Hartz UltraGuard One Spot Flea and Tick Drops for Cats uploaded by Dani S.

BY HARTZ #32 in Flea & Tick Control

Hartz UltraGuard One Spot Flea and Tick Drops for Cats: Kills and prevents flea eggs and flea larvae for up to 30 days Stops the flea life cycle and prevents re-infestation for 30 days Use monthly Do not use on kittens less than 12 weeks old Tick and flea drops for cats contains 3 monthly treatments see more...

• If i use Hartz UltraGuard will i be able to NOT use my ca...2 Answers
Sandra S.
Tacoma, WA
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
If I could give this negative stars, I would. Years ago I was stupid, and didn't do my research. I just wanted to help my cat get relief from the fleas. I bought this, followed the instructions and almost killed my cat. I put it on her, she went to sleep. A few hours later, I went to sleep myself. I woke up to her on my chest, damn near in convultions, shaking, drooling, foaming at the mouth, and dialated pupils. She must have been able to lick the back of her neck if something, or it seeped into her skin and was too much for her system, because she was so close to death less than a half an hour later when we got her to tje emergency vet. I am still so thankful that she woke me up for help. I ended up spending over 3k to save her. She needed to be put into some kind of high-tech chamber and get a blood transfusion, was there over a week. She did survive, but due to some organ injures, needs medicine for the rest of her life. I will never forget the look on her face when she woke me up. At the vet, they informed me that this brand is all around bad. So many animals are poisoned by thier products. Never again will I buy ANYTHING from them. I wrote them many, many times, asking them to please do something about these killer prodcucts they have out and they never replied. In the end, I even sent them pics of her in the hospital with thier product in the shot, as well as the diagnoses from the vet hospital and the bill. Thats when they finally replied because they didn't want a darn lawsuit. I never once asked them for money. I just want them to stop making animals suffer.
Brook B.
Cresaptown, MD
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
My cats had a major flea problem this year for the first time and I bought this product thinking it would help, well it did absolutely nothing at all. I followed the instructions and everything and it did nothing at all. But I won't rate it low because I could have messed up somehow and I've read reviews that it worked on other cats so there is the possibility I did something wrong.
Becca L.
Fillmore, CA
Do not buy this product for your cat!! I got this for my cat hoping that it would help with his fleas after a friend had recommended it to me as a cheaper option that worked well for her dog. My cat is not usually the sensitive type, but immediately after putting this product on him he started hissing and hid under the bed which is something he has never done before. I could tell that he was in a lot of pain and quickly washed it off of him and luckily he was fine after that. Following this incident, I looked up reviews of this product on consumer report and saw many similar experiences from other cat owners that resulted in having to take the cat to a vet hospital and even some cat fatalities. Cats tend to be a little more sensitive to these products than dogs and I do not recommend using this product for cats! Spend the extra money and get the good stuff!
Amanda W.
Lexington, KY
Pet Lover Expert Level 3
I used this as a preventative measure for my cats when I got a dog who would be inside and outside. I figured since they don't already have a flea problem I shouldn't need something really strong. Bad idea. This stuff is cheap and it shows. It kept some fleas away from them, but worse than it not working- it made one of my cats lose the hair between his shoulder blades where it was applied. It has taken forever to grow back and when I contacted Hartz multiple times, I got no response. If you love your kitties, please buy a different product.
Amber R.
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
We love using this. We use this with the flea collar to ensure we don't get any fleas on kitty cat. Sometimes our cat gets outside. So we take the precautions to make sure he doesn't bring in any little bugs.
Ashley E.
arkadelphia
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
I only use these for a safety precaution I always get my cat a flea pill from the vet. After I give him the pill I put one of these on his neck to make sure that it gets all of the fleas. I will always buy this is super cheap at Walmart
April H.
Pet Lover Expert Level 2
These are really great spot treatments. They are reasonably priced for the products and the brand is pretty well known. We have an eight pound Egyptian Mau. Pretty easy to find at most local retailers or pet stores.
Courtney K.
Mountain View, AR
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
These don't work as good as they say they do. You do pay a low price for them and get several in a package though. They may work better depending on where you live, in not sure.
Madison N.
Winslow, IN
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
My cats don’t appreciate this stuff as much as I do. In fact they hate it. However, it is so worth keeping bugs off my babies. My cats are fairly large and one drop on the back of the neck lasts a couple weeks!
Rebecca S.
Spring Branch, TX
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
I noticed that my kittens had fleas so I decided to pick some of this up for them. They have different kinds for different aged animals, which is great for my little kitten that can’t handle a full dose. It smells good and I noticed that the fleas were gone after the second treatment
Suzie M.
Pet Lover Expert Level 2
If i use Hartz UltraGuard will i be able to NOT use my cats flea collar ??? Or is it just extra protection...