Hartz UltraGuard Pro Flea and Tick Treatment Drops for Dogs and uploaded by Sarah D.Hartz UltraGuard Pro Flea and Tick Treatment Drops for Dogs and uploaded by Ashley E.

BY HARTZ #29 in Flea & Tick Control

Hartz ultraguard pro flea & tick triple action treatment for dogs and puppies is a long lasting monthly treatment with dual insect growth regulators (igrs) that protects your pet and his enviornment and starts killing fleas within 15 minutes! This treatment kills fleas, brown dog and deer ticks, flea eggs, flea larvae, repels misquitoes before they bite and prevents re-infestations for 1 month. Hartz ultraguard pro features the easy to use pro-glide(r) angled applicator with rounded edges for a softer, more pleasant application experience that is suitable for both long and short-haired dogs. Use on dogs or on puppies 12 weeks of age... see more...

Elizabeth C.
Louisville, KY
Pet Lover Expert Level 3
To be up front I do live in an area with a lot of abandoned animals turned strays. So the flea problem is very intense. To start out we thought even the cheapest stuff would work fine because that's what its for. How could it not work?
Boy were we wrong. Their flea collar and this flea dip as a combo did not work at all. Not even a little bit.
We'd give her a flea bath and then blow dry her and pick off all the fleas with tweezers and then add the flea dip as directed and then add the collar. She had new fleas the very next time she went outside. So we waited. We thought maybe we need to give it some time to get into her blood and/ or around her skin and then it will work. After a week she had anotger bad infestation and we had to do another flea wash.
So this time we went against the directions and used two tubes at once spotted all over her body once and down a straight line from her head to her tail. Again she had fleas the very next time she went outside and again we gave it a week to work. Same thing happened. We continued to try it and it never worked.
It is cheap and easy to apply but its a complete waste of money and wouldn't repel or kill one flea so no I absolutely do not recommend.
Shannon S.
Flint, MI
With the weather getting warmer my dog needed something for flea prevention until I good get him in to his very for his normal medication.

This was conveniently at the supermarket I was shopping at so I grabbed a box for his weight class.

I will never do that again. The medication left a greasy trail down his back for days. My dog loves to be pet and cuddle, but that was a no go as you would hey the medication on your hands. Aside from that - it didn't prevent fleas. He had never gotten fleas prior to using  this product and I ended up having to deep clean my house multiple times and giving him a lot of baths to rahe care of it. After going back on the vet's. Meds it hasn't been an issue.
Sarah D.
Spencer, OH
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
Added puppy for cuteness factor. 😁
This flea treatment works just as well as any flea treatment for much less $$$. That being said, the past two years I've used many different flea treaments and NONE of them have really worked all that well. I don't think there is anything wrong with this formula but am giving 3 stars because I'm unsure as to why fleas have been resilient to ANY flea treatments the past 2 years. 🤔
shirley m.
Pasadena, TX
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
I use the Hartz tick and flea treatment on my dogs every 3 months. They are indoor dogs and dont really like being outdoor but I do have neighbours who have their dogs outside so I like to take precaution. They have not had a single flea ever. SO I do recommend this treatment to other owners.
Ashley E.
arkadelphia
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
Don’t even waste your money on this product. We had to shave my dogs for because this did not protect him against fleas. I was very disappointed and my dog looks ridiculous. If we put this on him before flea season and he ended up with fleas still. He’s finally recovered from his hideous haircut
Rachel W.
Springfield, OR
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
We use this but we get the large dog one because of our 75lb pit mix. It works amazing at keeping the fleas away and keeping her itch free all month! It applies easily and dries pretty quick. And it's cheap!!! Win win for us furparents and for our furbabies!!
Yasmarie N.
oviedo
This doesn’t really work. They’re a great price but they didn’t really prevent my dogs from getting fleas when we lived in apartments. Maybe this is more for a dog that is not in contact with others. It just didn’t work for me.
Melanie C.
Allentown, PA
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
I have used this and it does nothing. This is not a good product, I'm guessing that is why you can find it at your local dollar tree for $1. I have looked up other online reviews and I have heard that this product has caused seizures and illness to death. Now I would be very careful. I'm thankful I never experienced any illness in my dogs but I have experienced this do nothing after application.
mercedes m.
Glendale, Arizona
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
This product is very affordable and it does work I've been using this product for my dog for several years with also the dog collars from Frontline these two products together work amazingly I haven't seen any ticks or fleas on my dog at all I highly recommend these products for people with pets to keep ticks and fleas away
Alyssa P.
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
Absolutely useless brand😟 Doesn't kill anything!!!

I have tried various products by Hartz and not one worked even closely. Complete was of money.

Buy Petarmor and get rid of bugs quickly and keep them away, very inexpensive and worth triple the cost.
Diane S.
Georgetown, OH
Has anyone had a dog become sick or have skin issues after using this product?
Jillian Larson 5.
Rosemere, QC
Not mine particularly but it can. Make sure to use the amount made for your dog's weight or else it can be too much and make them sick.
Sarah D.
Spencer, OH
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
Anyone else notice fleas have been really resistant to all flea formulas (the treatments, not baths) for the past 2 years or so?
Kelsey K.
Lexington, KY
Has anyone noticed this no longer working for their pet? This past summer I've had no luck with this at all. Are they just not as strong of a formula anymore?
Sabrina B.
Has anyone had good luck with this product I've tried twice on my dog who is 4 pounds and have had no luck getting rid of fleas