ever. SO I do recommend this treatment to other owners.
Tracy C.
Jesup, GA
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
Works after the first treatment! It is very easy to put on. I pair it with Hartz Ultra Guard Reflecting Flea & Tick Collar for Dogs and Puppiesto give him some more flea-fighting kicks! It doesn’t smell and my dog doesn’t seem to mind it when I put it on him. Good price as well, I recommend!
Myriam S.
Dallas
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
I received this Ultra Guard Flea & Tick Drops to try on my dog from Hartz. Easy to apply -doesn't irritate the skin either. Does have a odor to it that slowly fades away to nothing. I love the added benefit of incorporating Tick protection into this product.…
Taylor D.
Bakersfield, CA
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
This product works good for a time being. I purchased this at Target and it’s helped my dogs for temporary until I’m able to purchase the Frontline product which is great, works the same, I think. I only buy this product for emergencies but nonetheless it works good.
Ashley E.
arkadelphia
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
Don’t even waste your money on this product. We had to shave my dogs for because this did not protect him against fleas. I was very disappointed and my dog looks ridiculous. If we put this on him before flea season and he ended up with fleas still. He’s finally recovered from his hideous haircut
Virginia R.
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
Ever since we cleared out our initial infestation of fleas we have been treating our dog (and cats) with this monthly to prevent a reoccurrence. So far we haven’t had any issues so I will continue to buy this brand. Would recommend.
Diane S.
Georgetown, OH
Has anyone had a dog become sick or have skin issues after using this product?
Jillian Larson 5.
Rosemere, QC
Not mine particularly but it can. Make sure to use the amount made for your dog's weight or else it can be too much and make them sick.
Kelsey K.
Lexington, KY
Has anyone noticed this no longer working for their pet? This past summer I've had no luck with this at all. Are they just not as strong of a formula anymore?
Sabrina B.
Has anyone had good luck with this product I've tried twice on my dog who is 4 pounds and have had no luck getting rid of fleas